Old member, first post and finally doing the walk this weekend!

lagalag

Mar 12, 2009
Paris, France
Time of past OR future Camino
April (2014)
Hello,
My name is Ding and as the title says, an 'old' member who has not done the walk yet. I have signed up sometime in 2009 but been a lurker since i arrived here in Paris years before that. It has been a longtime calling for me to do the Camino but somehow never got around to doing it for a lot of reasons (excuses!) mainly got to do with having two young kids.
Fastforward to now, well...two weeks ago my French wife informed me that we have a week free of the kids and asked me what i'd like to do. The Camino bulb suddenly lit up and the last week has been a whirlwind of last minute gearing up.
I'm a bit peeved that after all of these years dreaming and soaking up info on the Camino i'll end up walking it almost on impulse! One week is not much i know but its a now or never situation for me. (me and wife have had a taste of the trail sometime in 2007 criscrossing bit of Camino when we walked in a circle from Jaca-Pamplona-Bilbao-Hendaye and back to Pau in France).
We're thinking of having our two boys join us for a second week somewhere along the line but absolutely have no idea where.
Anyways, if there a Caminoist starting in SJPDP and coming from Paris, we're drving down Subrigue in our car to deposit our dog with some friends there and would can gladly accomodate one or two persons more for the ride .
Buen Camino everybody!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

DurhamParish

Un Cerveza, Por Favor
Jul 25, 2012
Maryland USA
Caminho Portuguese 2012 & 2018
Camino Frances 2014, 2015, 2015, 2017, 2018
You might say what date you're starting on. I've already paid for my SNCF ticket and a room in Bayonne, but if I hadn't done that already and the date had lined up correctly . . . . . .

Anyway, Buen Camino. I hope it is everything you've dreamed it would be.

Reactions: David
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

lagalag

Mar 12, 2009
Paris, France
April (2014)
Opps. Sorry Durham, i haven't looked back at my own little post since i posted it! ( i clicked on email notification option for activity but didn't receive any) anyways, thanks for the all the positive send-offs! Me and my wife have reached Puente de la Reina and still plan to chug along with our new-found 'family' for at least another stretch before figuring out a way to get to Bordeaux on Monday to fetch out our two boys at the train station. BTW, our car had a fit of something and just decided not to budge while we we paying toll at a peage (30mins away to Subrigues!). It was a mess what with the long line of cars stuck behind us! Not an easy scenario with angry French drivers on their way to their holidays... all things eventually got sorted out and we've already reached Puente dela Reina safe and sound. My next report would be why i walked in my flipflops... but i think that would be another thread good for when i get home.

Reactions: Kanga
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)
Hi I'm Keith 60 years young from Newcastle upon Tyne UK.arriving on the 1635 Edinburgh ryanair flight on 9th September 2024 anyone like to share my express bourricot
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.