• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

New on Camino / starting 11 Nov 2007

Thorenburg

Hello,

my name is Zoltan, i'm from Romania, and i'm planning the details of my first Camino.
Presently working for a big corporation, i lost the "compass" in my life, and searching for a balance.

My plan is to do the portion : Sarria-Santiago, (11Nov-15Nov)
If somebody knows :
- i arrive in Sarria on 10 Nov, evening. The question is : can i sleep in the refuge that night, having that i didn't walk that day on the camino, but is the starting point, next morning?
- i don't have the pilgrim pass, and i need(?) to get it somewhere. Is it possible to get it at the refuge in Sarria? Do i need this document, in order to use the refuges?

thanks in advance,
Zoltan

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi Zoltan,

You can certainly sleep in the Sarria refugio on the night you arrive, and should be able to buy a pilgrim pass (credencial) there as well for 1 or 2 euros. The refugioe is in the Rua Mayor, and apart from the municipal refugio, there are several private refugios in this street. You will need the pass to stay in refugios along the way.

Trudy

Hi Zoltan,
Welcome to the Forum. I will be on the Camino at the same time as yourself but I will be behind you and stationary; I will be working at a refugio in Rabanal.
I think I understand a little of what you say regarding losing your 'compass' in life. May I refer to 2 pilgrims I met in 2005. Paolo from Brazil had worked, I think,in high finance (stocks and shares?) and left his job to re-assess where he was, there was the possibility of returning to his job but he was taking a year out and part of this was to go on pilgrimage.
Lulu, from Mexico city, had two businesses there. One day, in her car at the traffic lights, a child had a hand out, begging for money. Lulu suddenly realized that for the previous two years she had seen but not noticed these children. 24 hours later she had sold both businesses and was making arrangements to check on her life, the first stage was the Pilgrimage to Santiago.
So you are not alone in your reasons for going on pilgrimage. But be prepared to find that after your pilgrimage from Sarria you may well be drawn back to the Camino over a longer distance.
There is also a small connection between us. In 2005 my pilgrimage took me through 5 European countries and I used that fact as a symbol of uniting Europe and raising some money for the children of Romania, in the orphanages, who, for me, were the victims of European disunity.
I hope all goes well on your Pilgrimage and that you are able to sort your 'compass' out; the fact that you are aware is an important step.
Buen Camino,
Brendan

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back