• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
  • 20% off everything Altus the next few days at the Camino Forum Store. More here. (Discount taken at check out)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

On my own

Mary b

Hi I dont know if I doing this right, I never joined a forum before, I am starting the camino on my own on Sat the 30th June, flying into Biarritz and walk from there for a month. I am fairly fit mature woman, just need a little ressurance that I be ok on my own. Mary B.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hello Mary and welcome on this forum! This place is packed with a wealth of information, hope it can be of some help to you.

You will be fine on your own, no worries. Let me assure you that even when you walk alone you will soon meet up with lots of fellow pilgrims. Some of them you will bump into regularly and will want to know better, some you will only meet one time. Anyway , it's ALL good.
Enjoy the experience and keep us posted.
Cheers.

You'll be fine Mary, we met(kept bumping into) a pregnant girl on our Camino from Denmark, who was taking time out from her PhD, she was having a great time, & to see her face taking communion in Santiago was a real joy. She would hang-out with others sometimes, & sometimes on her own, yes she didn't walk fast but she put in the miles.

Yes it's a tricky time just before leaving, it's normal, but once in Spain/France it's as if a great wait is off your shoulders. Have a great Camino. Let us know how it goes :)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Buen Camino Maryb,
I pray that all will be well with you as you take your first steps on the Camino. All will be well as you march along each day. St. Jacques & Santiago & your new found neighbours will support you each day. Perhaps the braver step for you was joining the forum!

Buen Camino.

Thank you for the words of support, I forgot to say I was from Ireland, also I think you may be right in saying the bravest step was joining the forum. My plan is to enjoy and be at peace on the Camino and go with totally open mind. Mary B.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Mary b said:
Thank you for the words of support, I forgot to say I was from Ireland, also I think you may be right in saying the bravest step was joining the forum. My plan is to enjoy and be at peace on the Camino and go with totally open mind. Mary B.

Yes, or let the Camino come to you....... :arrow:

David

Hi, Time has flown by since I first contacted forum, I arrive on Friday 29th at Biarritz airport at approx 15:30 should anyone be travelling on to St jean who wishes to share transport please let me know. Thank you Mary.

Ideal pocket guides for during and after your Camino. Each weighs just 40g (1.4 oz).

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings fellow travelers, I am hoping to do my first international trip at 57 and solo to walk the Camino Primitivo in mid-July. I want to book the trip through either Santiago Ways or Camino...
Hello, my name is Wendy and I walked the Camino Primitivo in September 2022 and I’m planning to walk the full Camino Portugues from Lisbon to Santiago beginning September 7, 2024, in honor of my...
I'll be volunteering in Santiago July 01- July 15 this year with the Camino Companions who offer services for the English speaking pilgrims, announcements at mass, English Mass at the Pilgrim's...
Hello! I and my friend Cecilia will walk Camino Ingles with start 4th of October. We are so excited to our first but not last Camino. Buen Camino to all of you.
Hi my name is Bryce (Australian) and I’m doing the Camino Frances starting September 15. My wife is 57 years old and was born without her left thigh bone. She can wear a prosthetic leg for very...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back