• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

One week until departure

MoniRose

Time of past OR future Camino
(5/28-7/4, 2012) Camino Frances - SJPP to Santiago
(7/22-8/2, 2013) Camino Finesterra
(?) Camino Le Puy
I leave next week for Paris and begin my walk on May 28 from SJPP. The past few days I sense the fear is releasing itself and I have begun having dreams of personal significance and moments of deep insight. While my journey began in November, when the Camino first placed itself on my heart, this past week I can feel the Camino beginning to move. I can feel the "letting go" begin. I am wondering if others have had a similar experiences as they moved closer to their own Camino. - M :arrow:

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi MoniRose
I am too leaving SjPP around your date, mine is on May 25. I hope to see you on the path, say hello when you see me. I am not feeling the letting go yet, as I have so much on my plate before I leave. I am hoping maybe when I do get on the plane and start thinking about my walk....

Hi Monirose and Zee!

I hope you have wonderful Caminos! Enjoy the way it reconnects you with all of your senses and emotions. Sometimes you might feel on top of the world, and others frustrated. Appreciate every experience you have for what it is, and remember the people you've met when you arrive in Santiago. The Camino may well change you, so be prepared!

Monica: Keep your blog updated if you feel inclined to do so.
Zee: I hope you enjoy London.

Buen Caminos!

Keith

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thank you! I know I'm in for the trip of a lifetime! Can't hardly wait! :-D - M :arrow:

Hi Monirose,

Funny I just read your post earlier this morning and have been thinking about it all day, came to the conclusion that I'm still scared and have been sort of panicking about why I even decided to walk the camino in the first place... then I came home and read a favourite magazine of mine which had arrived. One of the newsarticles was one of those lightbulbmoments in life that you don't have too often, and now I'm sitting here typing this realising I'm letting go of a lot of "old stuff", old thought patterns and the like. So to answer your question yes I am having a similar experience. :) I start walking on June 4th.

Buen camino! Therese

I leave for San Sebastion in 8 days and on to SJPdP on June 4th.
Last week I was packed and ready to go. Told everyone I could fly out right now.
Oh, how nonchalant I was! (Hey I do speak french!)
This week I am anxious and excited and nervous and giddy. Not feeling the letting go as some of you have described. Good news is that I am not worried. I am confident that my camino will be the way it is supposed to be...come what may.
Anna Maria

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Hi MoniRose
I am too leaving SjPP around your date, mine is on May 25. I hope to see you on the path, say hello when you see me. I am not feeling the letting go yet, as I have so much on my plate before I leave. I am hoping maybe when I do get on the plane and start thinking about my walk....
Tricia, is it possible to reach you personally?

Most read last week in this forum

Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back