• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

More info plse

Kathleen tracy

Time of past OR future Camino
Astorga to santiago de compostela
Hi its kathleen again
Plse can someone tell me if there are different types or just a standard schengen visa. Will this visa cover us as a tourist in santiago de compostela and finistierre? Lastly will we need a separate visa for entrance to italy?
Thank u

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi its kathleen again
Plse can someone tell me if there are different types or just a standard schengen visa. Will this visa cover us as a tourist in santiago de compostela and finistierre? Lastly will we need a separate visa for entrance to italy?
Thank u
A Schengen visa covers all countries party to the Schengen Agreement, that includes Spain and Italy. Finisterre is in Spain, as is Santiago. There are no passport checks between Schengen countries - although you will need suitable ID if you’re flying between them. If- as I assume - you’re South African, that would be your passport.

You really would be better addressing these questions to a more authoritative source - such as the agency in South Africa which issues Schengen visas.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi its kathleen again
Thank u
Where are you from?

A Schengen visa is a short stay (no more than 90 days in 180) visa. Depending on your country of origin you will need to obtain it before travel. South Africa is one of the countries where that is required.

It is also possible to obtain a national visa from one of the Schengen countries, which then allows you to travel in the Schengen zone for the period of validity of that national visa without the 90 day restriction.

Once in the Schengen zone, you can travel without restriction to any of the other countries.

I also agree that it would be worthwhile getting in touch with one of the Schengen country embassies or the like to ensure that you have current and correct information. I think you will have to do this anyhow to get the visa issued before you travel.

Most read last week in this forum

Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
Good morning! My name is Samantha, and I am planning my first camino for May 2025. I am a bit overwhelmed trying to make a list of everything I need to have planned prior to starting. Does anyone...
Hi I'm Keith 60 years young from Newcastle upon Tyne UK.arriving on the 1635 Edinburgh ryanair flight on 9th September 2024 anyone like to share my express bourricot
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.