• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Photos and experience from Camino Frances

slippy

Since I can see that a lot of people here still hesitate whether to go or not to go, I decided to share my experience. Year ago I started to plan my Camino and finally I got to Saint Jean Pied de Port just after my graduation exam (in the age of 19). Yes, I was not sure what kind of experience it would be, but I was pretty sure, that I wanted to try it. Finally, I spent 30 days walking from Saint Jean to Finisterra and I am still excited about this experience. It was such a wonderful time! You have nothing to do but to go to Santiago - no worries, just wonderful nature and people. I´ve never been so open-minded and satisfed. I think that Camino is wonderful experience for anyone and I wanted to recommend you - just do it. It will affect you in so many ways and you´ll change your mind definitely. When I reached Finisterra, I was decided to go to another pilgrimages - next year I am going to Rome and the year after to Jerusalem. If you want to see, how does the way look like, here is link of galery of my photos from Camino
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 9370160992

Good luck and buen Camino!

P.S. right now I am applied to a competition of student projects which could cover my expenses for pilgrimage to Rome and Jerusalem. If you want to support me, you can send me a vote on https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ladislav ... 3643785772 by clicking on "dát hlas" (to give a vote).
Thank you

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi Slippy

Your photos are brilliant - thanks for sharing them. 30 days is impressive as well! When did you walk the Camino? You'll love Jerusalem. There's definitely nowhere on Earth like it!

Keith

Hi Keith!

thank you so much for your compliment :). I started on June 4th. I am pretty looking forward to Jerusalem pilgrimage! I hope that I am going to experience all the goodness of local people - I´ve heard so much about it... Have you ever done this pilgrimage? I would feel grateful for any information - especially about the track (I plan to pass by Syria, not to go to Lebanon and enter Israel as close to Jerusalem as possible, beause I heard that it is not very welcoming country...)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I have been to Jerusalem (twice), not by walking. I would highly recommend that if you do walk, go through Syria and Lebanon. Middle eastern hospitality is one of the most amazing things you will ever experience. Both countries have much history and if you are going to walk to Jerusalmem, you have to go through them...that being said, depending on which country you are from, etc...you may not be able to get into Israel with stamps from Syria and Lebanon on your passport. I would do some research and check into this before you go. I know that with an Israel stamp on my passport, I cannot get into Lebanon or Syria. There are other countries that also will not let you in with an Israel stamp, so again, do some research.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

My friend is trying to figure out bookings/lodging. She started in SJPDP Friday, ended up walking the Winter route to Roncesvalles in one day, only to find no bed so bused back to SJPDP to sleep...
A message has just been posted on the Facebook account of the albergue in Roncesvalles. It seems the combination of pilgrim numbers beyond their capacity and poor weather has made this a difficult...
Hello everyone, This is a cry for help. I post this on behalf of my wife, who is walking the camino at the moment. Her backpack was taken away from the reception of the albergue Benedictina's...
I’m on the Camino Frances since April 4. I just finished the Meseta and it feels unpleasantly busy and has since the beginning. No time time to smell the roses or draw much. There is a sense from...
The group running the albergue in the ruins of the San Anton monastery near Castrojeriz have announced that the albergue and the ruins will be closed from 1 May until the ruins have been made...
Hello, I'll be starting the Camino soon and there's one bit of it that worries me. The descent from Collado de Lepoeder to Roncesvalles seems quite steep (according to the Wise Pilgrim app) which...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back