• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Primitivo amble

docpam

Pam
Time of past OR future Camino
Lourdes, Aragonese May-June 2018 incomplete
I will be starting my Primitivo walk from Oviedo on 26 May 2015. I fly from Cape Town to Madrid on 22 May, spend a day visiting the Prado, then bus/train to Oviedo. Hope to spend a day there, then start walking on 26 May 2015. I have to get used to the heat of Spain after the cold of Cape Town. Will probably walk 15-20 kms per day. A companion would be great. This camino is going to be an amble for me, enjoying the scenery, looking at monuments and churches, and talking to my creator.

Last edited:
Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
I will be starting my Primitivo walk from Oviedo on 26 May 2015. I fly from Cape Town to Madrid on 22 May, spend a day visiting the Prado, then bus/train to Oviedo. Hope to spend a day there, then start walking on 26 May 2015. I have to get used to the heat of Spain after the cold of Cape Town. Will probably walk 15-20 kms per day. A companion would be great. This camino is going to be an amble for me, enjoying the scenery, looking at monuments and churches, and talking to my creator.

Will be leaving the Hostal Arcos in Oviedo on the 26 May to begin my Camino. Saw a recommendation on the forum for this hostal.

Hello I will be arriving in Santander on 21 May, going to Oviedo on 22 and starting the Primitivo on 25. We could try to meet.

Elena

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi, I hope that you have a great time and enjoy the scenery. Wish you a Buen Camino, Peter.

Hi Elena, wish you a Buen Camino, Peter.
Thank you Peter.

Question I have been on this site for an hour trying to figure out how to add my camino to the calender. Could you help? Iver's explanation doesnt (where is the Thread on the right?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thank you Peter.

Question I have been on this site for an hour trying to figure out how to add my camino to the calender. Could you help? Iver's explanation doesnt (where is the Thread on the right?
Hi
To add to the calendar you must have added a new topic, which you have done. Now on the right hand side of the screen should be something about Calendar. I just remember, top, right hand side. Good luck

Hi
To add to the calendar you must have added a new topic, which you have done. Now on the right hand side of the screen should be something about Calendar. I just remember, top, right hand side. Good luck
Thanks. It did take me quite a while but finally...

Hello I will be arriving in Santander on 21 May, going to Oviedo on 22 and starting the Primitivo on 25. We could try to meet.

Elena
Where will you be staying in Oviedo? I believe the albergues are 'different'? I have booked at the Hostal Arcos - I think Rebecca recommended it.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Where will you be staying in Oviedo? I believe the albergues are 'different'? I have booked at the Hostal Arcos - I think Rebecca recommended it.
Last year I stayed in the albergue municipal. I did not like it very much, quite damp and cold. We left early in the morning rather rainy too but, with hindsight I am glad that I stayed there since it was preparing me for the camino (not too many comforts) and also I met lots of people that first day, people we ended up arriving to Santiago together. I will look into the hostal that you mention

Last year I stayed in the albergue municipal. I did not like it very much, quite damp and cold. We left early in the morning rather rainy too but, with hindsight I am glad that I stayed there since it was preparing me for the camino (not too many comforts) and also I met lots of people that first day, people we ended up arriving to Santiago together. I will look into the hostal that you mention

I booked the hostel via Booking.com I will be staying 2 nights and albergues only let you stay 1 night - so I decided to stay at the hostal.

I bought gaiters this week. I just hope it is not going to be too wet and cold. When I walked to Finisterra in July 2013 it was so wet - I am not used to cold wet weather. Our winters in Cape Town are not really cold and I seldom go outside to walk in the rain.

Just an update on Hostal los Arcos. I have stayed there at least four or five times and always enjoyed it, but this recent thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/where-to-stay-in-oviedo.31639/ made me reconsider. If price is a consideration, it seems that a few of the places listed by some other forum members might be a better deal. Los Arcos has a great old town location and the owners are very nice, but their prices seem to have gone up quite a bit recently. Laurie

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I have tried to think of a response to my friends on why I walk the Camino:
  • I work for a publishing house as a writer/screencaster. All of us who work for this company work in our free time with no office hours with the boss usually phoning after 8 at night. I usually walk when we have just finished a book and it is in for printing. When on the Camino I am 'free'.
  • I now work as a lecturer at university. I was only asked to teach one week before university started. I bought my air ticket last year, long before university started. I will create work for the students to do while I am away. If they chose not to do the work that is their problem. The students write exams the first Monday after I return. I will have the exam papers printed before I leave, to have everything ready. While I am away, my education students must take responsibility for their own learning. I will give them exercises, videos/screencasts and quizzes to help learning and track their learning. I do not intend logging in to the university web site from Spain.
  • I am a 'full-time' student at a distance university. Two days after writing my exams I fly out to walk. I return just in time to register for the next semester. I decided to study for a 2nd BA degree after visiting the Museum of Evolution in 2013. I am now studying Ancient Rome (classical studies), Archeaology and Music in society. I am studying these subjects because of all the Roman links on the Camino, archeaology has helped codify the Camino past and I wanted to understand the wonderful music heard in Santiago.
I walk the Camino to rest my brain and re-connect with myself.

Last edited:
Have just bought the Camino places app to use on my Ipad. Hope it is available for the Android soon.

I walk the Camino to rest my brain and re-connect with myself.

I'm doing much the same thing, and I'm also studying archaeology. I'm leaving from Oviedo on May 14, so I'll probably be too far ahead of you to meet up, but it's cool to know there's another archaeology student walking the Primitivo in May!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.