• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Off the beaten track itinerary

vandergracht

My husband and I wish to make our first pilgrimage in 2011. We will probably go in mid to late August and spend about three weeks.
Here is our proposed route: Vezelay to Nevers to Clermont to Les Blats to Aurillac and ending at Ste Foy de Conques.
We found this route on the website and stumbled upon an excerpt of a map showing the more common Vezelay route.
Would be nice to hear from anyone familiar with either this route or with ideas on how to find maps and information so we can finalize our plans.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I have the IGN 922 map called "Les Chemins vers Saint Jacques de Compostelle" open in front of me and cannot see that path marked at all. On the Grande Randonee map from the same place there are various interconnecting GR paths on that route but it is not one path. From Vezelay you would follow the waymarks for the pigrimage as far as Nevers and then I would think you would have to change to the GR signs. There is a dotted red line on the pilgrimage map to Clemont Ferrand and then a solid red line winds its way down in the direction of Murat before heading above, but sort of parrallel, to the Le Puy path and ends in Rocomadour. From there it heads down to just outside Cahors.

(Have just deciphered the legend and the dotted line is a planned route, and the solid line is a link road.)

Cheers, Janet

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back