Search 69,459 Camino Questions

New to Camino

Jimdeb72

Aug 31, 2015
Time of past OR future Camino
Sept.26, 2015 Burgos to Santiago
Apr./May '17 SJPDP to Burgos?
My wife, a friend, and myself hope to start our first attemp at the Camino on Sept 26. We are starting in Burgos,but are having difficulty getting to Burgos from Madrid via rail. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jim

Reactions: Peter Fransiscus
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

CaptBuddy

Mar 21, 2012
Tampa, Fl
www.saltwater-fly-fishing.com
Fall 2012, again Fall 2014.
Try Madrid to Venta de Baños (Palencia) to Burgos.

Note: if you're looking on renfe.com, it will not show trains that are more than 60 or 90 days out. Use a date next week and enter Madrid* (all stations) to Burgos.
Good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: Peter Fransiscus
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Peter Fransiscus

Be a Rainbow in someone else's cloud.
Jul 5, 2014
Netherlands
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
My wife, a friend, and myself hope to start our first attemp at the Camino on Sept 26. We are starting in Burgos,but are having difficulty getting to Burgos from Madrid via rail. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jim
Hi Jim, when you begin your journey in Burgos you have to visit the Cathedral. I found it time well spend.
Wish you all well and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Tincatinker

Veteran Member
Jan 9, 2012
West Sussex, England
I would have another go at the RENFE website, it is notoriously fickle. You need to type in the date of travel as using select from the calendar will only produce Na/Na/Na. Searching for Saturday 26 September (26/09/2015) shows 5 trains at very variable prices and journey times. You may find it cheaper and faster to use ALSA www.alsa.es. There are lots of buses from Barajas T4

Reactions: CaptBuddy
A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Good morning! My name is Samantha, and I am planning my first camino for May 2025. I am a bit overwhelmed trying to make a list of everything I need to have planned prior to starting. Does anyone...
Hi all, last year I done the camino portuguese with my two daughters last year but this year I'm doing the camino frances solo. I fly into Bizarrtz on 26th July and plan to start the following...
Hello! I will start my first Camino at the beginning of June 2024 and plan to start my month-long journey from Bilbao walking roughly 2 weeks on Camino Del Norte and then switching to Camino Del...
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...
As a new member of the forum who has been reading clandestinely for the past three months or so, I have to say how much I enjoy the entries--not simply for the collective wisdom from all of you...
Taking my youngest daughter on a short section from Astorga to Santiago starting June 9... Please pray for us!!

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.