• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

perfect for the Camino

RJM

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino's Frances, Fisterre, Portuges. Over 180 day
Looks like they developed the perfect piece of clothing for walking the Camino. Should be the solution for pilgrims and potential pilgrims who come to this forum asking about what to wear, will it be too cold, what if it rains, what if it is hot, suppose it snows, what if I am hit by lightning etc.
My understanding is that the color of the garment was actually scientifically designed to repel bedbugs as well. A critter that receives a lot of text time on this forum.
:cool:

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
A selection of Camino Jewellery
hey...don't be a spoiler too soon (and you call yourself "theatre" gal), ha ha
I was wondering how many fish would eat the bait.
What?! I meant...it's Easter :):) True...I of all people should not give away the magic. This gave me such a great laugh this morning and I just know (April 1 or not), REI will get orders.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
I plan to make my own clothes. This suit is so inspirational. All these zippers! Someone must have been very busy stitching those. And what's not to love when it comes to stitching zippers, and velcro too?

You may be laughing now, but give it 5 years and this will be the new normal.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Looks like they developed the perfect piece of clothing for walking the Camino. Should be the solution for pilgrims and potential pilgrims who come to this forum asking about what to wear, will it be too cold, what if it rains, what if it is hot, suppose it snows, what if I am hit by lightning etc.
My understanding is that the color of the garment was actually scientifically designed to repel bedbugs as well. A critter that receives a lot of text time on this forum.

Thanks for making me smile!

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.

Hysterical!!!!

No. Perhaps for some other people, but for me no. I was a bit tempted when the presenter was able to pack the suit into a case the size of a pill box, but even if this is not a joke - sorry NO.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Scrutinizing the design, it appears there is a serious flaw: While the suit features a fast mode to relieve yourself from the front, it doesn’t seem to have an equal quick-release option on the backside –if you know what I mean. Considering how pulpo and (too much and too bad) vino tinto can affect your intestines, this would be an additional feature, that could come in very handy.

Sent the video to my teacher from the sewing course. Am looking forward to her expert opinion...... should I try this?

:cool::cool:

Thanks for the good laugh!

Sorry my friend, but bedbugs are not repelled by color, though i must say, the color does repel me!
Buen Camino to you wearing this outfit...we will know you when we see you!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Wow!
Ingenious!
How much do you think they will retail for?
Maybe Ivar can stock them for us ;)

Sent the video to my teacher from the sewing course. Am looking forward to her expert opinion...... should I try this?

:cool::cool:

Been to sewing class this week and had a big chuckle about the video with the teacher. She started as a seamstress half a century ago, so she could tell me one or two things, and boy she did! The video becomes even funnier because of it.
Since I do not look forward to sitting on any zipper, I'm planning to make everyday trousers that I can shorten to capri's with a very visible zipper below the knee. The devil is as ever in the many details, for instance we must remember to keep the slider on the outside, and on the lower part that you zip off, else both sliders hit each other or they pinch you in the flesh when you walk. Once you are aware of it, it seems so obvious - the poor man in the video with all his ventilation has the sliders on the inside of his legs and arms .... have pity and never believe that these glamorous supermodels lead an easy life! :cool::cool:

Thanks again for posting! a little fun can go a long way ....

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum

I’m leaving soon for CP and again attempted to use what’s app without success. I was trying to call a hotel in Spain, it just rings but nothing else. A few years ago I tried using in within Spain...
I realize every ounce matters when carrying backpack and not shipping luggage ahead. However, I know that the Spaniards are big into meat and potatoes, and not so much produce. I am thinking of...
Hola, I gearing up to start my 1st CdS and have seen people recommended sleeping bag liners to protect against bed bugs. Do these help or is it a myth? Should I add the extra weight of bringing one?
I’ve been stressing about charging my devices, so just want to make sure. I have this 4port Powered USB hub which I’m connecting to an adapter to fit European (at least Spain, since I know it...
So I have heard common wisdom is to bring a silk liner for your Camino (+/- a sleeping bag depending on your preference and season). Specifically regarding silk liners, all of the ones I've...
Michael @wisepilgrim had mentioned a new feature that he was developing for Wise Pilgrim, and it looks like it is now in operation. You can check the app and see in real time how many beds are...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.