• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

On my own

Mary b

Hi I dont know if I doing this right, I never joined a forum before, I am starting the camino on my own on Sat the 30th June, flying into Biarritz and walk from there for a month. I am fairly fit mature woman, just need a little ressurance that I be ok on my own. Mary B.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hello Mary and welcome on this forum! This place is packed with a wealth of information, hope it can be of some help to you.

You will be fine on your own, no worries. Let me assure you that even when you walk alone you will soon meet up with lots of fellow pilgrims. Some of them you will bump into regularly and will want to know better, some you will only meet one time. Anyway , it's ALL good.
Enjoy the experience and keep us posted.
Cheers.

You'll be fine Mary, we met(kept bumping into) a pregnant girl on our Camino from Denmark, who was taking time out from her PhD, she was having a great time, & to see her face taking communion in Santiago was a real joy. She would hang-out with others sometimes, & sometimes on her own, yes she didn't walk fast but she put in the miles.

Yes it's a tricky time just before leaving, it's normal, but once in Spain/France it's as if a great wait is off your shoulders. Have a great Camino. Let us know how it goes :)

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Buen Camino Maryb,
I pray that all will be well with you as you take your first steps on the Camino. All will be well as you march along each day. St. Jacques & Santiago & your new found neighbours will support you each day. Perhaps the braver step for you was joining the forum!

Buen Camino.

Thank you for the words of support, I forgot to say I was from Ireland, also I think you may be right in saying the bravest step was joining the forum. My plan is to enjoy and be at peace on the Camino and go with totally open mind. Mary B.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Mary b said:
Thank you for the words of support, I forgot to say I was from Ireland, also I think you may be right in saying the bravest step was joining the forum. My plan is to enjoy and be at peace on the Camino and go with totally open mind. Mary B.

Yes, or let the Camino come to you....... :arrow:

David

Hi, Time has flown by since I first contacted forum, I arrive on Friday 29th at Biarritz airport at approx 15:30 should anyone be travelling on to St jean who wishes to share transport please let me know. Thank you Mary.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)
Hi I'm Keith 60 years young from Newcastle upon Tyne UK.arriving on the 1635 Edinburgh ryanair flight on 9th September 2024 anyone like to share my express bourricot
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back