• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Others planning a Camino Frances Sept 2013

fallow

Time of past OR future Camino
(2014)
I am really keen to 'meet' others who are planning a Sept 2013 Camino or who have already walked this route at this time of year. Silly perhaps, but I feel it would be comforting to know about others who even vaguely share my plans. I think I will start out early September after such a long journey from Australia! How I sometimes wish Europe was closer... but then ... Australia wouldn't be the lovely place it is perhaps :)

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I am planning to start from SJPdP in mid September '13

Thanks for your response but we are unlikely to meet up as I think I will begin at the start of the month. How far is your planning to dat, and how detailed? Mary

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Most of my planning at the moment is about leaving my work behind for 2 months, that's why I am leaving after the close of my fiscal year. As to the Camino, I have the Bierly book and have done some other reading. Doing lots of walking. I joined American Pilgrims on the Camino org. Will start looking at flights in a couple of months. What kind of planning are you doing?

I'll keep a look out for you. I'll be coming from rhe Camino Aragones but should rejoin the CF around Sept 16. This time, I'll definitely put a forum badge on my bag, along with a Québec flag

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi fallow,

Another Southern-hemispherite here, this one from Cape Town, SA.

I will be arriving in Madrid at lunchtime on 1 Sep, so probably will make it to SJPdP the following day and start walking "properly" on the 3rd.

Maybe we'll meet each other on the way.

Hi there Hal-CPT

Not only am I a fellow southern hemi-ite but happen to have been born in Cape Town, spent school years in Pretoria then returned to to live in Cape Town! We left early Jan 1987 so now I feel totally Aussie. Great to hear from you. I am hoping to start out from the same place as you and at virtually the same time but no flights booked as yet and no decisions yet as to the best way for us to reach the start. I think my husband will go some of the way with me, then duck off to watch some of the Vuelta cycling. How we will arrange all this remains to be seen.

How far are you in the planning process?

When you next pass that way blow a kiss to no. 7 Ley Rd, St. James for me (used to be called Morning Star). I still miss that house!

Looking forward to hearing from you again - Mary

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
amaWalkers Camino has a small group arriviving in St Jean on 8th September. They are from South Africa, Ireland and the USA and will start walking the following day.

Hi! I am planning to commence walking the Camino Frances staring at SJDP about 12 or 13th September once I get over the jet lag. Leaving from Perth, Western Austalia. I am taking it slowly and have planned for about forty days. I am concerned about walking in the rain during Sept and October. Do I really need wet weather gear at that time of the year??????

Anyone else walking around this time????
Cejanus

Yes, it is very likely to rain, so take rain gear. There are several discussion threads on rain gear, so you can get input from them. When you have chosen, test it locally by getting in the shower, or better yet, pack up your gear and walk for a few hours in the rain. You will then know if you have chosen wisely.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi fallow,

Fantastic, well your old town says hi :) I'll be driving through your old neighbourhood on the way to Cape Point, where I'm planning "training" hikes on the 2-day circular trail there. Glad to hear that Aus has worked well for you too!

In terms of planning, I've booked the main flights between here and Madrid, and booked to go to the Confraternity workshop in March (as well as ordering a pilgrim record).

Anything else that needs expenditure (train tickets, gear etc.) has to wait until the new year, but for now I'm having fun thinking about it, being both excited and daunted.

It would be great to keep in touch as the planning unfolds!

Thanks falcon for the advice. I'll buy myself some gear for Christmas. Blessings and seasons greetings to you.

I have just received two very exciting parcels - John Brierleys 2013 edition of Camino de Santiago and my Keen Targhee 2 hiking boots. Now I can start training in earnest. I have been walking up to 15km in my running shoes so it will be interesting to break in these boots. The book looks to be very thorough.

I have a brother and sister-in-law in Madrid who have said they will join me on (some of?) my Camino. How good it will be to have Spanish speakers around! I am trying to learn some through Babbel (online) but am not sure how useful that will be.

It is lovely to have contact with others who may be on the road at some time and I hope we all meet up somewhere some day! Enjoy dreaming and preparing.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hoping to leave Brisbane around the 7th September 2013, just trying to figure out dates and timing. I have started to get the basics together, but obsessed with reading everything I can find on walking the Camino France. Training has started and have joined a trekking group to get a bit of experience. It's terrifying but the excitement out weighs my fear, some days I wish I was starting earlier and others not sure what I am thinking - I think I just need to start walking.

It's great to hear about the boots and the book, Mary!

Yesterday I received my pilgrim record and other documentation from the Confraternity here, with the first stamp in place. This, even more than booking the flights, makes it seem like the pilgrimage is 'real' -- and in fact already underway even if the main portion is in 8.5 months time :)

Enjoy the preparation!

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back