• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Portuguese from Tui in August

Dilbin

Time of past OR future Camino
Irun to Santander del Norte
Hi folks. This is a route I have previously completed but will return in August with my wife who walked from Porto to Valenca in April. She desperately wants to complete her first Camino and unfortunately this is the only time she can get holidays from work. My question simply, is this as crazy busy as many suggest. Thank you. Daniel

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
In August the Spaniards go on holidays so lots will walk the 100 km distances from among others Sarria, Tui and Vigo

We walked last August from the coastal suburbs of Porto to Santiago and enjoyed it. We did the sendra litoral/coastal route as far as Redondela and then merged into the central route. (We had previously walked the central route.) We stayed in hotels, and my wife had her pack transported. It was busy and warm on the central route – the coastal route was cooler and less crowded – but not unbearably crowded. As the previous poster noted, there were lots of twenty- and thirty-something Spaniards walking the last 100 kms of the central route. We reserved a day or two in advance (maybe a little farther in advance for the weekend) and had little trouble finding places to stay.
We always love Pontevedra, and encountered lots of unexpected things of interest along the route: the beaches in the Vigo suburb of Nigrán, a crew regatta in Redondela, the hot spring outdoor hand laundry (lavadero termal) in Caldas de Reis; and the really beautifully updated and renovated Rosalia de Castro House-Museum in Padron. Enjoy it!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
We always love Pontevedra, and encountered lots of unexpected things of interest along the route: the beaches in the Vigo suburb of Nigrán, a crew regatta in Redondela, the hot spring outdoor hand laundry (lavadero termal) in Caldas de Reis; and the really beautifully updated and renovated Rosalia de Castro House-Museum in Padron. Enjoy it!
Thank-you @MJB for the tips!

Most read last week in this forum

My final question since I have asked sooo many. Grabbing a light lunch that I can get on the go, hoping to grab it, and find a square or a bench to enjoy it, then get back to walking. Not really...
Hello everyone! My wife and I are doing our first Camino in Sept and I was very curious about the stretch from Tui to Pontevedra. We have been to Spain multiple times and love the small towns...
We arrived in Lisbon yesterday, 48 hrs (by choice via Singapore, Milan and Madrid) after leaving home from regional South Australia. Train to Porto tomorrow hitting the pilgram path on Saturday to...
I’ll be finishing the Caminho Português next month. Last year I wore Hoka Challenger 6 ATR shoes. I did have some blisters and foot pain, but a lot could have been due to the 30+km days from...
Hello, I lost my GoPro with all my pictures on the Camino between Pedra Furada and Aborim last week. Is there a lost and found in SDC? Any other ideas? Thanks and Buen Camino.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back