• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Phoenix - Paris new route

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Whaaat? Music to my ears. I hope it’s a long(ish) term deal and not just a temporary one leading up to the Olympics. Whatever, will check that out tout de suite ! 🤙

So many issues going thru CDG airport. Suggest you avoid at all costs. Lost luggage, missed connections and long delays due to airport strikes. Have heard this story 10+times in the last few months…

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Most likely not any different from many other airports. Can't vouch for last couple of months but never had any issues with CdG.
As seems to be the trend of folks on this board - no check-in luggage (travel only with your backpack that fits into overhead bin) and at least 50% split on further transportation (yes fly to Biarritz but then there are those who take train either from CdG proper or Gare de Montparnasse) - 2 out of 3 (and possibly the 3rd one "long delays due to...") may not even apply.
Also, as I have stated in one of previous threads - if anyone ever flew to JFK...why, you dont even HAVE to have a strike going on...
We have nothing to fear but fear itself!
Buen Camino All Y'all

Last edited:
I forget that there are so many wonderful place names in the US. Your headline had me pondering what old route had been discovered and been resurrected from Paris to Santiago!!

So many issues going thru CDG airport. Suggest you avoid at all costs. Lost luggage, missed connections and long delays due to airport strikes. Have heard this story 10+times in the last few months…
To give balance, my wife and I transited through CDG last year on our way to Lisbon. It clearly suffers from aging security infrastructure at the gates, but otherwise, we had no problems at the time we passed through and our luggage arrived at our destination. There was a short delay because the servicing aircraft was delayed elsewhere on its previous leg.

I don't think it would be uncommon to hear more bad news stories about this, but people are more likely to share those than the far less interesting tales of how everything went well! And on this, sharing one's experience is far more credible than re-telling something where one cannot confirm what happened, when and perhaps why.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, I am 16 days out from "boots on the ground" on the Frances route. As I am a solo female pilgrim My family wants to be able to find me any time day or night as I make my way across Spain...
We arrived in Santiago and after searching ways to get back to Pamplona it worked out easier to hire a car . It would mean picking the car up from Santiago airport and leaving it at a hotel in...
I was trying to buy an Alsa bus ticket on-line to take us from Pamplona to SJPDP. It ask for a "document" and document number? Passport isn't mentioned and it wont let me make a purchase without...
Madrid Albergue near airport? I will be going on to Irun/San Sebastian. With thanks, fondly sandi
Some news that was posted on Facebook by Johnnie Walker which I'm sure he won't mind my repeating here. Not sure who his informant was. The post was quite long but I'll just repost it here in...
hello - Does anyone have a suggested app that i can both track my progress along the route and share real time location? i know how to share real time on google maps but. or route progress. thank you!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.