• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pilgrims from Ireland group?

HediS

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2018 September
I have been looking all over Facebook, but could not find an actual group for pilgrims traveling from IRELAND 🇮🇪 (whether Irish or just living there) All I could find is the Camino Society of Ireland page, but not what I'm looking for.
Is there a group for pilgrims from Ireland do you know? It would be so useful to discuss travel plans, meeting on the trail, shopping for gear and so on. Please let me know if there is a group like that. 😊

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
We just met a group of women traveling from Ireland. We are in Leon right now at Hospitalera Pax. They just got in a taxi and we think they were on their way home.

Is there a group for pilgrims from Ireland do you know? It would be so useful to discuss travel plans, meeting on the trail, shopping for gear and so on. Please let me know if there is a group like that. 😊
Hi
You might contact @Kirkie from this forum.

It is my understanding that there is a Camino Information Centre, situated in St James's church, Dublin.

Kirkie has written in a previous thread:
“There is a small side chapel, and some members come each time, other people are random. There is a shell just outside the little chapel, same as on the streets in Pamplona, and elsewhere.”

Good luck & buen camino

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I am from Dublin (Fairview) and have walked the Camino 6 times. I am heading back in June for my 7th. So I supose I have lots of tips and experience. Contact me at: [Email address removed by moderator as per policy. Please contact by DM] if you wish to have a chat.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been looking all over Facebook, but could not find an actual group for pilgrims traveling from IRELAND 🇮🇪 (whether Irish or just living there) All I could find is the Camino Society of Ireland page, but not what I'm looking for.
Hi HediS
I'm not aware of any Facebook type group specifically for Irish/ireland based people. As others have pointed out, the Camino Society of Ireland does have an info centre which is staffed by volunteers (Th/Fri/Sat 10:30-15:30) - they would certainly be happy to share their experience and give lots of info on the routes.
The society also has regular walks (usually monthly) for members where you can meet other members who generally have a camino either in their past or future!
Failing that I guess you could try to appeal via existing Facebook groups.

As a matter of interest, what aspect of the Society doesn't appeal to you? (Genuine question, I'm a member and volunteer myself and we are always trying to ensure that we are meeting a need for members and for pilgrims in general. Thanks in advance..)

That's what I was wondering if there is an ONLINE (Facebook) group for general chats. I know they have a Camino Society and a "place" in Dublin. Or random groups walking. Just found lots of AMERICAN groups, but would be useful to have a group for people traveling from Ireland and sharing where they buy gear and do on.....

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi HediS
I'm not aware of any Facebook type group specifically for Irish/ireland based people. As others have pointed out, the Camino Society of Ireland does have an info centre which is staffed by volunteers (Th/Fri/Sat 10:30-15:30) - they would certainly be happy to share their experience and give lots of info on the routes.
The society also has regular walks (usually monthly) for members where you can meet other members who generally have a camino either in their past or future!
Failing that I guess you could try to appeal via existing Facebook groups.

As a matter of interest, what aspect of the Society doesn't appeal to you? (Genuine question, I'm a member and volunteer myself and we are always trying to ensure that we are meeting a need for members and for pilgrims in general. Thanks in advance..)
It is not that I do t like the Society, that is not the issue, the society is different from S group of random people chatting and sharing online from all over Ireland. Not necessarily needing experience from people that have DONE the camino, like the experienced people in the society. Now if they had a GROUP I would happily join. But they only have a page.

Now if they had a GROUP I would happily join. But they only have a page.

I'm not sure what you mean by a group, but we have a large membership and have regular meet ups for walks and other camino related events. We are always looking for new members as well as willing volunteers, and you are very welcome to join..

I'm not sure what you mean by a group, but we have a large membership and have regular meet ups for walks and other camino related events. We are always looking for new members as well as willing volunteers, and you are very welcome to join..
I mean like a Facebook group, where to chat online, share and ask for advice. (maybe I'm weird but I'm not keen on ingperson meetings, I'd rather be online). As there are a lot Of Camino groups for other parts of the world but none for Ireland. Would be great if there was one

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
You can be the one to start the group!
It's really quite easy to do, but I suggest it should be a private group so that you don't get a lot of spammers and negative people. If you create the group you can set the rules.

You can be the one to start the group!
It's really quite easy to do, but I suggest it should be a private group so that you don't get a lot of spammers and negative people. If you create the group you can set the rules.
I was actually thinking that :D :D

I was actually thinking that :D :D
If you need any help setting up a group let me know. For me, they key is to have prospective members answer questions to be approved for the group. I add one question that bots probably won't answer correctly.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi

I created a group a few years ago but I never did anything with it. I was too busy with the Via de la Plata group which started to get busy at that time.

The URL is https://www.facebook.com/groups/irishpilgrimsonthecamino/

If you'd like to take over this group you're very welcome. I've been running the Via group for about 5 years now so I can help with set up and advice.

Gerald

hey! hopefully doing the camino portugues coastal route in mid/late august and would be very interested in an irish group too. i'm usually based in dublin (moved for college, originally from galway) but will be working out of the country for the summer so unfortunately the society in St James's is also a no-go for me at the moment, though i'll definitely give it a look when i'm back. would be grateful to hear of any update! :)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.