• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

One day until the BIG DAY!

Rocknroll

Hello, everyone!
The big moment that we were waiting for a long time (I think, there are more than 10 years since we've been thinking about this pilgrimage, on that time when we were watching the TVE program, sunday morning, called "Galicia para el Mundo") has arrived. Tomorrow evening we will fly from Bucharest to Barcelona for starting one of the biggest adventures of our lives. For my wife is definately her biggest trip ever (she didn't fly at all since now) and... what a start, pilgrimage to Santiago. What could possible be a greater journey? 8)
I just can't wait anymore! My heart is beating like a drum and my mind is floating already over the hills and far away. Spain is definately one of my favourite countries! I like their language, I like their music (absolutely charming), I like their history etc. I like Spain, a lot!
We fly to Barcelona and then we hope to get a quick tour in this wonderful city and then catch the bus to Pamplona, the place when we'll start our pilgrimage.
Hope to be a wonderful experience and hope to meet wonderful people!

For those about to... Santiago Pilgrimage, we salute you!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Your excitement is infectious! I hope you and Mrs Rocknroll have a wonderful time.

You will let her have the window seat of the plane, won't you!

Go well, pilgrims!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Mr & Mrs Rocknroll

Can just about feel your excitement. Be happy, walk safely and enjoy all the camino has to offer you both.

Cheers Rose Louise

Thank you all for your kindly words!

Haha, "Mrs Rocknroll"... She's a Julio Iglesias and Juanes listener...
But even "Mr Rocknroll" listen, sometimes, to Buena Vista Social Club or Trio Los Panchos... :D

Buen Camiono Peregrinos! Top tip: take care of your feet! Take along a bit of vaseline and rub your feet with it before starting out. It feels a bit weird, but it helps avoid blisters. Also, take sandals. Your feet will thank you after a long day of walking. Pack as light as you can. Again, your feet will thank you.

Senora Rocknroll has great taste. I love Juanes!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Nicole, we got sandals. Very good ones and very light. Also, trekking shoes, not Gore-Tex or smth like that. I know about that vaseline, many people told me about it. I see what I could do, probably buy it... :)

Tonight we gonna fly... high!

Yes, it is an adventure worth waiting for, dreaming about, but nothing compares to that first day we begin our first steps of the Camino. You have the right attitude and now you must put everything in the hands of the Way. Some things will be great, but there will be other things that disappoint. Remember that as pilgrims, joy and peace begin in our service to others and in the gratitude we express to those who serve us.

Please remember to keep us posted as you walk along; they help us to feel that much closer to the Way. You will be in all our thoughts and prayers.

Buen Camino.
Mike

Thank you, Mike, for your thoughts...
Spain cannot disappointed me! Maybe... some people, but I hope not and I don't think about it. I'll be there because I dreamed about it... and I "infected" my wife too... :)
For me, is a pilgrimage of freedom and suffering. In a way, I dreamed about... freedom all my life! I was born in a communist country and I suffered a lot because of this. Those days are gone, but my mind will never forget the suffering...

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Buen Camino to both of you.

For me is 20 days to start my first Camino. I feel your excitement deep in my heart. But... i need to wait... just little bit :wink:

You will be in my prayers.

Today I just have landed from Madrid, back home to Bucharest.
WOW, THE CAMINO WAS AMAZING!
I cannot described in a few words the feelings that I've experienced on the pilgrimage!
I met wonderful people from all over the world.
If some of the pilgrims that I met on the Camino will "arrive" on this part of forum I send my regards and my best thought to them, especially to Elena (Romania), Radu Ilie (Romania), father Manuel (Philippines), Anika (Hungary), Jason and Melissa (USA), Matthew (California, USA), Juan Carlos (Spain), Sebastian (Germany), Ron (Netherlands), Ute and Werner (Germany), Lars and Luz Marina (Sweden and Columbia), Catherine (France) etc... Sorry for the guys I don't remember their names at this moment, there was so many...
I spend a wonderful holiday of 45 days in Spain! Barcelona, Pamplona, Puente la Reina, Estella, Azofra, Granon, Tosantos, Burgos, Carrion de los Condes, Mansilla de las Mulas, Leon, Astorga, La Faba, O Cebreiro, Barbadello, Santiago, Finisterre and Madrid will remain forever in my heart!
I'm very tired at this moment after all these days. I'll be back with more impressions, pictures and tips about the Camino.

P.S. BUEN CAMINO!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hello rocknroll
Congratulations!! I am so glad you enjoyed your journey so much and had such good experiences, met nice people.

I will start my walk in September and am looking forward to it. So all this positive feedback is always good to keep me motivated and inspired.
Thanks for sharing.

Thank you, Annie! I'm thinking already for the portuguese Camino in 2011.

Hermanita, believe me, it was an extraordinary moment of my life this pilgrimage. So, believe in you, believe in the spirit of Camino and everything it will be alright! I'm not such a religious guy, but of course I believe in God and I can tell you that this pilgrimage has something very special. I never felt in danger or something, I never thought that I could lost in the misty woods in the morning (I always left the albergues early in the morning, 5:30-6:00), I always feel safe and I got always keep peace of mind. I met guys that have made more than 2000 km from their home until Santiago and I've take my hat off for that! One of them it was from Austria (on his feet from Vienna) and he's got 70 years old! I met a veteran guy from Arkansan, Pat, he's got 77 years old and I became a friend of him (I keep thinking of you, Pat, you'll be in my prayers...) and when my feet hurts me I was thinking to them and I say to myself that I should go... Ultreya... without no worries and no complains.
There was some special moments in some albergues that I will never forget! So, keep in mind when you'll be on Camino do not miss the parochial albergues from Granon, Tosantos and Carrion de los Condes. You won't be disappointed! I cannot describe my feelings here, there was so special... and I could felt, for the first time in my life, the deepest goodness of some people's soul. Wonderful moments...

nice to hear from you! Maybe see you on the CP next time. :D As you know I´m planning for the CP and in the future for the CF from Burgos to SDC!
(I forgot to tell you that I SAW U2 :D IN GOTHENBURG last Saturday! Was comparable to the camino but lasted only 2.5 hours)

annie

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I know that early starters - 5:30 to 6:00 am - irritate many on this forum, but it is a reasonable action as the summer heat begins to build. The only way to avoid the afternoon heat is an early start or a siesta, and the siesta guarantees that beds will disappear. Sleeping in may not be practical on the Camino in summer when others are eager to start to avoid the heat.

Falcon, not only me (and my wife) started early this HOT summer. There was many of us. I always did my backpack package by evening and in the morning I could take it out without any disturbing noise, so everything was ok about this early startings from us...

Most read last week in this forum

Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.