• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Plantagenet Way / Chemin Anglais

Thornley

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances x 2 , Norte x 2 , Le Puy x 3 , Portuguese x 2,
Mont St Michel , Primitivo .
Could any one advise on the first opportunity to purchase poles when we arrive at Mont St Michel ?

We are walking from the 1st May to at least Bordeaux [750km] but have to return home on 4th June.
We only have carry on luggage and will not be stopping before arriving at Mont from Paris CDG.

If not on first day , is it possible to buy in Fougeres after 3 days?
Have no idea of towns size.

Thanks for any assistance,
David

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
It's been a few years, but I seem to recall an outdoors store on the first level of Mont St Michel.

David,

This is not an ad but just my recommendation to shop in a Decathlon sporting goods store for your poles. Here's a Google map link showing those near Mont Saint Michel.

Margaret

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Could any one advise on the first opportunity to purchase poles when we arrive at Mont St Michel ?

We are walking from the 1st May to at least Bordeaux [750km] but have to return home on 4th June.
We only have carry on luggage and will not be stopping before arriving at Mont from Paris CDG.

If not on first day , is it possible to buy in Fougeres after 3 days?
Have no idea of towns size.

Thanks for any assistance,
David

Hello David,
Last year I included Mont Saint Michel to Bordeaux as part of my walk from Wales to Santiago so if I can be of any help I'm here. In my opinion poles are not really necessary, I use them due to a load of metal work in my leg. The steepest hill you will encounter will be walking to the top of the Mont, however they have their uses for dogs etc.
I did not take the Fougeres route but instead a more direct way via Rennes, Nantes, Chantonnay, Surgeres, Pons, Blaye, Cross Gironde to Bordeaux. Shortly after Surgeres you will meet your planned route at St Jean D'Angely. Guide book by Rando see the Bretagne Association web site or CSJ Mont Saint Michel to St Jean D'Angely site.
I was able to stay on the Mont........... sanctuaire.saint.michel@wanadoo.fr ..............Best to reserve only 6 places but a lovely place to start. If I can be of help.

Hello David,
Last year I included Mont Saint Michel to Bordeaux as part of my walk from Wales to Santiago so if I can be of any help I'm here. In my opinion poles are not really necessary, I use them due to a load of metal work in my leg. The steepest hill you will encounter will be walking to the top of the Mont, however they have their uses for dogs etc.
I did not take the Fougeres route but instead a more direct way via Rennes, Nantes, Chantonnay, Surgeres, Pons, Blaye, Cross Gironde to Bordeaux. Shortly after Surgeres you will meet your planned route at St Jean D'Angely. Guide book by Rando see the Bretagne Association web site or CSJ Mont Saint Michel to St Jean D'Angely site.
I was able to stay on the Mont........... sanctuaire.saint.michel@wanadoo.fr ..............Best to reserve only 6 places but a lovely place to start. If I can be of help.

Thanks mate , appreciated
You too Margaret and Kitsamber , will follow up advice.
We have to visit old camino friends who left Holland and purchased and rebuilt a gite near Angers so will go the longer way.
*www.lisle-loire.com Jules and Johan are beautiful people we walked with in 08.
There are towns on this route Her Majesty wishes to visit so i just tag along .............. again.
We give the poles away after every camino , it must stop.

David,

I NEVER give up! See this map for sporting goods shops near Angers.

Bonne chance,

Margaret Meredith

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back