• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

no clue

Yarma

Time of past OR future Camino
Plan to walk Aug-Sept (2013) completed in 26 days yayyyyyyyy
Looking for next Camino
Blank looks are all I get if I ask about Camino Madrid.

I landed in Madrid today, trying to find out if there are arrows or markers, where is the start? Everyone I have asked has not had a clue. Is this route really so new ????

Any way I will make way onto the route one way or another tomorrow. Let's go boots ⏳⏳

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
OK, this is a hurried translation from the above mentioned webpage. Hope it works.
Notes are mine (this webpage suppose foreigners know what Apeadero del Goloso is...)

The pilgrim should go to Plaza de Castilla (note : there is a subway station) and shortly thereafter, by way of hospitals “La Paz” and "Ramón y Cajal", where the yellow arrows start. Cross the Fuencarral neigborhood, and walk past the sport facilities of Santa Ana (at your left). The path goes towards the Colmenar autovía (highway); cross the overpass besides the gas station, move into the Montecarmelo neighborhood until the wall of Fuencarral cemetery. Next to it is the Divino Salvador church, with a pilgrim's shell (daily pilgrim Mass at 8 AM, blessing and stamp available). In a few yards turn left, going down, then cross the underpass of M-40 highway and railroad. From here, continue up the path, to the corner of the wall of Monte del Pardo (note: this is a very big closed forest). There are many detours; just follow the main path (if in doubt, head for the wall, which is visible from afar, and from there follow it towards the railroad, with the wall always at your left). From this point the road goes 2 kms between the wall and the highway, until the Apeadero (halt, train station) del Goloso. There is a small square with a closed entrance to the Monte del Pardo, where the Apeadero can be seen. The railroad is now at your left, and the autovía (highway) of Colmenar at your right. You can't be lost because you are between the railroad and the highway (which is closer) and share the road with the bike lane. You will arrive at Tres Cantos village, on the other side of the road and the highway. However, you can go to the village (especially if you plan to stop there) by an overpass, which is quite far from downtown.
If this is not your plan, follow the left side of the highway, and just beyond there is a point, by the Tres Cantos rail station, where you turn left onto a very wide path down the Tejeda creek; then take a cattle track, that will get you, after 8 km, to Colmenar....

From the webpage, in English: PAY ATTENTION: At the arrival at Colmenar (between the chapel of St. Ana and the church), someone has painted fake arrows to divert the path towards a private business. For not being lost, a good reference is the tower of the parish church because we have to pass in front of it.

Last edited:
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
OMG, yes no one knows. Even after I finished and arrived in Sahagun, all I got were polite smiles and no comments when I tried to explain the past 15 days walking the Camino de Madrid! By now you have figured out the start from Plaza Castilla in Madrid. It does take much research ahead of time, pouring over the blogs and forum threads. I'll be sure to follow along in case you have questions, I walked it September 2014, so reach out!

Hi, Yarma,
The CSJ (Confraternity of St. James) online guide is all you need. I don't know if you'll have access to a printer now, but I think it would be well worth it to print it out. The Camino is very well marked despite not being very well known. I really loved it, and I hope you do too. And as Philly says, there's a group of us here to help you out in a pinch. Buen camino, Laurie

Hi all my little helpers.
I managed to get to Tres Cantos. I think I did extra klms though. Grrrr
I just want to get away from these cities.
Seriously I wandered around like a headless pilgrim for awhile.
Someone beam me over to Camino frances please . As charlie brown would say " good grief"

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I did the camino Madrid last year with the CSJ guide like Laurie suggested. This guide was indeed all I needed. The first day to get out of Madrid was difficult for me too, after Tres Cantos the camino is really opening up, no cities any more. Can't remember I got lost anywhere. I loved every meter of the camino. Getting to Sahagun was a shock for me. The Frances felt like getting to the 'camino 'autobahn' after the peacefull camino Madrid.
Hope you will find your pace too and had a good day today already. Wish you alle the best! Buen camino(s)!

I hope you understand that you will be very alone on the C de M, I found it very challenging in this way, yet worth the challenge. I do hope the heck you have the CSJ guide!!!

If you find the Camino de Madrid too lonely head back to the CF. You will find it quite different to the last time anyway - different season, different pilgrims, make the effort to stay in different towns, in different albergues.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Here is the Confraternity's Guide as a PDF. Note that it is arranged so as to be printed as a booklet. This means you have to follow it by "scanning through" for the next page number. I am planning this next May so I look forward to your inputs. Good luck with the weather and Buen Camino. Perhaps you could go to thier site and give a donation on your return?

Attachments

• Madrid-Sahagun.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hey Yarma, how ya doing girlfriend??

Still wondering about yarma and her interesting journey! Hope it all went well! Buen Camino.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back