• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Porto April 10

Eliza611

Time of past OR future Camino
February march 2013
Hi all I will be arriving in Porto on April 10 and staying for two nights in the garden hostel anyone else going to be around at that time? Would love to Meet!- Eliza from Oregon

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Eliza,
I'll be a few days behind you. I arrive in Lisbon early 4/1. Probably will wander around for a day and start walking on the 2nd. Figure to be in Porto no earlier than the 15th. Weather and need for Pilgrim company will dictate if I follow coastal route or central from Porto. Either way I figure to be in Santiago around the 25th. Then its on to Muxia and Finisterre. Don't have to fly back to U.S. until May 3rd so I can take my time and smell the roses. Let's hope that the rain they have been experiencing for the past few months breaks and the sun shines on everyone often.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Eliza,
Currently residing in central Ohio. I walked my first Camino last year. Enjoyed the Spanish countryside, history, and people, both local and from around the world, so much that I believe I've acquired an addiction. An addiction so strong that I now have an overwhelming need to explore the world at a pace that for me is best accomplished on foot. The challenge for this addict is to find the required balance to manage time (read family obligations) and funds (read I haven't perfected a way to grow money on trees, and understandably the world's governments don't like us printing our own)

The 30 days I spent walking from SJPP to Santiago from the middle of May to the middle of June were truly life enlightening in so many ways. Too many to articulate in this short reply. I kept a personal journal to capture some of the random stream of consciousness. Not so much for me to remember, as it is burned into my very being, but rather as a way to better communicate with those who express an interest, as well as for those who think I'm crazy and don't understand why. Truth be told, even after almost a year, the emotions of many of my experiences often impact my ability to clearly verbalize the effect the Camino has had for me. Therefore my writing is in a way very cathartic for me.

In short, I've begun to gain a better understanding of myself and the world around me. I say begun because I know I'll always be a work in progress and can learn something every day.

Within 3 months of my return I was planning my next journey. I chose the Portuguese route this time because I desire to experience a new country, and everything I've read about Portugal and its people leads me to believe I'm in for another special time.

Don't know if we will meet on this journey, but if we do I'm confident I will be better for the experience. I wish you only the best. Enjoy every step of the Way. The good ones, the bad ones, and the ugly ones. I assure you there will be many more good ones than any other kind when you go forth with an open heart and mind.

If you encounter a 51 year young guy with a bushy "platinum blond", o.k. grey, goatee, a shaved head, and a goofy smile on his face, don't be afraid. Simply shout out Hey Dozer, and give me a good old O-H-I-O.

Travel safe my friend,

Craig

Sweet,I hope we meet,I am 46 with curly red hair and I have a neon green backpack.-Eliza

Hi Eliza, my brother and I will be walking leaving Porto on about the 18-19 April. If we catch you along the way I'm sure we will say hello. Wish you well.
Bon Camino

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Dear Eliza,

I will come to Porto on 9th of April, I will stay there for one night and start my camino on 10th. Would you like to meet in the morning of 10th of April and have a coffee? I was supposed to do my camino with a friend, but he ditched me yesterday so I am in need of some company :lol:

Let me know,
Best wishes,
Donara :wink:

I would love to but I am arriving on April 10 at 7:15 in the evening… I am also planning on staying on the night of April 11 and beginning my walk on the 12th-Do you have things planned out? I don't at all except that I am going to walk on the coast for the first day only how about you?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi,starting from Tui on May 18th,would love some company,also plan to walk to finister,anybody hoping to do the same?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

One day there was this inner knowledge. After the camino just popped up a couple of times in my universe, I knew: I need to go. Tingling in the spine, a slight nervousness. That usually shows me I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back