• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Mozarabe from Malaga

David Hobson

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Portuguese, Norte
Hi, Im starting the Mozarabe from Malaga on Tuesday the 17th of August. I know its going to be hot, This Camino for me has been postponed twice already. Originally April 2020, then April 2021, now starting soon. I am splitting the Camino into two stages. Malaga to Salamanca, then finally to Santiago in April 2022.
I will try to post a blog on my trip to decribe the journey and how to cope with the heat, distances and accommodations. Change "cope" to "enjoy".

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hope it goes well. If you want to miss out the urban sprawl, take a bus to La Junta de Los Caminos, then it's 16k to Almogia and the albergue.

Hope it goes well. If you want to miss out the urban sprawl, take a bus to La Junta de Los Caminos, then it's 16k to Almogia and the albergue.
Absolutely right! The first three weeks can be extremely hot, and keep an eye for flash floods, otherwise am extraordinary Camino!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Absolutely right! The first three weeks can be extremely hot, and keep an eye for flash floods, otherwise am extraordinary Camino!
Amancio! Our book has been published on Amazon and the photograph which you kindly allowed us to use is on page 101! (Walking the Caminos).

Hi, Im starting the Mozarabe from Malaga on Tuesday the 17th of August. I know its going to be hot, This Camino for me has been postponed twice already. Originally April 2020, then April 2021, now starting soon. I am splitting the Camino into two stages. Malaga to Salamanca, then finally to Santiago in April 2022.
I will try to post a blog on my trip to decribe the journey and how to cope with the heat, distances and accommodations. Change "cope" to "enjoy".
There is a forum member called Magwood who I think did this same route. Her blogs are excellent and if you can find hers, I’m sure you will find helpful info there.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Amancio! Our book has been published on Amazon and the photograph which you kindly allowed us to use is on page 101! (Walking the Caminos).
Hombre, great news! Where is it for sale?

We were planning on walking March 2020 when we had to cancel our walk. Would love to hear your comments, especially the beginning part of your journey from Malaga. I check up regularly to see if the hostels are open and I don’t seem to see much activity in Almogia. Buen camino.

I will be following your posts very closely as I’m starting from Malaga on the 28th August! I hope to make it all the way to Santiago in just under 50 days if all goes well. Not many albergues open btw but I’m sure you know that. All the very best and keep well hydrated.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I will be following your posts very closely as I’m starting from Malaga on the 28th August! I hope to make it all the way to Santiago in just under 50 days if all goes well. Not many albergues open btw but I’m sure you know that. All the very best and keep well hydrated.
I will try to post useful information for a fellow Peregrino! Im taking a sleeping b
I will try to post information useful to a fellow Peregrino! I am taking a lightweight sleeping bag and bivvy bag and I always take a 3 litre camelback.
Buen Camino

We were planning on walking March 2020 when we had to cancel our walk. Would love to hear your comments, especially the beginning part of your journey from Malaga. I check up regularly to see if the hostels are open and I don’t seem to see much activity in Almogia. Buen camino.
Will try and post and report on current situation, Im taking a bivvy and sleeping bag just in case!
Buen Camino

€149,-
You may already be familiar with this free guide to the Mozarabe but I'll post a link for other interested pilgrims.

We stayed in Malaga last January as regular tourists but walked a few km of the Camino from the centre. I would certainly catch a bus out of the urban sprawl as recommended above.

Buen camino!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I made it in 38 days in 2008. I started in April and so did not have to endure the extreme heat that you will probably experience. Good luck!!

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back