• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OzAnnie's Camino de Madrid -- March 2018

Oh kinky you are probably right. This refers to the “right side of the canal” vs the “left side of the canal” issue? I remember the confusion but not the resolution. You wouldn’t know about the problems of aging memories. ;)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi Camino Madrid peregrinos
I decided after yesterday’s walk that I won’t do the last etape from Santervás de campos to Sahagún as legs want a break before I start the Invierno. So I won’t be able to report on the exit from Arenillas de Valderaduey. We were all to go separate directions in Sahagún regardless. So Jill has set off today on foot and no doubt when she get back home will get back on the forum. Now there @jsalt is an organized peregrina. I so much enjoyed the company of the few forum members on camino Madrid.
I caught a drive to Sahagún this morning and have my ticket to Ponferrada for 2pm. E17.
Should be there at 4.15pm.
I’ll have to crank myself up again there to set off.
This last 2 weeks has gone so fast.
@KinkyOne sorry about the double up photos- The post just wasn’t posting. Not sure how to get rid of the double ups once uploaded.
The albergue in Santervás was good. We had it all to ourselves. The heating and hot water didn’t come on at first so I had a cold shower at 6.20pm and then mentioned being ‘frio’ to Emilio (the Hospitalero). He set to contacting whoever the experts were and the other girls enjoyed a lovely hot shower. Bathroom has heating - warm as toast once it’s working. Heating throughout.
Actually on this camino ., I didn’t experience one cold albergue. They leave heating on all night. You end up warmas toast. Blankets here too.
The bar served a lovely menu del dia -

Buen Camino to those following.
Annie

Edit: The drive was sort of taxi and quoted E25 to Sahagún. 2 of us shared the taxi.
The lady (Elena ) actually lives in Ponferrada but is back during vacation in Santervás and was at the bar last night.
OzAnnie...for some reason I only just spotted your posts. I am off to walk the Madrid early June, so your info is just great!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.