katief

May 6, 2014
Ireland
Time of past OR future Camino
April/May (2015) Sept (2015)
Hello All...........I am planning to walk from St. Jean mid April 2015 for approx 3 weeks......Anyone starting about then I would be glad to hear from you.......I am from Ireland.......I will be heading back in Sept 2015 to complete the trip.well that is the plan at the moment...Hoping to make Leon or Burgos in that time....is it easy to travel back to Biarritz from Leon....
Thanks for any advice....

A selection of Camino Jewellery
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Al the optimist

Veteran Member
Jul 20, 2012
Wolverhampton, England
Katie, there are 150 sleeps to mid-April. The closer you get to that date the more impatient you will become. You will end up like the rest of us - wishing our lives away until the next Camino! :( If you think I am being silly counting the days for you then thank your lucky stars that you have not yet been severely infected. Be aware however that Caminoitis is like Malaria, it never leaves you. Enjoy your planning, ask whatever questions you like and someone will have an answer. Never forget rule one though - weight is king! Do I really need that? Do I really want that many clothes?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

katief

May 6, 2014
Ireland
Thank you for the welcome.......It is a comfort to have so many experienced people to ask questions about the Camino.......Thank you Allan.....I still have to get my backpack sorted, but believe you me I am keeping it light....I am a daily walker, but have never attempted anything like this before........not a Spring Chicken anymore either, but am determined that this is going to happen.........one question...is it necessary to bring a sleeping mat, have a Thermarest, am bit concerned about not getting bed for night, but will be perfectly happy on floor somewhere..my plan is Get there.....Walk, Stop to enjoy the scenery, Walk some more and hope that I will have a place to sleep at end of day........150 sleeps, when it is put like that it doesn't seem so far away........this has been in the pipeline for a very long time........

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

Arn

Veteran Member
Dec 3, 2007
Virginia, USA
Katief, welcome to the Forum and the Class of 2015.
You are at the front of a wave that will only grow as the year progresses.
Stay in contact with Forum members, ask questions and, in the final stages...listen to the Camino. Better a good plan now, than the perfect plan never.
Buen Camino,
Arn
PS I will be starting on April 6th.
A

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

katief

May 6, 2014
Ireland
Thank you for advice.......was thinking of bringing the liner or very light sleeping bag........thats good.....glad to hear accomadation will be ok in April.might be different in September on last lap, but not to worry.I have the layers, dont like sleeping cold:) back to the planning.........

katief

May 6, 2014
Ireland
Katief, welcome to the Forum and the Class of 2015.
You are at the front of a wave that will only grow as the year progresses.
Stay in contact with Forum members, ask questions and, in the final stages...listen to the Camino. Better a good plan now, than the perfect plan never.
Buen Camino,
Arn
PS I will be starting on April 6th.
A

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

MickMac

Veteran Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ireland
Frances 2013
Frances 2016
Frances 2017
Frances 2018
Frances 2018
Ponferrada-Santiago
July 2019
Thank you........will probably start about 18th so you will be well ahead........Enjoy and Buen Camino.

I caught the bus from Burgos to Bayonne which is an international bus service (80 Euro one way) it was a nightmare ! bus did not arrive in Burgos till 23.30 just as the station was closing.

The bus left me at 3.30 in the morning at Bayonne Gare. This has an easy connection to Biarittz airport for 1 euro. I think Wayfarer suggestion to go to San Sebastion is a good one, depending on cost, as there is a bus connection to Biarritz one bus a day.

Check out postings by whariwharangi he has all the details on transport you will ever need, try to relax (As i did not) and allow plenty of time to get to Biarittz as it can prove problematic.

Buen Camino

Reactions: katief
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Apologies if this topic has been covered before. I’m interested in the earliest/recommended date someone can reserve the following services: 1) flights 2) inter-city buses 3) train (e.g...
I have a bad knee and have to be very careful about walking both up and down hills, mostly down, would the Central route be much different than the Litoral route? Where is the last place to change...
Hello all fellow pilgrims! To celebrate my 70th birthday I'll be following the Frances path from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela. Really excited abut the journey for me starting...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
Hi Camino Family, I am travelling from Australia to start the Le Puy Camino May 27th 2024. If there is anyone else planning on walking around this time, it would be great to connect. I speak...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.