• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Pilgrims Passport in Santo Domingo La Calzada

LouER

Hello,

I am walking the Camino in stages, last time I got as far as Santo Domingo La Calzada and will be starting the Camino again from there at the end of June. Unfortunately in the process of moving house I have misplaced my Piligrims passport. Is there anywhere in Santo Domingo La Calzada where I can get a new one? If so, can I just turn up, or do I need to bring anything with me?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Lou

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
I'm not sure if they will have a supply of credenciales in Santo Domingo - how are you intending to get there as there may be somewhere where you can more reliably get a credencial?

Re: Pilgrims Passport in Santo Domingo de la Calzada

According to the information on the Pilgrims Office in Santiago webpage there is a way to obtain the credentials in Santo Domingo:
http://peregrinossantiago.es/eng/prepar ... es-espana/

Asociación de Amigos del Camino de Santiago de Santo Domingo de la Calzada
C/ Mayor nº 70 bajo (Casa de Cultura Enrique II de Trastámara)
26250 Santo Domingo de la Calzada
LA RIOJA
Tlf:941 34 12 30

Maybe better to call them and check the opening hours.
annie

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I would just get one through your country's confraternity. Usually you can call or go online and order one for a donation.

The last time I was in Santa Domingo I saw a pilgrim ink a chicken's foot and then have it walk on his credential. It was so cool !!! A special chicken sello in the chicken city !

Also, if you find a chicken feather in the cathedral in St. Domingo, you will have good luck. It's totally true. They even have chickens in the cathedral to prove it.

Most read last week in this forum