• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Need help

hiker2019

Time of past OR future Camino
September 2019 - October 2019
I am traveling from Scandinavia to Biarritz to begin my Camino around mid September. I will need to send my suitcase on to compostela, any suggestions on how to do this? Also I was thinking of going to Finistera are their places to stay along the way in October? 3-4 days enough for this journey? How do I get back to Santiago? Thanks

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
places to stay along the way in October - Yes, 90% are open year round, the 10% with a short season are open March - October per Wise Pilgrim guide book. I don't know if that means they close Oct 1 or Oct 31 but I would guess it means Oct 31.

How do I get back to Santiago? - Bus. See website "Rome2rio" for bus schedules

3-4 days enough for this journey? - Yes but of course this all depends on your walking speed, km per/day you want to do, places along the way you want to spend some time (hours or overnight).

send my suitcase on to compostela - I don't have any experience with this but I have read many threads here that confirm this can be done. I did use Express Bourricot to shuttle me from the airport in Biarritz to San Jean Pied de Port (approx 20 to 80 Euro depending on how many passengers they get in the van). They also offer a suitcase transfer (20 kg) from San Jean PdP to Santiago de Compostela for 70 euros. The post office might be cheaper and Ivar, the guy who runs this website lives in Santiago and he will store your suitcase for a reasonable price if you send it by postal service. The post office in Santiago will also store your suitcase if you send it there. If you do a search on this you will find lots of information and details about shipping you suitcase to Santiago.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I've used the Express Bourricot service twice, and it's simply the easiest way to send your suitcase to Santiago.

Is this the organisation located in St Jean (?); if so then I used them back in 2017. It was a bit more expensive than using the Spanish postal service, but does have the advantage of getting it across the border. They also have an arrangement with the Albergue in Santiago that they send your bag too - you get a E5-10 discount of your first nights accommodation. Cheers

They also have an arrangement with the Albergue in Santiago that they send your bag too - you get a E5-10 discount of your first nights accommodation. Cheers
It's a 20% discount. I got a private single room in the hotel portion for only 25 euros.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I've used the Express Bourricot service twice, and it's simply the easiest way to send your suitcase to Santiago.
Totally agree - the staff are friendly and efficient and very flexible. And your case is stored safely in Santiago de Compostella until you arrive, in a Hostal (Hostal Lasalle) which gives a discounted accommodation rate to Express Bourricot clients. I thought €70 was very reasonable for all that.

It's a 20% discount. I got a private single room in the hotel portion for only 25 euros.
Thanks - I could not remember if it was Euro amount or or a percentage. Yes the E70 does sound correct and they will pick up from your St Jean accommodation.

Most read last week in this forum

Good morning! My name is Samantha, and I am planning my first camino for May 2025. I am a bit overwhelmed trying to make a list of everything I need to have planned prior to starting. Does anyone...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
Hi I'm Keith 60 years young from Newcastle upon Tyne UK.arriving on the 1635 Edinburgh ryanair flight on 9th September 2024 anyone like to share my express bourricot
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back