• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Planning to Walk the Camino Frances in May 2023

Molly Cassidy

Travelling light
Time of past OR future Camino
Starting May 2023 from St Jean Pied de Port
So, I was planning to walk in May 2020, but stuff got in the way.

In the meantime, I've taken a Master's degree (which I will finish this June) and am hoping to have a work placement as an English language teaching assistant in Spain from September this year.

After the end of the academic year, I plan to walk the Camino Frances before returning to Greece, where I have taken up residence.

At the moment my intended start date is 27th May, but that could change.

Hope to meet some of you along the way.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

In the meantime, I've taken a Master's degree (which I will finish this June) and am hoping to have a work placement as an English language teaching assistant in Spain from September this year.

After the end of the academic year, I plan to walk the Camino Frances before returning to Greece, where I have taken up residence.

Hey Molly, I'll be hiking most of May as well but plan on starting around the end of April. Good luck and if you start early i'll hopefully see you out there.

Drew

Your heading says May 2023. Is this correct? Or do you mean 2022?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Sorry if there was confusion. Maybe I’m posting in the wrong place. I’ll pay more attention. Thank you!
No I don't think you are posting in the wrong place--you are fine. I think everyone is eager to be walking! Maybe just specify in the body of the message you are in the early planning stages for 2023. We all are looking forward to hearing about what details you learn!
BTW, congrats on your Master's and the interesting life coming your way!

No I don't think you are posting in the wrong place--you are fine. I think everyone is eager to be walking! Maybe just specify in the body of the message you are in the early planning stages for 2023. We all are looking forward to hearing about what details you learn!
BTW, congrats on your Master's and the interesting life coming your way!
I think this may be meant for another poster. I think the original poster was working on her masters. I did mine 9 years ago. Never again for me :)

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Hi Molly, first of all congratulations on taking your Masters. My daughter and I were all booked to walk in 2020 when our flights were all cancelled and we had intended walking this May but with this virus still causing so many issues we decided a few weeks ago to cancel and wait until 2023. We will either start end April or beg of May depending on flights and then starting from SJPDP up to Orisson for the first nights stay so maybe we will see you along the way. Good luck with your studies and new teaching job in Spain! 😊

Hi Molly, first of all congratulations on taking your Masters. My daughter and I were all booked to walk in 2020 when our flights were all cancelled and we had intended walking this May but with this virus still causing so many issues we decided a few weeks ago to cancel and wait until 2023. We will either start end April or beg of May depending on flights and then starting from SJPDP up to Orisson for the first nights stay so maybe we will see you along the way. Good luck with your studies and new teaching job in Spain! 😊
Thanks. The whole pandemic has been a time of great upheaval for me. Mostly in a good way. :)

I lost all my work on 14th March 2020 and went to stay with my parents in Greece. This summer my neighbour in Ireland's parents offered to buy my house, so I've sold up and will be moving permanently to Greece when I finish my degree.

Maybe I'll see you somewhere. I'll be walking very slowly, so probably you'll be way ahead of me.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi @Molly Cassidy and everyone, I'm keen to walk the CF from SJPP starting end April or early May 2023 too. Taking two months to poke along and Orisson on the first night as per @WhiteLotus. I turn the big Five-Oh in 2023 so this is a journey for adventure, reflection, pushing myself out of my comfort zone and self discovery. I love to research, so reading books on the Camino, this forum, learning a bit of Spanish, going for walks and watching YouTube and movies on the Camino brings me much joy. Hopefully I see you there - will we wistfully compare our excited and energetic pre-Camino selves with our plodding and tired actual-Camino selves?!

Hi @Molly Cassidy and everyone, I'm keen to walk the CF from SJPP starting end April or early May 2023 too. Taking two months to poke along and Orisson on the first night as per @WhiteLotus. I turn the big Five-Oh in 2023 so this is a journey for adventure, reflection, pushing myself out of my comfort zone and self discovery. I love to research, so reading books on the Camino, this forum, learning a bit of Spanish, going for walks and watching YouTube and movies on the Camino brings me much joy. Hopefully I see you there - will we wistfully compare our excited and energetic pre-Camino selves with our plodding and tired actual-Camino selves?!
I'm also panning to take about 8 weeks. I planned it all in 2020. I'm setting out when I am to time my arrival with the (eve of) the feast of St James.

Good luck with the planning.

Good luck! At the moment my plan is to depart between May 29-31st depending on flights. Good luck to you! I have a Master's degree in English! I teach AP Literature and AP Language in high school and I teach a course of ENGL 1101 at a local college!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back