• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Preparing for a Camino

• Thread starter Former member 49149
  • Start date
F

Former member 49149

79830368-96F3-4CB1-9063-E08D6E26FF75.jpeg
Everyone who comes to this Forum is on a quest, literally or metaphorically. Some take a long time gathering information, weighing up options, not to mention the load to be carried, while others are off in a flash.It is a Christian pilgrimage, although not all who follow the Camino have that as their motivation. For those who wish, I attach a photo of a great mystery that predates Christian searching, as the special preparation and waiting time of Advent in the Christian calendar begins. Whatever your Camino and your anticipation of it, I wish you wonder and silence to absorb the gift it will bring you. Buen Camino.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Whatever your Camino and your anticipation of it, I wish you wonder and silence to absorb the gift it will bring you

Beautifully written ,
We discovered the following;
1/The ancient Greeks loved to stroll as they philosophised , Step by Step you create a rhythm, its the rhythm of motion and motion is life
2/Asked hundred of times , "What goes inside your head" when walking
Oh Nothing and that is just about right.
3/A Pilgrimage is an entirely un - intellectual experience ,
and
All you need Kirkie , and as a Paddy you will understand , is the correct amount of rain.
A great post by you mate

Beautifully written ,
1/The ancient Greeks loved to stroll as they philosophised , Step by Step you create a rhythm, its the rhythm of motion and motion is life
and
All you need Kirkie , and as a Paddy you will understand , is the correct amount of rain.
A great post by you mate
Thanks, Thornley, glad it caught your fancy. I am geographically challenged by the way: yes, my grampa said his grampa was run out of Northern Ireland for sheep stealing, my own child and early adulthood was in the country of my birth and then I moved to Ireland, with the world as my oyster. What a lovely sound to that word!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
That silence...
Serendipity music...
Loudly mystically wonderfully...

Beautifully written ,
and
A great post by you mate
And what's more, Thornley, when I finished my teacher training 1000 years ago, my original plan was to take a £10 "Assisted Passage" to Australia! but circumstances changed, so I just hopped across the water from Scotland to Ireland instead...

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
And what's more, Thornley, when I finished my teacher training 1000 years ago, my original plan was to take a £10 "Assisted Passage" to Australia! but circumstances changed, so I just hopped across the water from Scotland to Ireland instead...

A familiar story Kirkie , the passage to Scotland , the mixture all those years ago got them over the line ;)

We lobbed here in 1852 , unassisted with no criminal tags [ unfortunately ] and my great , great, great, great etc immediately began work for a wee Scot who [ 3 years to the day] gave him a horse , an axe and with love said , go and mark your own plot lad , thus on the Broken River the old bloke with the axe marked his property , my Grand son now a seventh generation madman.

But Kirkie for my "For a good Camino " you need the right amount of rain comment i might be wrong with you lass . I can picture you in the mist and drizzle in the early hours with a big smile as you commence your day in STJPP , hoping for similar the "next month"
I'm like that when we visit Thurles and/or Strathpeffer when visiting the oldies , a 24 hour flight to have a barbie in the drizzle :D

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all, I’m starting my Camino Frances on May 12. I’ve booked my first night in SJPDP, but I’m starting to worry I need to book more. My plan was to take it day by day and just turn up, but lots...
Hello all. Here to give a brief account of my (and many others) first day on the Camino on May 1. The trip to Roncesvalles was tough. I went Valcarlos route because napoleon was very ill advised...
Or do you prefer Cromwell's attitude? Put your trust in God and keep your powder dry. I am starting to get tired of the attitude that it isn't necessary to take reasonable care and thought...
I struggle with social anxiety and I was wandering if anybody with the same issue had a positive experience on the Camino walking alone. I saw lots of posts and videos people talking about forming...
I am wondering how you disconnect, in part, from the world. I have a couple of reasons that I need to be accessible but, I don't want to be constantly connected on this journey. Ideas?
Money stolen from bag on bed while sleeping. Estelle municipal hostel. Not a big inconvenience as my passport and credit cards were left.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back