• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

October 2014 Camino

Chignecto

I am planning to walk the Camino Portuguese in October 2014. I did the Camino Frances in 2011. I have a couple of preliminary questions:. First of all what is the weather like in September and October on this Camino and secondly how does the terrain on this Camino compare to the Camino Frances? Is it more difficult?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
September/October are lovely months on the Portuguese, as the heat of summer subsides.
Never walked the French one, so can't compare: I don't really fancy the French one because of the [relative] crowds. The Portuguese is relatively quiet. Check the diaries on my web site, which can be downloaded in .doc format - I've walked from Lisbon to SdC via Porto. Lisbon to Porto can be very quiet. Porto to SdC is busier, especially the final 100 kms.
Whatever you decide ...... bom caminho!

Well, it really depends from the years you know. This year for example, we had a lot of rain in September and October. But since it's a mid-season time, the weather it's very good for walking. It's a little bit just like walking in Spring ;)

About the terrain, in comparison with the Frances, after talking with people who have done both of them, they say that the Portuguese it's not so hilly has that. The worst mountain section comes after Ponte de Lima, when you go up through 560m of a mountain. It's not a big ascent, the problem it's the way that you go up. Instead of a circular path, you go through out nature self-made steps with a big inclined ascent.

Best Regards
Diogo

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
..... in comparison with the Frances, after talking with people who have done both of them, they say that the Portuguese it's not so hilly has that. The worst mountain section comes after Ponte de Lima, when you go up through 560m of a mountain. It's not a big ascent, the problem it's the way that you go up. Instead of a circular path, you go through out nature self-made steps with a big inclined ascent.

Best Regards
Diogo
Oh, I remember that ascent, Diogo!
A camino friend coming up behind me saw me and asked "Are you all right, Stephen?"
"I think I'm dead!" I replied.
It was wonderful reaching the top, and topping up my water from the forester's cottage.

P1090253-001.JPG
...this was the descent going down from the top. My mind went back to some pilgrims I'd seen on bicycles - it would have been VERY difficult.
I took it easy the following day....
But it's a most beautiful camino!

@Stephen Nicholls usually bikers don’t take this tram, because they have to carry the bikes on their backs. So they go around the mountain. But I know that there are some who put the bike on their backs and that choose to do it that way.

Best Regards
Diogo

I just finished the Portuguese trail, Chignecto, if you want to have any questions. We walked mid-Oct to early Nov. From Lisboa to Porto, there were barely any other folks on the road but us three, though we did meet a few people heading TO Lisboa or Fatima. The first eight days are long with 30-34 km of walking on (mostly) asphalt but with some off-road. When it was sunny, the temps were not that high (22-23°C--almost perfect walking temps) but becasue of the angle of the sun, we sweltered. And with the sweltering came flies. The walk heading into Santarum was the most brutal--there is nothing and no where to take a break. Maria from the hostel in Santarum told us that she'll drive along the road/trail to keep a watch out for pilgrims and offer them help: water, food, a rest or a ride, if they need it. Some say no and end up at her hostel in less than a happy state. Some are stocked and get there OK. Be well stocked with water and food and take breaks where you want/can. IF it wasn't sunny, it was raining. And the rain came down--we weren't sure if we were going to see an ark nearby or not! :D We had a number of great days though, to walk.

As Diogo said, the biggest hill comes after Pont de Lima. It's not so bad, vertically, but because of the recent rain, the soil seems to have eroded off the path, leaving a lot of scree and rocks to manouver around. It was harder than it should have been.

I walked the French Camino last year. I think, in comparison, this one is far more challenging, if only because of the greater distances that have to be walked in order to get to a place to rest/stay and the road surfaces to walk on. Man, that's hard of the feet, legs and back!

We all agreed that the Camino Frances would be the best Camino to start with; this one might scare some people away because it is so intense, especially if someone is walking alone.
That being said, Portugal was gorgeous, the people extremely helpful and friendly, there is more likelihood that you'll find someone who speaks English or French, the accommodations are clean and reasonably priced (esp if you were with someone; not as cheap as the Camino Frances but the cost of food equaled that out), the food quite inexpensive and delicious (I could live on Portuguese vegetable soup!).

I would definitely walk the Portuguese trail again; it was a far different experience than the Frances was.

By the way, are you from Nova Scotia, with a tag name of 'Chignecto'?! :)

Bom Caminho!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I am planning to walk the Camino Portuguese in October 2014. I did the Camino Frances in 2011. I have a couple of preliminary questions:. First of all what is the weather like in September and October on this Camino and secondly how does the terrain on this Camino compare to the Camino Frances? Is it more difficult?
Hi Chignecto,
This is the first time I've replied on the site. So forgive me for any mistakes I will make. I just returned from the Camino Lusitana, and walked from Oporto to SdC use Brierly's book. I walked from September10th to the 24th and it was wonderful. I walked alone and according to the news at the time it was the hottest September in 40 yrs. I live in southern California and trained here so it wasn't that hot for me. The camino is relatively flat with one slight hill to go over, its on the forth or fifth day. I don't have my book with me but it's described in detail in Brierley's book. There are always a few hills each day but nothing that is too strenuous. It was absolutely a life changing walk. I wish you all the best. Pack as light as you can, care for your feet each evening, and enjoy each step. I know you will love Portugal, as your money will go a very long way. Upon entering Espana, everything goes up in price so stay in Valenca, then proceed into Espana the next day.
The albergues are very strict in Spain so be advised that you will notice the difference. In Portugal you can come and go as you please, but in Spain they lock the doors at their designated time. Let me know if I can answere anything else. I gotta go now, GOOD LUCK & ENJOY THE FLOW!!!!

There is only one problem in staying overnight in Valença: you will loose one hour on the day after, because the time schedule in Spain it's GMT +1. So if you cross the border at 09:00 AM you have to change your clock to 10:00 AM (Portugal is GMT +0).

Best Regards
Diogo

This is wat you can expect after a rainy day. This section it's the hardest one, starting in Ponte de Lima.

Best Regards
Diogo

Attachments

• 1454981_597966400251136_2116268735_n.jpg
    1454981_597966400251136_2116268735_n.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 26
  • 1468818_597966143584495_775745536_n.jpg
    1468818_597966143584495_775745536_n.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 25
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The water was even higher than that, Diogo! Diana (who met up with Sheila and I at Cee, and who walked with each of us on the Camino Frances last year) has a few photos where the trail after Ponte de Lima is up to a guy's chest! Oy oy oy! I'm sure it's drier now... I hope!

(She walked the section only about three days after us; there was water in the fields when we walked, but the trails were clear... Oh wait...there were the sections with knee deep water... How could I forget that--it was so funny! :D)

The water was even higher than that, Diogo! Diana (who met up with Sheila and I at Cee, and who walked with each of us on the Camino Frances last year) has a few photos where the trail after Ponte de Lima is up to a guy's chest! Oy oy oy! I'm sure it's drier now... I hope!

(She walked the section only about three days after us; there was water in the fields when we walked, but the trails were clear... Oh wait...there were the sections with knee deep water... How could I forget that--it was so funny! :D)

Yeah, I've seen some photos like those. There was once a photo that you could pass only by boat. And I'm being serious!

Tell us more about that knee deep water adventure :p

Best Regards
Diogo

P.S: With a lot of rain, the ascent of the Labruja it's very similar to a waterfall!

Sheila and Sebastian decided to walk along the side of the water and when the pathway ended, Sebastian joined me on the trail above (in the woods) and Sheila decided to walk through the water, Diogo. At some point Sebastian and I had to make our way underneath a grape vine (about 2 m wide!) only to find that the (side of the) field we were going to walk through was also waterlogged! No one escaped alive! (Or at least dry!) I've a photo of my feet...Sheila got out with only being wet. Sebastian and I got wet AND muddy! Not too much later, same thing: a lake instead of the trail. Sebastian and Sheila once again opted for the path along side it (jumping rocks too) while I walked on the trail above. We heard a tractor coming...a farmer using the trail was driving along it, pulling a wagon even wider than his tractor! S & S were squished against the wall of the pathway so he could get through. I urged them to jump into the wagon so they would get a ride, but for some reason, they chose not to! Hahaha! It was hilarious!

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
There is only one problem in staying overnight in Valença: you will loose one hour on the day after, because the time schedule in Spain it's GMT +1. So if you cross the border at 09:00 AM you have to change your clock to 10:00 AM (Portugal is GMT +0).

Best Regards
Diogo
We decided to stay one more night in Valenca rather than go sleeping in Tui in Spain.
We liked to enjoy all the good of your Portugal as long as possible Diogo:)
Stayed in hotel Brasil, just oposite the fortaleza.

Yeah, I've seen some photos like those. There was once a photo that you could pass only by boat. And I'm being serious!

Tell us more about that knee deep water adventure :p

Best Regards
Diogo

P.S: With a lot of rain, the ascent of the Labruja it's very similar to a waterfall!
I did not know the caminho Portuges is a triathlon ! :)
Did we miss something ?

Sheila and Sebastian decided to walk along the side of the water and when the pathway ended, Sebastian joined me on the trail above (in the woods) and Sheila decided to walk through the water, Diogo. At some point Sebastian and I had to make our way underneath a grape vine (about 2 m wide!) only to find that the (side of the) field we were going to walk through was also waterlogged! No one escaped alive! (Or at least dry!) I've a photo of my feet...Sheila got out with only being wet. Sebastian and I got wet AND muddy! Not too much later, same thing: a lake instead of the trail. Sebastian and Sheila once again opted for the path along side it (jumping rocks too) while I walked on the trail above. We heard a tractor coming...a farmer using the trail was driving along it, pulling a wagon even wider than his tractor! S & S were squished against the wall of the pathway so he could get through. I urged them to jump into the wagon so they would get a ride, but for some reason, they chose not to! Hahaha! It was hilarious!
Heather ! We all think it is a touristical trip. Principally the caminho is the way of suffering ,woe and misery and penance :) you'll meet all the plagues of Saint James. Heath, coldth, rain,sometimes snow , indunations, steep hills upwards, steep hills downwards, mosquitos, bedbugs ,snoring guys etc.etc :) The years before we made some exotic sea cruises with all the luxury but since our caminho experience, we prefer the last in spite of all the heavy challenges Saint James offered us ! :)

Last edited:
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

I can see that you forgot one item from the autum/winter pilgrim collection: the inflatable boat! :p

Best Regards
Diogo

We decided to stay one more night in Valenca rather than go sleeping in Tui in Spain.
We liked to enjoy all the good of your Portugal as long as possible Diogo:)
Stayed in hotel Brasil, just oposite the fortaleza.

Well yeah, but if you are going one a big day has the one that we have done, even if you do it without the mistakes that we commited, it's still less one hour :(

I did not know the caminho Portuges is a triathlon ! :)
Did we miss something ?

For the waterfall part I don't have photos, I only have descriptions. But hey, see the other photos that I posted here and you'll have an idea!

Best Regards
Diogo

amigo Diogo !

As you know we are pensionados with all the time of the world so an hour earlier or later does not matter.
We took a quiet day all away to Porriño , a distance - if you smoke-we do not !- of 2 cigarettes (by car ha ha)
We did some "windowshopping at the poligono industrial at Porriño at Citroêns and immediately decided to buy a new Suzuki S Cross after looking around there :) has been delivered yet the other day.

So at the end the timedifference did not effect us and we did not suffer any jetlag :). So we were happy to stay a last day no su paĂ­s formidavel !
Gostamos muito de Portugal amigo Diogo

Have a nice day e abracoes disso margem do rio Mosa na Holanda

Albertinho

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
amigo Diogo !

As you know we are pensionados with all the time of the world so an hour earlier or later does not matter.
We took a quiet day all away to Porriño , a distance - if you smoke-we do not !- of 2 cigarettes (by car ha ha)
We did some "windowshopping at the poligono industrial at Porriño at Citroêns and immediately decided to buy a new Suzuki S Cross after looking around there :) has been delivered yet the other day.

So at the end the timedifference did not effect us and we did not suffer any jetlag :). So we were happy to stay a last day no su paĂ­s formidavel !
Gostamos muito de Portugal amigo Diogo

Have a nice day e abracoes disso margem do rio Mosa na Holanda

Albertinho

Smoking!? Hell no!

The day after Valença was hell to me (that one and the one from O Porriño to Pontevedra)! On the previous day, we walked a lot (we went from Ponte de Lima until there), and reached only the Albergue at around 18:30H. I had my ankles killing me; I didn't even went out from the Albergue. I arrived, took care of the ankles, and went directly to bed! But I couldn't sleep anything, because it was cold. For me it was the worst Albergue were we slept.

When I woke up, I took a bath on those very bad bathrooms, and I was feeling better, and the day was a little bit better, the problem was the rain. We were supposed to go until Mos, but when we arrived to O Porriño, somebody told us that Mos was already complete. So we slept there. Best Albergue, with the best conditions!

That's why next year I'll pass the border, and stay in Tui. And also because when we visited Tui, we did it too fast. I want to see that Cathedral again with more time, and visit and see the rest of the city. Seeing a city at 07:30 it’s not the best way for you to know a city!

Um grande abraço meu amigo!

Best Regards
Diogo

Last edited:
Heather ! We all think it is a touristical trip. Principally the caminho is the way of suffering ,woe and misery and penance :) you'll meet all the plagues of Saint James. Heath, coldth, rain,sometimes snow , indunations, steep hills upwards, steep hills downwards, mosquitos, bedbugs ,snoring guys etc.etc :) The years before we made some exotic sea cruises with all the luxury but since our caminho experience, we prefer the last in spite of all the heavy challenges Saint James offered us ! :)
Don't forget flies, Albertinho; don't forget the flies! :p

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Etcetera etcetera Heather. Saint James has no mercy on us! Live is though especially during walking the caminho. But..without struggle no victory after all.
So we are the winners at last :D
You, me...and the flies! (Hahahaha!) Saint James is sitting somewhere looking down and laughing at the challenges he puts in place for us...like the flies! :p

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I just finished the Portuguese trail, Chignecto, if you want to have any questions. We walked mid-Oct to early Nov. From Lisboa to Porto, there were barely any other folks on the road but us three, though we did meet a few people heading TO Lisboa or Fatima. The first eight days are long with 30-34 km of walking on (mostly) asphalt but with some off-road. When it was sunny, the temps were not that high (22-23°C--almost perfect walking temps) but becasue of the angle of the sun, we sweltered. And with the sweltering came flies. The walk heading into Santarum was the most brutal--there is nothing and no where to take a break. Maria from the hostel in Santarum told us that she'll drive along the road/trail to keep a watch out for pilgrims and offer them help: water, food, a rest or a ride, if they need it. Some say no and end up at her hostel in less than a happy state. Some are stocked and get there OK. Be well stocked with water and food and take breaks where you want/can. IF it wasn't sunny, it was raining. And the rain came down--we weren't sure if we were going to see an ark nearby or not! :D We had a number of great days though, to walk.

As Diogo said, the biggest hill comes after Pont de Lima. It's not so bad, vertically, but because of the recent rain, the soil seems to have eroded off the path, leaving a lot of scree and rocks to manouver around. It was harder than it should have been.

I walked the French Camino last year. I think, in comparison, this one is far more challenging, if only because of the greater distances that have to be walked in order to get to a place to rest/stay and the road surfaces to walk on. Man, that's hard of the feet, legs and back!

We all agreed that the Camino Frances would be the best Camino to start with; this one might scare some people away because it is so intense, especially if someone is walking alone.
That being said, Portugal was gorgeous, the people extremely helpful and friendly, there is more likelihood that you'll find someone who speaks English or French, the accommodations are clean and reasonably priced (esp if you were with someone; not as cheap as the Camino Frances but the cost of food equaled that out), the food quite inexpensive and delicious (I could live on Portuguese vegetable soup!).

I would definitely walk the Portuguese trail again; it was a far different experience than the Frances was.

By the way, are you from Nova Scotia, with a tag name of 'Chignecto'?! :)

Bom Caminho!
Hi, Thanks for all your helpful advice. I am from Advocate Harbour originally which is where Cape Chignecto is located. Cape Chignecto is my favourite wilderness hike. I now live in Fredericton, New Brunswick.

A good Maritimer, no matter where you live! :)
My mom and my brother went to UNB and a whole swath of relatives and friends went there as well. I know Fredericton well. Haven't been to hike Cape Chignecto yet but it's on the list of things to do in the very near future!
If you have any questions about the Camino Portuguese, as I said; just ask!
Cheers!
Heather

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
A good Maritimer, no matter where you live! :)
My mom and my brother went to UNB and a whole swath of relatives and friends went there as well. I know Fredericton well. Haven't been to hike Cape Chignecto yet but it's on the list of things to do in the very near future!
If you have any questions about the Camino Portuguese, as I said; just ask!
Cheers!
Heather

Hi,
I am trying to decide whether to hike from Lisbon or Porto. Time is not an issue for me as I am retired. However, a couple of my friends may only want to hike from Porto. I am afraid if I only walk from Porto it will not seem like a Camino because it will be only 9 or 10 days. Hiking is a meditative experience for me. I loved walking for six weeks on the Camino Frances. Like the books said I "Walked in a Relaxed Manner" and "The Way is Made by Walking". Do you have any comments or suggestions on how I can resolve this dilema?

The caminho can not be a dilema in my opinion.
Just go for it ! We did Lisboa Porto and Porto to Santiago. It was great.
We-my wife and I made it in 32 days ,stopping over for a second night in Lisbon, Coimbra, Porto , Barcelos (to see wonderfull Braga) and Santiago.
It was the time of our life ! We travelled all around the world with trains,boats and planes but walking to Santiago de Compostela was the best of all ! We loved the scenery, the local people, the companion peregrinos, THE WAY, the whole atmosphere. Our best experience ever.
Best luck with your decission ! Bom caminho too !

Last edited:
Hi,
I am trying to decide whether to hike from Lisbon or Porto. Time is not an issue for me as I am retired. However, a couple of my friends may only want to hike from Porto. I am afraid if I only walk from Porto it will not seem like a Camino because it will be only 9 or 10 days. Hiking is a meditative experience for me. I loved walking for six weeks on the Camino Frances. Like the books said I "Walked in a Relaxed Manner" and "The Way is Made by Walking". Do you have any comments or suggestions on how I can resolve this dilema?

To me you will miss much by only ("only") walking from Porto. Porto to Santiago IS a beautiful walk but to do that means you would miss Lisbon, Santarem, Tomar, Coimbra, the chance to walk to Fatima as part of your Caminho and more. The first eight days are challenging but you would make it and, if you walk that part alone (and meet up with your friend in Porto), you would have a brilliant experience. (NOT that it wouldn't be so from Porto...)

Go find Laurie's updated CSJ guide and take that with you instead of Brierly's book. It will serve you better. If you want to take both, Brierly's is good for the historic information.

If you are questioning yourself now, then do what feels right to you: start in Lisbon. Just remember to get out and walk walk walk to train for this one. It's a lot of continuous walking, and a lot of walking on asphalt, so quite different than the Camino Frances. :)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The caminho can not be a dilema in my opinion.
Just go for it ! We did Lisboa Porto and Porto to Santiago. It was great.
We-my wife and I made it in 32 days ,stopping over for a second night in Lisbon, Coimbra, Porto , Barcelos (to see wonderfull Braga) and Santiago.
It was the time of our life ! We travelled all around the world with trains,boats and planes but walking to Santiago de Compostela was the best of all ! We loved the scenery, the local people, the companion peregrinos, THE WAY, the whole atmosphere. Our best experience ever.
Best luck with your decission ! Bom caminho too !
Thanks for your comments they are very much appreciated.

To me you will miss much by only ("only") walking from Porto. Porto to Santiago IS a beautiful walk but to do that means you would miss Lisbon, Santarem, Tomar, Coimbra, the chance to walk to Fatima as part of your Caminho and more. The first eight days are challenging but you would make it and, if you walk that part alone (and meet up with your friend in Porto), you would have a brilliant experience. (NOT that it wouldn't be so from Porto...)

Go find Laurie's updated CSJ guide and take that with you instead of Brierly's book. It will serve you better. If you want to take both, Brierly's is good for the historic information.

If you are questioning yourself now, then do what feels right to you: start in Lisbon. Just remember to get out and walk walk walk to train for this one. It's a lot of continuous walking, and a lot of walking on asphalt, so quite different than the Camino Frances. :)
Thanks for your helpful comments and suggestions. I'll keep you posted.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Oh, I remember that ascent, Diogo!
A camino friend coming up behind me saw me and asked "Are you all right, Stephen?"
"I think I'm dead!" I replied.
It was wonderful reaching the top, and topping up my water from the forester's cottage.

View attachment 6887
...this was the descent going down from the top. My mind went back to some pilgrims I'd seen on bicycles - it would have been VERY difficult.
I took it easy the following day....
But it's a most beautiful camino!

This is a beautiful picture!

According to your website, it took 17 days from Porto to Santiago by foot.
I wonder how fast you were.
Did you take your time, or did you just walk, walk, walk fast?
I'd like to walk Camino Portugues next year but my vacation would not be long enough to go through all the way from Lisbon to Santiago.
I'll probably have to start from Porto, and yet, if it takes abour 17 days...
Since I have about 2 weeks of time(15 max., I think) and coming from the US...
I just can't figure out which route to take or from where to start.

According to your website, it took 17 days from Porto to Santiago by foot.
I wonder how fast you were.
Did you take your time, or did you just walk, walk, walk fast?
I'd like to walk Camino Portugues next year but my vacation would not be long enough to go through all the way from Lisbon to Santiago.
I'll probably have to start from Porto, and yet, if it takes abour 17 days...
Since I have about 2 weeks of time(15 max., I think) and coming from the US...

You can make from Porto in 11 days. Easy :)

Best Regards
Diogo

According to your website, it took 17 days from Porto to Santiago by foot. I wonder how fast you were. Did you take your time, or did you just walk, walk, walk fast?
I'll probably have to start from Porto, and yet, if it takes abour 17 days...Since I have about 2 weeks of time(15 max., I think) and coming from the US...
SooYunKim - you will have plenty of time.
I am very old [!!] and take my time. I talk to all the pople I meet - and the animals I meet, and occasionally the insects too! I take loads of photogrfaphs [all on my web site] and write a diary for each camino [also on my web site].
Just relax, walk and enjoy!
Blessings from Suffolk ...
Bom caminho!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

I am going to start in Porto in late September with three friends. We are planning to hike to Finisterre and Muxia from Santiago as well. Last time I took the bus. I am so excited about doing another pilgrimage I feel transported. This is just what I’m need to service all this snow and freezing rain.

Snow? Freezing rain? Whaaaat?
(Just kidding...we've got it too. I keep checking my basement, crossing my fingers there is no water coming in. So far, so very good. I hope your place is safe, warm and dry too!)

This thread is so much fun to read! I will check it on a regular basis :D

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.

Most read last week in this forum

I’ll be finishing the Caminho Português next month. Last year I wore Hoka Challenger 6 ATR shoes. I did have some blisters and foot pain, but a lot could have been due to the 30+km days from...
We arrived in Porto by train from Lisbon yesterday afternoon. Long haul from Australia via Singapore, Milan and Madrid departed April 23. Our first encounter with other pilgrams was when 3...
We arrived in Lisbon yesterday, 48 hrs (by choice via Singapore, Milan and Madrid) after leaving home from regional South Australia. Train to Porto tomorrow hitting the pilgram path on Saturday to...
Hello pilgrims, I have unfortunately hurt my knee(s) on the second day of walking from Porto. I pushed through some more kilometers, but I had to take a break in Marinhas. I tried everything to...
Hello, I lost my GoPro with all my pictures on the Camino between Pedra Furada and Aborim last week. Is there a lost and found in SDC? Any other ideas? Thanks and Buen Camino.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back