• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Music for my Camino slideshow?

JillGat

la tierra encantada
Time of past OR future Camino
I'm looking for background music for my Camino slideshow. Guitar music would be nice - looking at William Ackerman - but I don't want it to be all melancholy or all overbearing flamenco. Of course something Spanish would be nice, but not necessary. What have others used effectively?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I have started to purchase cd's from street artists and local bands, and ask permission to use it with my youtube videos. Permission has always been granted.

But I also use copyrighted material. I have had almost no problems doing this. My video from last year's camino was taken down, but not until after it had reached over 2,ooo views, and then, after a while, it suddenly reappeared again which was very strange.

Although strictly breaking some restrictions by using copyrighted material, if you don't monetise your video, in my experience, there is not a great problem, even on youtube. 0f course, I always credit the musicians at the end of the film.

Although strictly breaking some restrictions by using copyrighted material, if you don't monetise your video, in my experience, there is not a great problem, even on youtube.
Here are a few sentences from a webpage about U.S. copyright law:

A commercially motivated infringer can receive up to a five-year federal prison term and $250,000 in fines; a noncommercial willful infringer is subject to up to a one-year prison term and $100,000 in fines. The prison term maximum for repeat infringers is up to 10 years for commercially motivated ones and up to six years for noncommercial infringers. Copyright infringers may be sued both civilly and prosecuted criminally for the same infringing act. In cases where the alleged infringer has few assets that a copyright owner might recover in a civil suit, the owner may seek to have the government prosecute the infringer as a criminal.

See https://www.unc.edu/~unclng/copy-corner66.htm

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I guessed my response would elicit a reply along those lines. I guess we choose what laws to strictly adhere to. I am generally a very law abiding person and am working towards obtaining a collection of music which I have permission to use with my videos. Maybe for next year's video I will be able to 'toe the line'.

There are acceptable uses of copyrighted songs. Usually, noncommercial uses for education or religion are fine. When I give a Camino talk it is educational. I don't make any money directly or indirectly from such talks.

I guessed my response would elicit a reply along those lines. I guess we choose what laws to strictly adhere to. I am generally a very law abiding person and am working towards obtaining a collection of music which I have permission to use with my videos. Maybe for next year's video I will be able to 'toe the line'.
If only out of respect for the original artist who is attempting to make a living doing what they love. Tread very carefully when it comes to copyrights.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
When I have had a visit abroad, I have usually made a DVD with background music and commentary.
In 2011 I did a coach trip from Madrid to Leon, Candas ,Picos de Europa, and SDC.
In SDC I asked the hotel staff ,who was their favourite classical guitarist and they came up with 2 names. Manuel Budino ( with an accent over the "N" as Ni. ).
The second name was Daniel Barrera.
I bought both CD s in El Corte Ingles in Santiago and both are suitable for your task.

... I bought both CD s in El Corte Ingles in Santiago and both are suitable for your task.

No, sorry, they are not. Buying a CD doesn't transfer the right to use the music in videos etc. it just gives you, personally, the right to listen to it. Buen Camino, SY

If only out of respect for the original artist who is attempting to make a living doing what they love. Tread very carefully when it comes to copyrights.

As somebody that makes part of her living with that (visuals and words, but not music and sounds) I couldn't agree more!!! SY

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
When I have had a visit abroad, I have usually made a DVD with background music and commentary.
In 2011 I did a coach trip from Madrid to Leon, Candas ,Picos de Europa, and SDC.
In SDC I asked the hotel staff ,who was their favourite classical guitarist and they came up with 2 names. Manuel Budino ( with an accent over the "N" as Ni. ).
I bought both CD s in El Corte Ingles in Santiago and both are suitable for your task.
There is ample music and a myriad of choices in the public domain ....

Thanks for those names. Of course copyrighted music/art should not be for commercial use, but I hardly think amateur private slideshows, with attribution to the artists, applies. If anything, it builds a following for those artists. I also picked up some CDs in Spain, but nothing that wouldn't overpower a slideshow!

I was given permission by Austin Durack to use his music for my video. He has walked the Camino and composed music along the way. He may be happy to give you permission also.
http://austindurack.com/

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I agree with the comments made, but I did not show my DVD in public or promote it or produce more than one copy.
Sorry if this offended anyone.

Most read last week in this forum

Last year on my camino I was a bit annoyed when someone back home told me to enjoy my vacation. I bristled. Why did that word annoy me so much? I was on a pilgrimage! Anyway, I'm about to embark...
Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.