• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Old boots. What to do?

tyrrek

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
SJPP-SdC (4-5/2011), Ferrol-SdC (9/2011), Pamplona-SdC (3-4/2012), Camino Finisterre (10/2012), Ourense-SdC (5/2014)
Hi All.

I have finally accepted that my boots that I wore and loved on a Camino Frances and Ingles have reached the end of their life. If I had a garden I'd give them a decent burial, but I haven't, so they'll just have to go in the bin.

I'm reluctant to throw them out though. Has anyone had anything exciting done with their old boots? Maybe had them turned into a lampshade or something? It could be a good project for an art student!

Apologies if anything ridiculous like this has been asked before. I do know I'll probably have to let go eventually. :cry:

Buen Camino!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I have seen a church use old boots for outside plants/flowers at a flower festival. Very effective and perhaps a fitting end for Camino boots.

Have them bronzed and keep as a memorial to your trips, right next to your baby shoes.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I see a wonderful table centerpiece and conversation starter, myself....

I established a home for otherwise vagrant spiders at my back door with my last pair :lol:

Thanks! I like the plant pot holder idea. I think I'll try that by stripping one of them of internal padding and drilling holes in the soles for drainage. It could look quite good with some ivy or something growing out of it. If it gets mouldy and horrible it will just have to go in the bin.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum