• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Embarking on the Camino Frances: My 500-Mile Adventure in Spring 2022

jbreuner

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances, April 28, 2022 to ???
Greetings, Everyone. I am new to the forum and hope to embark on my first Camino (Frances) - all 500 miles of it - around end of April, first of May. I'm retired, so it won't be a rush. Maybe averaging 15 miles per day. Very excited about this adventure! Buen Camino!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
My wife and I walked our first camino the year after I retired. Having no prior experience, we found John Brierley's guidebook to be very helpful regarding the towns we'd hike through, the topography, possible places to stay, and suggested stages. He suggested 35 days SJPDP to Santiago including 2 rest days. We allowed 35 days, including one rest day. We've now have hiked CF four times, including Sept-Oct 2021. We allowed 35 days, no rest days and on average we hiked 12 to 15 miles per day. Bob

Greetings, Everyone. I am new to the forum and hope to embark on my first Camino (Frances) - all 500 miles of it - around end of April, first of May. I'm retired, so it won't be a rush. Maybe averaging 15 miles per day. Very excited about this adventure! Buen Camino!
Hi there. Hope to meet you along the way, so maybe a name and photo on your profile will identify you.

You might want to take a look at this thread as well as some people starting at that time have posted. https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...-camino-frances-may-1-2022.71213/#post-980100

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi
I don't know if this will help but I usually set off between 6 and 7 am walked for about 2 hours then take an hour for breakfast. Another 2 hours walking and then an hour for lunch. At this stage consult Brierley or whatever guidebook you choose and choose an alberque between 4 to a maximum 8 kilometre away with a backup choice. This lets you cover 20 - 25 kilometres a day in a comfortable relaxed way. I did my first Camino in 33 days with no rest days and have used it ever since.
Buen Camino
Vince

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back