Pamplona Bus question

NCfishboy

Jun 5, 2012
I have totally confused myself, granted thats not very hard, happens often and I should be used to it. I have been reading over several posts and decided to try to get the ALSA bus from pamplona to SJPDP at 14:00. Now that part that confused me is where do you get your ticket and on the bus in relation to the airport? Do you take a cab to a bus station or what? Less than 3 weeks and the worry factor is setting in.

Thanks.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

anniethenurse

Veteran Member
Mar 8, 2009
Sweden
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances.Vasco del Interior.Camino Finisterre& Muxia. Camino Portugues. Ruta del Ebro.
I have totally confused myself, granted thats not very hard, happens often and I should be used to it. I have been reading over several posts and decided to try to get the ALSA bus from pamplona to SJPDP at 14:00. Now that part that confused me is where do you get your ticket and on the bus in relation to the airport? Do you take a cab to a bus station or what? Less than 3 weeks and the worry factor is setting in.

Thanks.
In Pamplona you can buy the ticket (from Pamplona to Sjpp) from the bus driver.I do not know if it is possible to buy it in advance online. You cannot buy it at the bus station in advance, only from the bus driver.

At the Pamplona bus station find out which bus stop is the one to Sjpp and line up there about 15- 30 min before if you can. There is an information office and they will help you if needed. The bus station is under the street level.

You can take a taxi from the airport if would like to. It is much easier of course, saves time and you don't have to worry. About 20-25 euros. (I have done that about a week ago).

Anything else you are wondering? I spent 3 nights in Pamplona and now I am in Sarria.

Buen Camino!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999, now living in Santiago de C
Oct 15, 2012
Santiago de Compostela
egeria.house
First: Camino Francés 1999
Last: Santiago - Muxia 2019

Now: http://egeria.house/
... decided to try to get the ALSA bus from pamplona to SJPDP at 14:00. Now that part that confused me is where do you get your ticket and on the bus in relation to the airport? Do you take a cab to a bus station or what? ...

The bus station is in the centre of Pamplona, the airport is 6km away. You can take a cab (expensive) or simply take the bus into Pamplona Centro (~2 Euro). Buen Camino, SY

anniethenurse

Veteran Member
Mar 8, 2009
Sweden
Camino Frances.Vasco del Interior.Camino Finisterre& Muxia. Camino Portugues. Ruta del Ebro.
A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.

nreyn12

Jan 17, 2009
Spain & San Francisco Bay Area
www.thecaminoexperience.com
Walked (2005) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010) (2011) (2012) (2013) (2014) (2015); Guide 2013-2016
The bus to the city center doesn't actually go to the airport, at least it didn't in April this year. You have to walk out to the main road, cross, and find the bus stop. The simpler solution would be to get a taxi directly to the bus station; about 12 euros. Just tell the driver 'Estacion de Autobus.' It is a common destination.

As of July, you could buy your bus ticket for Pamplona to SJPP at the Alsa/Conda ticket window, but NOT on the bus.

Starting in three weeks...what day do you arrive in Pamplona, NCfishboy? I might see you there!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

HumbleWalk

Dec 21, 2012
walked September 2012 and Jul/Aug 2013
In addition of the above info as to where to buy ticket at the bus station, there is also a ticket machine close to the counters where you can buy ticket easily (in English, Spanish etc.), very user friendly. Do not worry when you see ALSA on it, you can buy ticket for CONDA bus also. I bought one there after worrying about whether or not any counter will be open, and especially whether or not they will understand what ticket I wanted (I don’t speak enough Spanish). On one occasion I tried to buy a ticket and the person behind the counter refused to help as it was not the time yet until a passing bus driver told him (I think) to help me and luckily he gave me the correct ticket. Trust me, the machine saved my life! Buen Camino!

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, I am 16 days out from "boots on the ground" on the Frances route. As I am a solo female pilgrim My family wants to be able to find me any time day or night as I make my way across Spain...
We arrived in Santiago and after searching ways to get back to Pamplona it worked out easier to hire a car . It would mean picking the car up from Santiago airport and leaving it at a hotel in...
I was trying to buy an Alsa bus ticket on-line to take us from Pamplona to SJPDP. It ask for a "document" and document number? Passport isn't mentioned and it wont let me make a purchase without...
Madrid Albergue near airport? I will be going on to Irun/San Sebastian. With thanks, fondly sandi
Some news that was posted on Facebook by Johnnie Walker which I'm sure he won't mind my repeating here. Not sure who his informant was. The post was quite long but I'll just repost it here in...
hello - Does anyone have a suggested app that i can both track my progress along the route and share real time location? i know how to share real time on google maps but. or route progress. thank you!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides