• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pre buying Sim cards for Spain

hunsta

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2015 Portuguese 2023 Ingles 2023
I'm starting my Camino in May 2015 and I was wondering about prebuying a Sim card for a phone before I go. I know this subject has been covered elsewhere, but I'm asking this in here cause from the site I have tried to get info out of ( Sims for Spain) doesn't return my enquirers.
Has any other Australian s done this? I intend to buy an unlocked phone when I fly into France ( much cheaper than here) but want a Spanish Sim card to put in it as I'll have to wait til I reach Pamplona( I believe) to find a phone store. I just want too avoib Telstra's roaming charges.
Cheers
Craig.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I'm starting my Camino in May 2015 and I was wondering about prebuying a Sim card for a phone before I go. I know this subject has been covered elsewhere, but I'm asking this in here cause from the site I have tried to get info out of ( Sims for Spain) doesn't return my enquirers.
Has any other Australian s done this? I intend to buy an unlocked phone when I fly into France ( much cheaper than here) but want a Spanish Sim card to put in it as I'll have to wait til I reach Pamplona( I believe) to find a phone store. I just want too avoib Telstra's roaming charges.
Cheers
Craig.

You can order one from this site. Lebara's website is in English as well.
http://www.santiagodecompostela.me/collections/new-items/products/spanish-sim-card

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Ivar is an amazing guy. He provides a lot of other resources too, including a package storage in Santiago that allows you to pick up your property you don't need until you finish the Camino.

Cheers
Craig.

G'da hunsta and welcome to the forum. I used a Travelsim card from Australia. Check out there website. However i hardly used it as I had an iPhone and used Facetime to contact home etc. I also found plenty of places with free wifi on my journeys. No hassles at all with any of it. I also use "What's app" to keep in contact with my grandchildren.
Buen camino.
PS. I am walking the Le Puy route next April May.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I was totally taken aback by just how many free WiFi spots their were along the track. I would suggest that you use Skype for all your calls and your mobile for emergencies only. International calling cards are also a very cheap and effective way of contacting people back home and available everywhere.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back