• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Post parcel to St Jean pied de port

Kate48

Camino junkie
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2016 & 23 Sanabres 2017; Le Puy 2018/19;
Hi! Does anyone know of anything similar to Ivar’s wonderful storage service in St Jean? I want to send a few things forward from Cahors and thought of Poste Restante but they only hold for 2 weeks and I am still 3 weeks away....
Thanking you brains trust in anticipation...
Kate

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Just a thought, but if you know where you will lodge while in SJPdP you could contact them and see if they will hold a package for you for a fee, or maybe for free?

I was wondering that exact same thing myself. :D

I want to post ahead some cream (for psoriasis) which probably can't be taken into the plane (I'm unclear, it would be 2-3x100g tubes). I'd seen the mention of Ivar’s service in Santiago, and wondered if something similar existed at SJPdP.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I was wondering that exact same thing myself. :D

I want to post ahead some cream (for psoriasis) which probably can't be taken into the plane (I'm unclear, it would be 2-3x100g tubes). I'd seen the mention of Ivar’s service in Santiago, and wondered if something similar existed at SJPdP.
Three separate 100g tubes would be permissible in your carry on luggage, provided that they fit within your one liter baggie along with any other liquids, creams and gels.

Three separate 100g tubes would be permissible in your carry on luggage, provided that they fit within your one liter baggie along with any other liquids, creams and gels.

Cheers! Despite having flown loads, I haven't transported liquid or creams in hand luggage.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum

Hello - I am planning to walk about the first half of the Via Podiensis next month, May 2024. I will start from Le Puy and walk for 16 days. I am flying into Paris and would like to purchase a sim...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back