• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

What to do with three weeks after Santiago?

DoughnutANZ

Ka whati te tai ka kai te tōreapango
Time of past OR future Camino
2019, 2023, 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027 & 2028.
I have walked the Portuguese from Tui, Frances and Madrid and I am somewhat caminoed out.

I am open to suggestions for what to do after I get to Santiago. I have between two and three weeks before I fly home to Aotearoa New Zealand via the UK.

I can walk on to the coast because I haven't done that but yet.

I want to save 2-3 days for hanging out in Madrid and catching some culture and day trips, perhaps to Toledo.

Somewhere along the coast sounds nice but I am running out of cash and so it would need to be cheap and I don't like crowds so a small village with less tourists would be great.

I am also open to volunteering somewhere if anyone needs a hand with anything.

Let the suggestions begin.....

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
if you'd like coastal, consider 2 weeks on the Norte (start at Bilbao to avoid the toughest stages between Irun to Bilbao?), although depending on timing it may not be your least inexpensive option as I understand that during the summer you're competing with vacationing Spaniards for lodging. Walking out of Bilbao and Santander were not that interesting (consider taking train/bus to exit), but the rest of the coastal route was beautiful ( still lots of uphill/downhill, which I enjoy but appreciate it's not for everyone - just not as intense as the pre-Bilbao stages).

Porto might be another coastal option? I understand that's an easier route, others with experience on this route may have thoughts to add but I also understand it to be less expensive than the Norte and also easier walking.

For just one week of walking, consider going to Finisterre and Muxia, spend at least one extra day in Finisterre.

I enjoyed Madrid before beginning my Camino, including day trips to Toledo and Segovia. Definitely worth it. Buen Camino!

At least consider Bilbao
I had 5 days planned as a buffer and had a fixed flight out from Bilbao airport.
It was the perfect decompression place, lots to see and eat, everybody spoke English

I stayed in Casco Viejo which is a lively and interesting place.
My wife and I went back there as her bonus travel as she does not do camino...

Last edited:
Consider staying in towns on the way to and outside of Madrid. Avila. Toledo, Segovia, Salamanca and more. Paradors are often in historical locations and buildings themselves. Parador site shows map of locations. Prices fluctuate and can be very reasonable. Friends of Paradors have a discount and earn points toward a free stay. We Parador hopped 5 locations. around Madrid after Santiago. We visited each for two nights to give a good tour day. Enjoy

Take a look at the Picos de Europa National Park in Asturias! 6000ft ’Tolkeinesque’ mountains and valleys also the wonderful northern coast near by where the picturesque Sella River runs into the sea. Centre your search on the beautiful small town of Cangas de Onís in the centre of the park……a truly hidden gem!

Attachments

• IMG_2148.jpeg
    IMG_2148.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_2153.jpeg
    IMG_2153.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2154.jpeg
    IMG_2154.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 30
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Go to school for a couple of weeks at Ira Flavia and "live" in Santiago like a local. We had a shared flat and walked to school every day. Lots of activities after school hours through the school. You meet people and it isn't that expensive. It will increase your ability to communicate and you have weekends off for side trips. Lots of older students when we were there.

I recommend walking
7 days
Santiago to Finistere to Lires and Muxia.

Portuguese routes are great as well.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I am open to suggestions for what to do after I get to Santiago. I have between two and three weeks before I fly home via the UK.

I want to save 2-3 days for hanging out in Madrid and catching some culture and day trips, perhaps to Toledo.

Somewhere along the coast sounds nice but I am running out of cash and so it would need to be cheap and I don't like crowds so a small village with less tourists would be great.

Porto/Matosinhos to SdeC takes about 12 days on the coastal route and is affordable and magnificent.

I am somewhat caminoed out.
Are you looking for non-camino suggestions only? If you still want to walk, the Picos suggestion is a great one, though accommodations may be pricey there now that high season is upon us.

If you don’t want to walk, and since you are interested in inexpensive options, Portugal is generally cheaper than Spain. There are hostels along the Alentejo coast south of Lisbon and it’s beautiful.

And if you are interested in a last-minute volunteer option, my go-to suggestion would be to contact @Rebekah Scott - she’s frequently looking for substitutes for the albergues she staffs for FICS. And there was a big shortage earlier this year.

I have walked the Portuguese from Tui, Frances and Madrid and I am somewhat caminoed out.

I am open to suggestions for what to do after I get to Santiago. I have between two and three weeks before I fly home to Aotearoa New Zealand via the UK.

Hang in Porto either by walking or take a bus. Porto is just magic

If you're interested in sightseeing, this is what I did after my Frances camino 7 years ago. I had 2 weeks before my return flight. I took a bus to Porto and spent a few days sightseeing. Then I took a high speed train to Lisbon for a few days of sightseeing. Then I flew to the Azores (discount airlines) for a few more days of sightseeing before returning to Santiago where I did a bus trip to Fisterra and Muxia. For me, it was time and money well-spent. I managed to find bargain rooms and transportation and did not splurge on food, so it wasn't terribly expensive.

I'll be leaving for Porto early next month to do my often delayed Portugues from Porto with several friends I met 7 years ago. I plan to start on the Senda Litoral. Bom Caminho with whatever you choose!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
No matter where you decide, enjoy the time. Maybe avoid the temptation of trying to squeeze in too much.
I loved the forum-member's idea of day tripping around Madrid. I've always wanted to go to Toledo, Avila, Valley of the Fallen, even Salamanca; and after 3 Caminos have not made it to any of them, and I regret it.
I walked the Madrid and ended up spending 4 days in Segovia, I never even had heard of it before, and now it's one of my favorite places in the world.
I guess it is a bit subjective too, I happen to love walking around Towns and small Cities, even at home.
Have fun and Buen Camino!
Peace, Bob

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I am somewhat caminoed out.
I am running out of cash and so it would need to be cheap and I don't like crowds so a small village with less tourists would be great.
The suggestions of what different people like to do after a Camino are all great, but it seems that many posters have missed the above 2 sentences!

For a wonderful, relaxing time and great food to eat I would recommend Salema, Portugal - not overdeveloped and close to beautiful beaches (Zavial, Ingrina). You can also hike along the coast to Carrapateira (Costa Vincentina natural park) and further north. Such an incredibly beautiful area.

The suggestions of what different people like to do after a Camino are all great, but it seems that many posters have missed the above 2 sentences!
Yes, although in fairness to the early replies I have edited this post to add the opening sentence because I started getting suggestions to walk more Caminos.

All of the replies have been helpful, thanks to everyone who replied.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
I’d buy some fishing tackle and head for Lires….
Would I find anything bigger than a fingerling?

I like the idea of fishing but ultimately there needs to be some chance of catching something decent.

I have been fishing long enough to know that catching them is a minor part of the pleasure but it is still a part.

This is my usual target.
IMG_20180114_191951673.jpg

Ask if you can volunteer at the Pilgrim's Office for some time. Free living/stay; you only pay for your food. Living like a local in SdC :cool:
Certainly something that I would be happy to do although I get the impression that they like to organise their volunteers well ahead of time.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I’d buy some fishing tackle and head for Lires….
Brings back memories of my teenage years. One summer I packed some fishing gear and a sleeping bag and hitchhiked to a popular beach. Slept out under the stars, fished and swam. Eventually met up with some friends and drank the odd beer.

Lived off mussels, the odd crab and the fish I caught. It all tastes better cooked over an open fire with salt from your swim and your sweat with a dash of beer for flavouring.

It all went swimmingly until one of the holidaying dads got a bit over protective of his daughters and suggested to the local constabulary that I was living without visible means of support and that I should be moved on. I got the message and left.

Last edited:

There are so many suggestions for you, but if it is sightseeing you would prefer there are 3 areas

There are so many suggestions here but if it is sightseeing you are interested in there are 3 outstanding places near Madrid well worth a visit. Segovia (1hr drive), Toledo ( 1hr drive) and Cuenca (1 3/4hr drive). Segovia is en route from the North.
Why not check them out on Google and Google maps To see what suits you.

I volunteer with All Hands and Hearts and they have two programs going on in Europe at the moment, one in Poland helping house Ukrainian refugees and one in Turkey helping victims of the earthquakes. A well run organization and a great way to help those who truly are in need of assistance. You’ll be housed and fed and only need to apply and get yourself to the location. You can find them on Facebook as well as a google search.

€149,-

I like the idea of fishing but ultimately there needs to be some chance of catching something decent.

I have been fishing long enough to know that catching them is a minor part of the pleasure but it is still a part.

This is my usual target.
View attachment 153465
Not much chance of one of those… but Sea Bass off the outer beach to the westward. Good sized Mullet up the river and the Rainbows that have escaped the fish farm and dodged the Bass for long enough get to Mullet munching size. I’ve only ever fished it with a light fly rod with a 2lb tippet. Spent a lot of time cursing. I’ll use a 5lb leader if I get lucky again

The above suggestions are great. Toledo, Segovia and Cuenca are incredible towns and very easy to reach from Madrid.

But as you have 3 weeks, I would probably go to Andaluzia and visit Granada, Cordoba and Sevilla, to understand the other side of the "santiago matamoros" story: the Spanish caliphate and Al-Andaluz.

Cordoba has the amazing mosque-cathedral, the alcazar, the lovely patios and the ruins of a Medina.

Granada has the Alhambra, an unbelievable palace where Isabel lived after the reconquista. Her tomb is at a simple room in a convent near the palace (now a parador). The city has old markets and also an impressive cathedral.

Seville is a large city, with the old Jewish quarter, a cathedral with the tomb of Christopher Columbus, lots of good food and the lovely markers of the Via de La plata. And it's easily connected to the other two and to Madrid via ave train.

The three cities have walking tours in English which you can join and pay at the end, the amount you seem fair. The Granada one was specially good.

Whatever you decide to do, let us travel vicariously through you 😄

First I'd be taking the train for a day or two up to A Coruña to pay tribute to the oldest Kiwi there, and just to wander around. It's a really nice and very historical little city.

And then?
The North coast from Ferrol around to Ribadeo is pretty spectacular. And there's San Andrés de Teixido. So...part of the Ruta do Mar backwards?

I'd also be thinking of Oviedo, to see the many Visigothic churches in that general area. Take the slow but scenic coastal train from A Coruña/Ferrol/Ribadeo.

Or if you just want a comfortable beach before heading back to winter, go South...Laurie's suggestion is good:
If you don’t want to walk, and since you are interested in inexpensive options, Portugal is generally cheaper than Spain. There are hostels along the Alentejo coast south of Lisbon and it’s beautiful.

Or...
This is a very good suggestion:
And if you are interested in a last-minute volunteer option, my go-to suggestion would be to contact @Rebekah Scott - she’s frequently looking for substitutes for the albergues she staffs for FICS. And there was a big shortage earlier this year.

Or this:
Go to school for a couple of weeks at Ira Flavia and "live" in Santiago like a local. We had a shared flat and walked to school every day. Lots of activities after school hours through the school. You meet people and it isn't that expensive. It will increase your ability to communicate and you have weekends off for side trips. Lots of older students when we were there.
Lots of options!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

This is my usual target.
View attachment 153465
You can also come to my place and go halibut fishing... :cool: (2.10 m., 120 kgs. female).

Kveite120kg.jpg

Last edited:

I think this sort of fits here for those linking a Camino with some other intra European travel (though not necessarily Spain) but as you may have seen there are lots of quite innovative offers on travel within different countries at moment. I know Alsa and I think Renfe have some stuff have some deals but how about this from Germany…

So you can buy a monthly pass for train travel within Germany for just €49. You can only use regional trains , not the express ones, but the regionals link up pretty well. You don’t have to be a German resident but I think you may need to pay via a German back account ( though there may be other options). My German mate paid for mine via his account.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
When I had to abandon my camino this past spring, I went to Segovia, Avila, Salamanca and Ciudad Rodrigo before heading to the north coast. I have an interest in the Napoleonic/Peninsular war and some of these were battle sites. Segovia has a stunning Roman aqueduct. All of these places are on caminos, so if you felt called back to the camino, you could walk a bit.

I have a senior’s gold card for the train, but buses were cheaper.

Another option is to see where cheap flights out of Santiago or your exit airport go. Anything in southern or eastern Europe is cheaper than northern.

Or a flight to casa @alexwalker !

Okay, some ideas are floating to the top and others have jelled.

For the time being, I am assuming that the invitation to go Halibut fishing was a joke. If not then it jumps up the priorities.

I have accepted an opportunity to volunteer as an English language conversant with a local English language school. It runs from the 6th to the 12th August and the particular one that I have accepted runs out of Valencia. This solves one week's food and accommodation costs and so allows me more flexibility with my budget during the week either side of this.

The school takes local Spanish people, often business people and the volunteers and everyone heads out to a remote hotel to reduce the likelihood of distractions and immerses the locals in spoken English. The volunteers are all native English speakers and often fly in just so that they can volunteer for the course.

The school covers food and accommodation for the volunteers and people get shuffled around so that you meet lots of new people.

It does mean that I need to transport myself to Valencia but I was thinking along those lines anyway and so it fits a bigger plan.

I am thinking that some combination of @Tincatinker and @VNwalking s suggestions for the first week so that I am based in Galicia for the first week.

The down to Valencia, do the course and then explore the South of Spain for a couple of days before returning to Madrid. Getting my culture and day trips there then head home via London.

Any more specific ideas that fit that basic model would be very welcome.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Okay, so this means that I am looking for cheap accommodation options in Valencia and for interesting things to do and visit in that area.

I found that I have bookmarked the Innsa hostel in Valencia but they don't seem to take reservations via b***king.com but refer people to their own website. Unfortunately, their website is broken and I can't book via it.

I also can't find a mobile number for them and so can't use WhatsApp either.

Any suggestions around Innsa hostel or similar would be appreciated.

For the time being, I am assuming that the invitation to go Halibut fishing was a joke. If not then it jumps up the priorities.

I have accepted an opportunity to volunteer as an English language conversant with a local English language school. It runs from the 6th to the 12th August and the particular one that I have accepted runs out of Valencia. This solves one week's food and accommodation costs and so allows me more flexibility with my budget during the week either side of this.

The school takes local Spanish people, often business people and the volunteers and everyone heads out to a remote hotel to reduce the likelihood of distractions and immerses the locals in spoken English. The volunteers are all native English speakers and often fly in just so that they can volunteer for the course.

The school covers food and accommodation for the volunteers and people get shuffled around so that you meet lots of new people.

It does mean that I need to transport myself to Valencia but I was thinking along those lines anyway and so it fits a bigger plan.

I am thinking that some combination of @Tincatinker and @VNwalking s suggestions for the first week so that I am based in Galicia for the first week.

The down to Valencia, do the course and then explore the South of Spain for a couple of days before returning to Madrid. Getting my culture and day trips there then head home via London.

Thank you!
My husband did a similar thing with Pueblo Engles a few years ago. The school provided transportation to and from Madrid. It was in a village near Salamanca. He had a wonderful time and I hope you will enjoy your volunteer time just as much!

Not at all (I know where to find them), but it will take some time & money to get you up here in Arctic Norway. And it is an expensive place... Things like beer, wine, tobacco etc. are so expensive, we barely can afford clothing for our children.

On a serious note: If you are 60 or above, you can buy a Carta Dorada (gold card) at any raiilway station. It only costs 6 Euros. It will give you a solid 25% discount on most/all train travels in Spain for a whole year. Go where you please all over Spain at a pleasant discount.

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
On a serious note: If you are 60 or above, you can buy a Carta Dorada (gold card) at any raiilway station. It only costs 6 Euros. It will give you a solid 25% discount on most/all train travels in Spain for a whole year. Go where you please all over Spain at a pleasant discount.
I got one of these and it rarely saved me any money. The bus ended up being far cheaper.

Okay, so this means that I am looking for cheap accommodation options in Valencia and for interesting things to do and visit in that area.

I found that I have bookmarked the Innsa hostel in Valencia but they don't seem to take reservations via b***king.com but refer people to their own website. Unfortunately, their website is broken and I can't book via it.

I also can't find a mobile number for them and so can't use WhatsApp either.

Any suggestions around Innsa hostel or similar would be appreciated.
Their number is +34 963 917 751

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
What was the cost of Spanish school? I love the idea of spending some time there studying Spanish.

UPDATE: I found their website. Quite reasonable prices actually! The room and board prices are also reasonable.

Thank you!

Late seeing this, sorry! It looks like you have been offered some great options.
I'd say yes, stick around the Galicia locations for the first days, and then that language partnership deal sounds positive. Going direct to the hostel place in Valencia now you have their number should be a cheaper option than via the agency.

(Running low on funds takes me back to my first holiday with friends 60 years ago. It was possible to send a telegram to dads and ask for a loan of ten shillings! In context - that was the price of a six day return bus ticket from my town to Glasgow. You don't have a dad lurking around at home? 😁)

Late seeing this, sorry! It looks like you have been offered some great options.

(Running low on funds takes me back to my first holiday. You don't have a dad lurking around at home? 😁)
Not anymore but I raided my piggy banks and managed to find some funds and with the week of reduced costs I am now back on budget so no problems now.

Last edited:
The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
I wanted some thinking time today and so, of course, I then also needed some thinking juice, see below.

Hot chocolate and churros 🤩

I highly recommend the café, it is Curreria La Quinta in Santiago de Compostela https://maps.app.goo.gl/UGG7XFCbVJTzSMLi9

Attachments

• IMG_20230727_115510571.jpg
    IMG_20230727_115510571.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 70
Last edited:

A Coruña for a beach holiday that's just a quick train up. If you get bored walk down the Inglese.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Pilgrims museum, cathedral tour, cathedral roof tour, cathedral museam, free tours. Much to see i always spend a few days in Santiago. You can do Inglés but I found it boring. Finisterre and Muxia are wonderfu

if you'd like coastal, consider 2 weeks on the Norte (start at Bilbao to avoid the toughest stages between Irun to Bilbao?), although depending on timing it may not be your least inexpensive option as I understand that during the summer you're competing with vacationing Spaniards for lodging. Walking out of Bilbao and Santander were not that interesting (consider taking train/bus to exit), but the rest of the coastal route was beautiful ( still lots of uphill/downhill, which I enjoy but appreciate it's not for everyone - just not as intense as the pre-Bilbao stages).

Porto might be another coastal option? I understand that's an easier route, others with experience on this route may have thoughts to add but I also understand it to be less expensive than the Norte and also easier walking.

For just one week of walking, consider going to Finisterre and Muxia, spend at least one extra day in Finisterre.

I enjoyed Madrid before beginning my Camino, including day trips to Toledo and Segovia. Definitely worth it. Buen Camino!
The walk out of Santander was spectacular as long as you take the coastal path which is a 34k day. Best views ever tho so I highly recommend!!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Thank you!
The Andalusian coast is wonderful. Malaga is Picasso’s birthplace with a museum. Granada is spectacular and the Alhambra is a treasure. Look out for all of the pomegranates in Granada ( its name means pomegranate). I haven’t seen anything else down there but those two places kept us occupied for almost a week.

The Andalusian coast is wonderful. Malaga is Picasso’s birthplace with a museum. Granada is spectacular and the Alhambra is a treasure. Look out for all of the pomegranates in Granada ( its name means pomegranate). I haven’t seen anything else down there but those two places kept us occupied for almost a week.
Be sure to go see Guernica (painting) at the Sophia Reina when you return to Madrid! Very powerful!

Some years ago, after arriving in Santiago, a small group of us who had arrived together hired a car and made a road trip, South, East and North finishing in Barcelona. I left the group in Granada as I was visiting friends in Andalucia.

First I'd be taking the train for a day or two up to A Coruña to pay tribute to the oldest Kiwi there, and just to wander around. It's a really nice and very historical little city.
The police allowed me to go into their yard so that I could get a photo for you and I.
IMG_20230731_141359974_HDR.jpg
But they (the police on the gate) didn't know when it flowered, after a prompt from me they suggested May or June.

Apparently the city has adopted the Pohutukawa as a city wide symbol and they are busy planting them all over the city.

There is a very nice row along the Playa del Orzán (as they should be, near the sea) and this baby one was still flowering but only on the lee side.

IMG_20230731_130804044.jpg
I forgot to mention, the entry to the yard where the Pohutukawa is, is off Rua Tui.

Someone must of had a Kiwi connection.

Keeping with the Antipodean theme I thought that I might get a steak for lunch at Casa Matilde, just around the corner from the police station.
IMG_20230731_143019833_HDR.jpg

But at €40+ for the steak I settled for patatas fritas and a beer!

What a beauty. Not to be greedy but did you get a close-up from underneath?

She must be quite a sight when in flower. And the wee one, showing off - as kids do. With the profusion of pohutukawa, A Coruña must be especially beautiful in May.

🤣
Ha! What are the chances of that?

Enjoy, @DoughnutANZ! And thanks for the update. This is as fun ss a 'live on the camino' thread. 'Live after the Camino...'

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
What a beauty. Not to be greedy but did you get a close-up from underneath?

She must be quite a sight when in flower. And the wee one, showing off - as kids do. With the profusion of pohutukawa, A Coruña must be especially beautiful in May.

🤣
Ha! What are the chances of that?

Enjoy, @DoughnutANZ! And thanks for the update. This is as fun ss a 'live on the camino' thread. 'Live after the Camino...'
This is about as close as I got but it was outside. I didn't want to push my luck inside the police yard as it was very busy with lots of police personnel coming and going.

IMG_20230731_141043803_HDR.jpg

The thick trunk on the left is a palm tree that grew close to the Pohutukawa.

And then?

The North coast from Ferrol around to Ribadeo is pretty spectacular. And there's San Andrés de Teixido. So...part of the Ruta do Mar backwards?

I'd also be thinking of Oviedo, to see the many Visigothic churches in that general area. Take the slow but scenic coastal train from A Coruña/Ferrol/Ribadeo.

Or if you just want a comfortable beach before heading back to winter, go South...Laurie's suggestion is good:

Or...

This is a very good suggestion:

Or this:

Lots of options!
Just a little word of thanks for prompting DoughnutANZ to go hunting, as his photos and a subsequent duckduckgo search led me to my new learning for today. It is not really surprising that it landed in A Corunna, a lively port in its day, and the Spanish sailors were far travelled...

very busy with lots of police personnel coming and going.
Maybe being a harmless older woman has some advantages. I'll be wheedling my way in to see the trunk, next time I'm there - your pics have whet my appetite.
🙏🙏🙏

The thick trunk on the left is a palm tree that grew close to the Pohutukawa.
She looks like an enormous grey-green cumulus cloud. Astonishing.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...
Past,present and future Thanks for sharing your adventures! This forum will be a touchstone someday in the future ..where you had gone and how far, from where and when A Canterbery tales sort of...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back