• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

One week in July, a luxury problem

Luka

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Next: Camino Sanabrés (May 2024)
My oh my oh my... I arranged a last-minute week off for myself. For the first time since September 2019 I am able to leave the wonderful province of Asturias. Fully vaccinated. But now I can't decide:

- Five days of Spanish classes in Madrid
- Walking from Roncesvalles to Logroño (untrained)

I have always been bad at making decisions... Still a few days left to doubt...

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I would choose the Spanish classes in Madrid. It would be a wonderful opportunity to increase my ability to communicate, thus enhancing my future interactions with locals and merchants on Camino pilgrimages.

I would also use the time off from classes to enjoy Madrid and the surrounding area, taking in the museums and cultural/historical sites. And food.

What about spending 5 days of learning/practicing Spanish talking to locals in bars and restaurants? Let’s say roughly between Roncesvalles and, for example, Logroño?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum