• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pilgrim Novice!

melanie

Hi

I've just been introduced to this site by my friend David who has walked the walk. I am yet to do it. My prayer is to sell my business and then come walking before I set out on my new venture.....hopefully sometime this year.

I do like the idea of walking alone and perhaps one of the less popular walks. I'm an all or nothing kinda gal and if I'm gonna do it, I would like it to be just me and God.

Anyway hopefully tal again.

God bless

Melanie

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hola Melanie,

Good fortune in it working well for you. The right camino for you to walk is there ready for you when you are.

Buen Camino

Paolo

Welcome Melanie.

I do like the idea of walking alone and perhaps one of the less popular walks.

Suggestion: check out the Camino Aragones, Melanie, starting at Somport, it is one of the less travelled ones, as well as the second historic Camino, after the Primitivo, on/by, the Pyrenees, with lots of Camino-realated history/art/awesome views/tranquility.

Best 8)

xm

PS:

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I would second xm's suggestion of the Camino Aragones. If you are travelling from the UK, Pau has good aeroplane links. Four or five days' walking takes you into Spain and the crossing of the Pyrenees is fairly relaxed-- no Alpine work necessary.

Jaca is a fascinating city, and San Juan de la Pena, justifiably a World Heritage Site, not to be missed.

The infrastructure is decent, with intimate and friendly albergues. The only limitation is that water supplies between villages can be minimal and you should allow for that. You will not likely meet more than one or two dozen peregrinos at each stop, so you will not be overwhelmed by humanity. Most of the peregrinos I met were French or Spanish, with the occasional German, USian or Canadian.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.