• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

More information - Convent in Sevilla

Time of past OR future Camino
2006 to date: Over 21 Caminos. See signature line
I received this reply this morning from the good Sister at the Convent in Sevilla. I have written back, asking the price of and number of pilgrim beds. I will post my answer here when I receive it. But the private rooms run only $25 and may be worth getting a good night sleep before heading off on the VDLP next day:

Estimada Annie
Paz y Bien

El Monasterio es un Convento de Clausura de Monjas Clarisas Capuchina construido a principios del siglo XVIII. A lo largo de la historia las hermanas han destacado por la austeridad como forma de vida. Como comprenderá el edificio, de más de 5000 metros construidos, precisa continuamente obras de rehabilitación siendo escasos los medios económicos que la Comunidad posee para hacer frente a los mismos, careciendo de ayudas de tanto del Ayuntamiento como de las Administraciones. Por todo ello, optamos por acondicionar parte del edificio, aislado de la clausura, como hospedaje que nos ayudara a recaudar fondos.

La Casa de Oración y Retiro, consta de 15 habitaciones dobles, 4 individuales y 3 triples donde pueden hospedarse. Estas habitaciones tienen el baño interior, están vestidas tanto de sábanas como de toallas, poseen aire acondicionado (frío y calor) y se le hacen limpieza diaria. Entre las zonas comunes cuenta con un amplio salón con televisión y un bello patio claustral. En este lugar la limosna por persona y noche es de 25 €, es decir la habitación doble sale por 50 € la noche sin incluir desayuno. En las temporadas de Semana Santa y Feria la limosna asciende a 60 € por persona y noche, es decir la doble serían 120€.

El horario de recepción para la entrega de llaves es de 9 a 13 h y de 16 a 20.30 h. Actualmente, a las 19.00 h celebramos la misa por lo que entre las 19.00 y las 20.00 h tendrán que esperar para ser atendidos, pudiendo hacerlo en el interior de nuestra iglesia, contigua al convento.Siempre tiene la posibilidad, si no puede llegar en ese horario, de enviar a alguien de su confianza a recoger las llaves ya que más tarde de las 20.30 h no se atenderá. Una vez que reciban las llaves ya no tendrán límite de horario, pudiendo entrar y salir a la hora que lo deseen.
Recientemente hemos remodelado unas zonas nuevas, creando varios apartamentos. Varios de ellos posee un salón, cocina, baño y dormitorio para dos personas y el otro cocina, baño, dormitorio y una terraza con vistas a las cubiertas de la iglesia también para dos personas.. La limosna de este lugar es de 100 € por noche. En Semana Santa y Feria la limosna asciende a 200 €. Hay apartamentos que tienen capacidad para meter camas supletorias.

En cuanto al aparcamiento, el Monasterio cuenta con algunas plazas de garaje. La limosna por plaza es de 15 € al día. Para ello habrá de solicitar una de ellas y nosotras le confirmaríamos si hay posibilidad ya que son muy pocas plazas. Si no hubiera plaza, en las cercanías al convento hay uno aparcamiento público a 2 minutos a pie.

Recientemente se ha inaugurado una modesta cafetería donde pueden desayunar a la carta y degustar además de las tostadas, los dulces de nuestra repostería. Las consumisiones se abonan en la propia cafetería ya que no van incluidas en la limosna.

Para grupos tenemos a su disposicón un salón de conferencias con capacidad como para 20 personas. Estos grupos si lo desean tienen posibilidad de servicio de comida (almuerzo), confeccionando un menú para la ocasión.

En la planta baja, en el salón de estar tiene servicio de Wifi a disposición de los hermanos alojados en el Monasterio.

Si está interesado en reservar en la Casa de Oración tiene que hacerlo mediante este correo nuevamente y nosotras le confirmaremos definitivamente. Para ello nos deberá facilitar nombre completo de la persona que reserva y un teléfono movil de contacto. Actualmente, aún queda disponibilidad de habitaciones, para las fechas que usted nos indica, quedando a la espera de se confirmación.

Muchas Gracias y que el Señor les bendiga y guarde en compañía de sus seres queridos.

HH. Clarisas Capuchinas de Sevilla

A Google Translated English version:

Dear Annie
Peace and Good

The Monastery is a cloistered convent of Capuchin Poor Clare Nuns built in the early eighteenth century. Throughout history the sisters have stood for austerity as a way of life. You will understand the building, built over 5000 meters, continuously accurate restoration work being scarce economic resources which the Community has to deal with them, aid lacking both the City Council and the Administration. Therefore, we chose to put part of the building, isolated from the closing, as accommodations to help us raise funds.

The House of Prayer and Retreat consists of 15 double rooms, 4 single and 3 triple where they can stay. These rooms have a private bathroom, are both dressed as towels sheets, have air conditioning (hot and cold) and will make daily cleaning. Among the areas with a large living room with TV and a beautiful cloistered courtyard. Here almsgiving per person per night is 25 €, ie the double room goes for 50 € per night excluding breakfast. In the seasons of Easter and Feria almsgiving is 60 € per person and night, ie the double would be € 120.

The reception for the key handover is 9 to 13 pm and from 16 to 20.30 h. Currently, at 19.00 Mass celebrated so between 19.00 and 20.00 h will have to wait to be served and can do within our church, adjacent to convento.Siempre have the ability, if you can not get in that schedule, to send someone you trust to collect the keys and later than 20.30 h not attend. Once you receive the keys no longer have time limit and can come and go when they want.
We recently remodeled new zones, creating several apartments. Several of them have a living room, kitchen, bathroom and double bedroom and one kitchen, bathroom, bedroom and a terrace overlooking the roofs of the church also for two people .. The alms of this place is 100 € per night. At Easter and Feria almsgiving is 200 €. There are apartments that have the capacity to put extra beds.

As for parking, the Monastery has some parking spaces. Almsgiving Bed is 15 € per day. This will request one and we will confirmaríamos if possible as they are very few places. If there were square, near the convent there is one public parking 2 minutes walk.

Recently opened a modest cafe where you can eat breakfast a la carte and tasting plus toast, sweets from our bakery. The consumisiones is credited as own cafeteria are not included in the handout.

For groups have their disposicón a conference room with capacity to 20 people. These groups have a chance if they want food service (lunch), putting together a menu for the occasion.

Downstairs, the living room has wireless service available to the brothers staying at the monastery.

If you are interested in staying at the House of Prayer has to do with this email and we will confirm again definitely. To do this we must provide full name of the person booking and contact mobile phone. Currently, there is still room availability for the dates you provided, leaving it pending confirmation.

Thank you and may the Lord bless you and keep in the company of their loved ones.

HH. Poor Clares of Seville

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
@Anniesantiago

Do you have contact info (address and email address) of this monestary? Is this the same place as the convent noted in the Walking and Accommodation guide posted on this site for VLDP or a different place?

@Anniesantiago when I enquired last year they said there was no pilgrim rate as their rates were already so reasonable.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

After a smooth and uneventful flight from Chicago to Madrid on Iberia, the last three days we have been doing some sightseeing in Salamanca and Zamora, and our days have been sunny, a little cool...
After 13 days of walking I've finished my 337km walk on the Camino Sanabres, and my entire 1400km walk from Almería. Yay! If anyone's interested in a day-by-day report, you can find it on my...
One route looks a bit steeper, one a bit longer (not much). How else are they different? Recommendations?
I left them on the trail about 4-5 k before Cea I expect to be in Santiago on April 27-28. Mu email is written on the sides of the poles (for just this eventuality). If you find them and we can...
Hello, Has anyone travelled by train or bus from Santiago to Zamora on to Granja de Moreruela, I've checked online and it seems there is a train from Santiago to Zamora. I will be flying from the...
Gronze has a note for the albergue in Valdesalor saying the key needs to be picked up from the town hall or the bar. Am I correct in assuming that this only applies if you are the first to arrive...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.