• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

My four Penny Mile Caminos

carol ann

Time of past OR future Camino
walked frances 2011 = 220miles
walked frances 2012 = 500miles
walked norte 2013 = 200 miles
walked Portuguese 2013 = 200miles
this year may plan to walk section of frances again
Hi I'm carol ann from Ireland.
I have walked four caminos in two years
Oct 2011 Leon to Santiago
June 1st-24th 2012 st jean to Santiago
May 2013 Santander to Santiago
October 2013 Porto to Santiago
I'm hoping to walk st jean for ten days in May
My main reason was to overcome the grief of losing my dad so I walked the 500 miles as a tribute to him reaching Santiago on the first anniversary of his death.
I went on to write and publish a book about this emotional heartbreaking & physically challenging pilgrimage ..... I'm thrilled to say its on sale in 34 shops throughout Ireland and in 2 shops in london
To share my experience I've attached the u tube used at my book launch
A Short Stretch of the Legs My Penny Mile Camino

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 9
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
My main reason was to overcome the grief of losing my dad so I walked the 500 miles as a tribute to him reaching Santiago on the first anniversary of his death.
I went on to write and publish a book about this emotional heartbreaking & physically challenging pilgrimage ..... I'm thrilled to say its on sale in 34 shops throughout Ireland and in 2 shops in london
Hy Carol Ann , great video .Love to read the book. Do you have a international book number of the book. I'am from the Netherlands so i can order the book. Peter.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
My main reason was to overcome the grief of losing my dad so I walked the 500 miBurn Camino God Bless.as a tribute to him reaching Santiago on the first anniversary of his death.
Hi Carol,have just finished reading your book,and have sent e mail to you via your publisher to thank you for yourvery moving tribute to your dad.Perhaps being a fellow countryman ,now living elsewhere,means I found I had tears in my eyes at times.I too hope to go back to the Camino this year to redo at least 2 sections,depending on time available.Hope our paths cross.Buen

Precioso, Carol.
Muchas gracias por los Recuerdos.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Loved the video and felt your pain

carol ann,
Lovely photographs wherein the viewer can feel the happiness and love in you doing what you want to do.
Beautiful choice of music that serves your purpose so well.
I was most taken by the image of the Penny within the Scallop Shell,,,,so poignant.
I am priveliged you chose to share with us.
Buen Camino

Hi Carol,have just finished reading your book,and have sent e mail to you via your publisher to thank you for yourvery moving tribute to your dad.Perhaps being a fellow countryman ,now living elsewhere,means I found I had tears in my eyes at times.I too hope to go back to the Camino this year to redo at least 2 sections,depending on time available.Hope our paths cross.Buen

My publisher forwarded your e mail to myself today... Thank you for your very lovely thoughts and kind words about my book. As you said it is my tribute to my wonderful dad & every step I took & every word I wrote was in his memory
Thanks again
Buen camino :)

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
carol ann,
Lovely photographs wherein the viewer can feel the happiness and love in you doing what you want to do.
Beautiful choice of music that serves your purpose so well.
I was most taken by the image of the Penny within the Scallop Shell,,,,so poignant.
I am priveliged you chose to share with us.
Buen Camino

Thank you for taking the time to comment & for your lovely words. Each penny I left '500' were left every mile for those who died from cancer. The Penny at Santiago was special ..... It was for my dad
Buen camino

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hy Carol Ann , great video .Love to read the book. Do you have a international book number of the book. I'am from the Netherlands so i can order the book. Peter.
Hi peter
I'm thrilled you wish to read my story
It is on amazon but unsure of countries covered but if you wish to private e mail I could arrange to send book to yourself .... Though not sure of p&p costs
The book costs ÂŁ10 in shops & amazon
I would love to arrange this

Looking forward to reading it carol ann. I just downloaded it kindle on iCloud from Amazon (USA).
Lovely video. Pat

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi peter
It is on amazon but unsure of countries covered but if you wish to private e mail I could arrange to send book to yourself .... Though not sure of p&p costs
Hy Carol Ann , thank you for the offer . I will look at amazon first. Thanks again , Peter.

Hi peter
Hi , Carol Ann , I found the book on amazon UK . Peter.

Loved the video and felt your pain
Looking forward to reading it carol ann. I just downloaded it kindle on iCloud from Amazon (USA).
Lovely video. Pat
hi pat
I really hope you enjoy my story my camino. Would appreciate your thoughts when you read to Muxia ... The end of My Way! :)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
hi pat
I really hope you enjoy my story my camino. Would appreciate your thoughts when you read to Muxia ... The end of My Way! :)
Will do! I'm 56% through and enjoying it very much!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Great video. I was able to buy it from Amazon. I look forward to reading it. I just started using Kindles this past year because of wanting to read more about the Camino and a great format people are using.

Will do! I'm 56% through and enjoying it very much!
I'm thrilled to hear that pat....you are almost at the finish line... But my hard part was in the last 1/3
Emotionally mentally physically
Walking to his anniversary..... The cobbles under my feet were both the highest & lowest point of my camino x

Last edited:
Great video. I was able to buy it from Amazon. I look forward to reading it. I just started using Kindles this past year because of wanting to read more about the Camino and a great format people are using.
Thanks
I set these things up ad hoc & pray they work lol!
Will be good to know to mention on American radio interview at end of month
I hope you enjoy your read :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back