• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Starting from SJPP on April 11

cclandau

Time of past OR future Camino
April 9-French Way
I will be starting on April 11 from SJPP. A friend will join me and we will spend the night in Orisson April 12 (it’s opening that day). I look forward to meeting many of you. Thank you for organizing this forum. Caroline

Last edited by a moderator:
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
There will be 4 of us spending the night in SJPP on April 23. Two people will start in St. Jean and two in Orisson meeting up in Roncesvalles. Limited by time and ability but hopefully we will all enjoy the Pyrenees as we begin Camino Francis together. Has anybody else started the Camino in Orisson?

My friend and I will be in Orisson on the 12th as well. See you there....

Buen Camino

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
There will be 4 of us spending the night in SJPP on April 23. Two people will start in St. Jean and two in Orisson meeting up in Roncesvalles. Limited by time and ability but hopefully we will all enjoy the Pyrenees as we begin Camino Francis together. Has anybody else started the Camino in Orisson?
Lots of people take the "Mountain Shuttle" operated by Express Bouricott to shorten that first day. While its only 8 km from SJPP to Orisson, it's the longest 8 km I have ever walked. Be aware that even in late April, the weather can foil your plans, and you may need to go via Valcarlos instead. Not to worry, you can make that decision the day you get there.

Buen Camino

I have added you to the calendar for April 11th.
Did you know that you can edit your own post?
At the bottom of the post there are three dots. Click or tap on them and you will have the option to edit or delete your post.

Screenshot_20220309-053935_Firefox.jpg

You can also change the title, to something like "Starting April 11th"

Or I can make the changes for you if you like.

Lots of people take the "Mountain Shuttle" operated by Express Bouricott to shorten that first day. While its only 8 km from SJPP to Orisson, it's the longest 8 km I have ever walked. Be aware that even in late April, the weather can foil your plans, and you may need to go via Valcarlos instead. Not to worry, you can make that decision the day you get there.

Buen Camino
Thank you Rick! This is the first time I've heard of the "Mountain Shuttle" and will be watching the weather carefully. I wonder if April 22 will be like starting the Camino in Sarria ! Looks like people are ready to get back to walking the Camino!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, Planning Sarria to Campostela mid Sept, 2024. Both wife and I are 71 years old and from America. Will fly from Paris to Campostela. We are pretty active and estimate 10-13 miles per day OK...
Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Apologies if this topic has been covered before. I’m interested in the earliest/recommended date someone can reserve the following services: 1) flights 2) inter-city buses 3) train (e.g...
I have been planning my upcoming Camino using the Wise Pilgrim Frances app. Unfortunately, it has stalled at Burgos and will not give me any information beyond that city. I have tried...
I have a bad knee and have to be very careful about walking both up and down hills, mostly down, would the Central route be much different than the Litoral route? Where is the last place to change...
If you are planning to start a Camino in October 2024, you are invited to add a post to this thread – scroll down to the last post, and create a new post giving your expected start date, start...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.