Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
John Brierley Camino Frances Guide
This guide is one of the ones that has been around for over 15 years. Updated yearly. Please read the reviews.
Camino Masks
12 different designs, shipped world wide from Santiago.

Old boots. What to do?

tyrrek

Veteran Member
Year of past OR future Camino
SJPP-SdC (4-5/2011), Ferrol-SdC (9/2011), Pamplona-SdC (3-4/2012), Camino Finisterre (10/2012), Ourense-SdC (5/2014)
Hi All.

I have finally accepted that my boots that I wore and loved on a Camino Frances and Ingles have reached the end of their life. If I had a garden I'd give them a decent burial, but I haven't, so they'll just have to go in the bin.

I'm reluctant to throw them out though. Has anyone had anything exciting done with their old boots? Maybe had them turned into a lampshade or something? It could be a good project for an art student!

Apologies if anything ridiculous like this has been asked before. I do know I'll probably have to let go eventually. :cry:

Buen Camino!

Rent a house in Santiago (1 month minimum)
300m from the cathedral and around the corner from the fresh food market in Santiago. Perfect place to tele commute from (1GB symmetrical connection).
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop

Tia Valeria

Veteran Member
Pt Norte/Pmtvo 2010
C. Inglés 2011
C. Primitivo '12
Norte-C. de la Reina '13
C. do Mar-C. Inglés '15
I have seen a church use old boots for outside plants/flowers at a flower festival. Very effective and perhaps a fitting end for Camino boots.

jpflavin1

Veteran Member
Have them bronzed and keep as a memorial to your trips, right next to your baby shoes.

dougfitz

Veteran Member
Spain: Mar 2010, Apr 2014, May/Jun 2016. Norway/Sweden: 2012, 2018. Other: 2011, 2019. CP (tbc)
I established a home for otherwise vagrant spiders at my back door with my last pair :lol:

Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.

tyrrek

Veteran Member
SJPP-SdC (4-5/2011), Ferrol-SdC (9/2011), Pamplona-SdC (3-4/2012), Camino Finisterre (10/2012), Ourense-SdC (5/2014)
Thanks! I like the plant pot holder idea. I think I'll try that by stripping one of them of internal padding and drilling holes in the soles for drainage. It could look quite good with some ivy or something growing out of it. If it gets mouldy and horrible it will just have to go in the bin.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads