Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Primitivo plans booked!

• Thread starter Anemone del Camino
  • Start date
A

Anemone del Camino

I was waiting to see the podologist (next Wednesday) before booking my flight, but saw a wonderful price and decided to just go for it. I will leave Montreal on May 17th, flying into Madrid and then take the bus from Estacion Sur for Oviedo (11 Euros!). Will start walking on the 19th, for 17 days - taking it easy with some short days here and there along the way.

I really don't want to linger in Santiago after I get there, so I think I will take the evening Ryan Air flight back to Madrid and then spend two days there, or in Toledo, before coming back home.

Now all I have to do is cross my fingers about what the podologist is going to say about my heelspur, and for good weather.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I was waiting to see the podologist (next Wednesday) before booking my flight, but saw a wonderful price and decided to just go for it. I will leave Montreal on May 17th, flying into Madrid and then take the bus from Estacion Sur for Oviedo (11 Euros!). Will start walking on the 19th, for 17 days - taking it easy with some short days here and there along the way.

I really don't want to linger in Santiago after I get there, so I think I will take the evening Ryan Air flight back to Madrid and then spend two days there, or in Toledo, before coming back home.

Now all I have to do is cross my fingers about what the podologist is going to say about my heelspur, and for good weather.
{{The power of positive thinking}}

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Great news Anemone, you have given yourself lots of time to take it easy and enjoy every step. Looking forward to hearing how it goes for you! Laurie

Great news Anemone, you have given yourself lots of time to take it easy and enjoy every step. Looking forward to hearing how it goes for you! Laurie
Thank you Laurie. This time I will be kinder to my poor foot. I cannot wait for the views of the Hospitales route - fingers crossed for the weather to allow it.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

So glad to hear that everything is falling into place for your Camino! :)
Do you mind if I ask what airline you'll be flying to and from Madrid?

So glad to hear that everything is falling into place for your Camino! :)
Do you mind if I ask what airline you'll be flying to and from Madrid?
Magpieinnaz, I have a direct flight to Madrid on Airtransat for 759$ all included. With Air Canada I would have had a layover in Frankfurt.

Yeah, visited podologist, and she is oh no NOT impressed by these long walks of ours ;0) I told her she needed to have me able to walk those 300+km by May. Off to ultrasound I got to see what I may have torn on top of the heelspur. Apparently on a digital xray you can see soft tissue, like tendons, but not as well as you see mine. She has her work cut out for her ;0)

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Yeah, visited podologist, and she is oh no NOT impressed by these long walks of ours ;0) I told her she needed to have me able to walk those 300+km by May. Off to ultrasound I got to see what I may have torn on top of the heelspur. Apparently on a digital xray you can see soft tissue, like tendons, but not as well as you see mine. She has her work cut out for her ;0)
Stay strong! Do you have a rehab plan???

Stay strong! Do you have a rehab plan???
Not yet Liz, but thank you for asking. I have left a message for an appointment with the best ultrasound facility, waiting for them to call back with a date. Apparently their work is much more superior to others and would help pinpoint my tears. What do I know?

But apparently my orthodics are well made, and still good. Perhaps the angles will need to be ajusted. My shoes that have walked with me for the last 600km are clearly dead, but I chose well when buying my new Salomons. And I have to wear a heel (who knew?!) at work, and instead of my slippers at home I should wear my Birkinstocks. I normally wear an inch or inch and a half heel at work, but could wear higher apparently.

Will keep reporting if you are interested.

Not yet Liz, but thank you for asking. I have left a message for an appointment with the best ultrasound facility, waiting for them to call back with a date. Apparently their work is much more superior to others and would help pinpoint my tears. What do I know?

But apparently my orthodics are well made, and still good. Perhaps the angles will need to be ajusted. My shoes that have walked with me for the last 600km are clearly dead, but I chose well when buying my new Salomons. And I have to wear a heel (who knew?!) at work, and instead of my slippers at home I should wear my Birkinstocks. I normally wear an inch or inch and a half heel at work, but could wear higher apparently.

Will keep reporting if you are interested.
Heels!? I'd die:eek:! I misunderstood you last post and thought you already had the ultrasound. It's kinda cool that the can do it-- new technology since I had bad symptoms. Good luck. Liz

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Heels!? I'd die:eek:! I misunderstood you last post and thought you already had the ultrasound. It's kinda cool that the can do it-- new technology since I had bad symptoms. Good luck. Liz
I had the xray done, and it shows the heelspurr. But podiatrist things I may have torn tissue as well, hence the need for the ultrasound. She's apparently not too concern about the heelspur.What concerns me is that my backup plan was a cortisone injection, but she tells me that the needle would tear more tissue and that would offset any benefit from not feeling pain. Ah well, time will tell I suppose ...

Most read last week in this forum

I have been trying to find a way to avoid the circus during the last stages of Frances. In two hours you can take the Lugo - Ourense train and walk the last stages on the Plata. Is it a good idea...
https://www.alojamientoloshospitales.com/albergue I found a link to this place in an old thread, but can't find it on WisePilgrim, the Gronze map or if I search by address. Can someone tell me...
Hi all Heading out for a meal tonight and Pilgrim mass before starting the Primitivo tomorrow. Any recommendations on where to get a great meal in Oviedo?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back