Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Places to stay Galicia

Pieces

Veteran Member
After a short detour to the Portuguese I have now changed my planeticket for the last time. (I bet EasyJet is writing me a thank you note at this minute for wasting my money like that). So injury or not I will try my luck with the primitivo and if worst comes to worst make my way to either the French or the Northern route (probably the french as is my impression it has albergues more frequent than the northern).

I have now a list of Taxis until Grandes de Salima, but not being too good with spanish would like help for the remainder of the route:

Fonsagrada
O Cadabo
Lugo
Palas de Rei

also, I have a list of acommodation and it looks good from Oviedo to Castro. Aftaer Castro and untill Palas de Rei where they become more frequent again I have noted the following:

Castro
Fonsagrada
Padron
O Cadabo
Castro Verde
Lugo
San Roman de Retorta
Palas de Rei

Can anyone confirm these are all in existence ?

Also would anyone know of any accomodation (hotels, guesthouses, rooms, anything really) on or close to the camino for this stretch that I have not listed?

and/or any kind of service picking up and dropping off on the camino going to acomodation and back to camino?

Last but not least, does anyone know where on this stretch it is better to cut across to another camino if i give in ?

Pieces

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi Pieces,
There is some info on this thread on the forum Accomodation on Camino Primitivo
Typing albergues Camino Primitivo etc onto the site search box might show other links too.

One other point to note is that although there are buses along some parts of the route there are none between Grandes and Fonsagrada (approx 26kms), only taxi if you need it. We don't have tel numbers but the info is up to date.

Pension Manola (tel 982 34 04 08) in Fonsagrada is helpful. There are others also along the Way listed in the Camino guide book from the CSJ in England.
Buen Camino
Tia Valeria

Thanks Tia

I actually think i do have all the albergues, I was looking for alternatives on the etapas where there was very far between these, but maybe there just is non...

but very good tip on the buses didn't realise this :p

These places I used are already on the forum:-

Grado - Hotel* Auto bar, Florez Estrada, 29 Tel. 985 75 1127. Almost going out of town on the far side from Oviedo, opposite petrol pumps / bus stop.
Cornellana - Possibilities here but no up to date info.
Salas - Hotel* Hotel Soto Behind church above bank. Tel 935 83 00 37
La Espina Pension Dakar 985 83 70 62. N.B. No heating and damp bed in very wet weather in May 2010! Should be O.K. in warmer conditions. Menu del Dia worth having.
Tineo Pension ** Pension Tineo Behind El Arbol supermarket. Owner is to be found at Restaurante Bar Tineo Tel.985 800 710. Can highly recommend this one. Shining new with super efficient heating!
Campiello Private 'Casa Rural'. Casa Herminia Tel. 985 800 011. About 11 kilometers from Tineo.
Pola de Allande Hotel* Nueva Allendesa Tel. 985 80 70 27
Grandas de Salime Pension A Reigada
Hotel** Labarra Tel.985 62 71 96
Fonsagrada Hospedaje Cantabrico Tel. 982 35 00 35
Cadavo Hotel* Hotel Moneda Tel. 982 35 52 05
Lugo Hotel Hotel Espana Tel. 982 23 15 40
Mosterio Pension Casa da Ponte tel 982 21 45 80 (or 982 18 30 77) Excellent breakfast available if booked.

Blessings
Tio Tel

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

We are arriving in Madrid on May 5th. I went online today to purchase train tickets to Oviedo and it doesn't show any train service. Does that mean the trains are sold out? Or maybe some other...
Hi, has anyone walked the Primitivo in mid-October? What was it like? Weather, tracks and accommodation? I plan to walk from Oviedo to Lugo only, then bus to Santiago after. Thanks for your input.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back