• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Portugal Camino May 2022

MikePlumb

Time of past OR future Camino
Hello all. We are planning the Camino this next year the month of May. Lots of planning, scheduling and pre miles to be done.
We are doing the Lisbon Portugal Camino and not certain if it’s Central or Coastal.
move already read a lot of great comments and look forward to picking the experience brains.
Mike and Sue

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I would like to be able to say that I will be joining you but I still need to get both the COVID19 vaccinations sorted (had the first AZ) but then need to get the Aust Govt exit visa. Yep crazy as it sound we Aussies are at present prevented from leaving the country - unless travelling to New Zealand or for work as a professional sports person. Buen Camino.

Hello all. We are planning the Camino this next year the month of May. Lots of planning, scheduling and pre miles to be done.
We are doing the Lisbon Portugal Camino and not certain if it’s Central or Coastal.
move already read a lot of great comments and look forward to picking the experience brains.
Mike and Sue
If you check out my web site you may find something of use, Mike and Sue. I personally love Lisbon, and enjoyed the camino very much, splitting it over two years - Lisbon to Porto and Porto to Santiago. You may enjoy the diaries and the photo albums on:
Enjoy!
Steve.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Well Its now 3 years since my Camino Frances and hopefully I will be walking the Corfu Trail this September. Now planning my Camino Portuguese for next April. Hopefully things should be back to some form of normality by then.

Mike and Sue
Provided Australia open borders planning to go May next year Has been on my agenda for 5 years however my wife got cancer and passed away which ruled out 2016 to 2019. I also got cancer in 2019, all good now touch wood, and then covid in 2020 and 21. Praying that 2022 will be the year.

Provided Australia open borders planning to go May next year Has been on my agenda for 5 years however my wife got cancer and passed away which ruled out 2016 to 2019. I also got cancer in 2019, all good now touch wood, and then covid in 2020 and 21. Praying that 2022 will be the year.
Also planning April/May 2022 Lisbon/Porto to Santiago then on to Muxia & Finisterre, if possible. Recovering Ca survivor & recovering from chemo knocked me down as well. At my age (83 now), I see the odds of making this work at 50/50 but as Michael Jordan once said, "I miss 100% of the shots I don't take. Trying to get into shape to get into hiking condition well before time. Fingers crossed & persevering.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Mike and Sue
Bom caminho! If you have any specific questions at this stage, ask away. May should be a nice month as the basic weather priorities for the CP are for it to not to be too hot at the beginning and for it not to be too wet at the end!

Planning 2022 CF from Pamplona to Leon (leg not done on previous caminos). Watching posts of 2021 Camino pilgrims battling COVID tensions along the way. Buen Camino everyone! Hoping many of the travel bugs will be over or at least recovering in positive ways. Want to get in a stretch during the Holy Year.

G'Day Llew, no promises but hopefully I (and my brother) will see you in Porto. Cheers

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Also planning April/May 2022 Lisbon/Porto to Santiago then on to Muxia & Finisterre, if possible. Recovering Ca survivor & recovering from chemo knocked me down as well. At my age (83 now), I see the odds of making this work at 50/50 but as Michael Jordan once said, "I miss 100% of the shots I don't take. Trying to get into shape to get into hiking condition well before time. Fingers crossed & persevering.
Good on you Abuelo. All going well we may run into each other.

I would like to be able to say that I will be joining you but I still need to get both the COVID19 vaccinations sorted (had the first AZ) but then need to get the Aust Govt exit visa. Yep crazy as it sound we Aussies are at present prevented from leaving the country - unless travelling to New Zealand or for work as a professional sports person. Buen Camino.
But how lucky are we to be living in such a "safe" part of the world. I'm sure we'll "open up" soon enough for you to complete a Camino. Use the time to get fit, get used to carrying your pack and plan. Buen Camino

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Planning to do the short TUI to Santiago for our first Camino in May 2022. Going with an old school friend. Good to read all these comments.

Hopefully I will meet some of you this May or June. I will be walking the Camino de Torres from Salamanca to Santiago beginning on the 3rd of May in Salamanca. The Camino de Torres joins the Camino Portuguese at Ponte de Lima, about 38 km south of Porto. I will probably be arriving in Porto about the 23rd of May. Once I Reach Santiago I hope to then travel to Santander to resume my incomplete walk on the Norte. This will be my seventh time walking on the Camino ands its variants, and will likely be the last due to my age. Although I have been saying that for at least the last four of my visits to beautiful Spain.

Best wishes to all. Old Hillwalker

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Hello all fellow pilgrims! To celebrate my 70th birthday I'll be following the Frances path from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela. Really excited abut the journey for me starting...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)
Hi I'm Keith 60 years young from Newcastle upon Tyne UK.arriving on the 1635 Edinburgh ryanair flight on 9th September 2024 anyone like to share my express bourricot

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back