• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

New pilgrim passport

BeatriceKarjalainen

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Finished: See post signature.
Doing: C. Levante
Hi my credentials from SJdPP is almost full. Will not be able to fit stamps for StC-Finisterre-Muxía-StC in there. Is there a place herr in StC to buy a new one?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hi my credentials from SJdPP is almost full. Will not be able to fit stamps for StC-Finisterre-Muxía-StC in there. Is there a place herr in StC to buy a new one?

Hola if you go to the Tourist Office at number 62 Rua do vilar in the same street as the tourist office they will give you a credencial for this route. Otherwise you can buy one at the first albergue in Negreira.

Buen camino

John

Likewise my credential was full when I reached Santiago after walking the Frances, so I got another credential from the Pilgrims Office for my Portuguese Camino at the same time as getting my compostela for the Frances. As John says you can also get one from the tourist office who also have lots of info on the Camino Finisterre.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Yesterday I was sent around. I got my Compostela. I went to the tourist office and got some info about the Camino finesterre but forgot to ask about credential. Went back to the pilgrim's office and asked a woman downstairs if I could buy a new credential here as mine was full and I was going to Finisterre. She said yes. Go upstairs.

Stood in line again and when it was my turn they said no. That is another organisation and we don't have their credentials. I was sent back to the Galician tourist office where I got one for free. A ugly one with advertise for an albergue on front page. All squares for stamps are really small and this far all stamps have covered 2 squares. I can't really understand what to fill in on the first page either more than a check in the on foot checkbox. Should it be filled in in advance or after I have finished? Someone with better Spanish than me might be able to help.

Attachments

• 1378410708690.jpg
    1378410708690.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 39
Question...
If one knows they are going to Finisterre can you not ask for the passport for this at the beginning or get an extra one ahead of time so as to not have to deal with the runaround?

Well if I had checked my first passport before going to the tourist office I would have seen that I didn't have any space left. Then I could have asked for one the first time I was there. I think they should ask people who comes in for a map/albergue list if they need a passport as well.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The image is too small to read easily Beatrice so I am making a guess here.
I think it might want your name and your Passport (ID) number, like our CSJ credenciales and the Cathedral ones do. It often means that you will not also be asked for your Passport as well as your Pilgrim Passport when you stop for the night, they will take your details from the pilgrim one.

The image is too small to read easily Beatrice so I am making a guess here.
I think it might want your name and your Passport (ID) number, like our CSJ credenciales and the Cathedral ones do. It often means that you will not also be asked for your Passport as well as your Pilgrim Passport when you stop for the night, they will take your details from the pilgrim one.
Doesn't it get bigger if you click on it?

It says:
Fecha:
A favour de:
Direction:
Comienza La peregrinación en:... a Fisterra:
A pie

Date
Name
Address
Started pilgrimage in....to Finisterre
On foot

No- it didn't get bigger, but that might have been my computer settings :oops:

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
And I have found the glitch in my computer settings so can now see the full size photo. :)

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all, At this stage looks like we are going to finish in SdC on Friday, our flight home is only Monday night. The weather forecast doesnt look to be promising - showers over the whole weekend...
Hi all We are walking the reverse Camino from Muxia to Santiago via Fisterra. Any tips or information to help us on our way?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back