• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Photo tips (all kinds of cameras) from COOPH

Fritz

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances SJPDP- Muxia (2013)
Frances San Sebastian-Bilbao-Belarado-SDC (2016)
Frances SJPDP(2020)
Hi all, this popped in my email this week and I thought it was very helpful and might help anyone thinking of taking photos during their Camino. Some of the suggestions include more gear than most would take on the Camino (not sure I want to lug a tripod <grin>) but other ideas are terrific, for an iPhone, point and shoot, or a DSLR.

Disclaimer: I have no connection to COOPH. Just liked the tips here.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Interesting and thank you for the post but a tripod, laptop, extra hard drives, a sling etc!!. It is a bit over the top. I have walked around 9,000km in the last four years, 8000 km of them with a nikon d80 dslr and zoom lens. Total weight 1.2kg I use a optech harness and sometimes a good quality gorilla pod. The camera is with me all the time and the harness means I don't find the weight (I might look a bit ridiculous).
Dermot

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Wow! That was such a great video! Very inspiring and with a few tips I would never have thought of. Thanks heaps

Most read last week in this forum