• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Out of the Texas Heat to the Camino Frances in September

dustylee

Hi. I am from Austin, Texas & am planning on walking a portion of the camino frances (beginning in O Cebreiro to Finisterre) in September. Dates are not finalized, but I have already started packing (at least in my mind). I am reading everything I can locate & am a bit obsessed at this time. Right now my biggest concern is how to get to O Cebreiro from Madrid & am thinking that I don't want to go into Santiago until the end, but that may be the most practical way to get to my starting point. I always prefer traveling alone with my camera & my mind free, but this will be much more intense that my previous travels so I am anxious to experience it. Any recommendations are welcome!
Dusty

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi Dusty,
Good luck with your plans! I am hoping to be on the road in September, I knwo you like to travel alone but do give me a wave! :D
Jason UK

I am looking forward to having the chance to meet & walk with different people--even tho I like to travel alone, I definitely love the encounters that happen along the road. So I hope we run into each other (I will be the one walking at a snail's pace, but enjoying all the scenery).

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Howdy neighbor! I'm from Texas too! :) Buen Camino & good luck planning your trip! If you want, check out my blog for info from Sarria-Santiago.

Not sure about this, but you may be able to take a train or bus from Leon & make a connection to O'C. When I took the train from Leon to Sarria, it went through many of the same towns before it went through the mountains.

Kelly

Hey Dusty,
Maybe this is the reason we may be on the road at the same time, a snails pace? maybe I have been put on the road to prove thta even a snail gets to win the race some days :D
Boy am I slow :oops:
Its a rare beaytiful sunny morning here in Staffordshire so I am off dfor a training walk :shock:
All the best
J

The most direct way is the Alsa Bus which goes from Madrid to Piedrafita O'Cebreiro (about 5km from O’Cebreiro).
From MADRID EST.SUR to PIEDRAFITA O CEBREIRO there are 3 buses a day that leave from the city and the airport. 00h30 09h15 10h30 They take about 5.5 hours and cost ± 30 euro

http://www.alsa.es/

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings to all. I posted a few days ago stating that I will begin my first Camino in St. Jean-pied-de-Port on 29 August and that I will take it slow and steady to Santiago de Compostela...
Hi I just joined and will be doing a solo walk from SJPP to Finisterre in May Jun 2025... long time to go yet but VV excited ... will be finalising dates and flights from Canberra as soon as...
On the Camino Del Norte. Surprised by the amount of pilgrims. Many mature pilgrims, like myself with a few Caminos under their belt, mostly appear to be staying in hotels. If staying in hotels be...
Hello Pilgrims, I am Brendan an Australian Scot. I am new to the forum, but not new to the Camino. On Tuesday May 28 I will start on my seventh Camino the Norte from San Sebastián. I will try and...
I am looking for people who want to walk the camino del norte in may 2025 - starting from Irun, Bilbao or another place. Nice to hear from you.
For those of you who are using the ATM colour chart. One bank is suggested at less than 2 Euro when in fact was 4.50 Euro per withdrawal

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back