• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Primitivo?

MrsMoose

Time of past OR future Camino
French route 2016
Hi, just trying to sort what sort of Camino trip I do - had originally been steered by a tour operator towards Sarria to Santiago. Have a trip of a week plus maybe a nother day or so in mind. But have done a bit more digging and it would seem equally possible to start in Lugo - which the (different) company - describes at the second stage of the Camino Primitivo. This seems to join up with the French way at the end. Does anyone have thoughts on the rival merits of the two routes. With the second one it might be a bit easier to get to the starting point. I like the idea of sociability and being able to talk to fellow-travellers. But I also enjoy 'the road less travelled' at times.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Why not bus from Santiago to Ferrol then walk the Ingles to SDC? 4,5 or 6 days to cover 110k with some lovely scenery. Not only will you qualify for a Compostela but you also have the satisfaction of having walked a complete Camino. Any time over will allow an exploration of SDC. Maybe even the walk of walks around SDC that our Johnnie Walker has given us a guide for?

Lugo is a delightful town. Worth at least a day there. The old walls which you can completely walk around the whole town is just one of the attractions. Certainly much more interesting than Sarria, which us nothing more than a convenient starting point! And it's easier to get to!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Lugo is a delightful town. Worth at least a day there. The old walls which you can completely walk around the whole town is just one of the attractions. Certainly much more interesting than Sarria, which us nothing more than a convenient starting point! And it's easier to get to!
That's the impression I got. (Have just looked at the Rough Guide for Spain.) Thank you!

Most read last week in this forum

A message has just been posted on the Facebook account of the albergue in Roncesvalles. It seems the combination of pilgrim numbers beyond their capacity and poor weather has made this a difficult...
I’m on the Camino Frances since April 4. I just finished the Meseta and it feels unpleasantly busy and has since the beginning. No time time to smell the roses or draw much. There is a sense from...
Hello, I'll be starting the Camino soon and there's one bit of it that worries me. The descent from Collado de Lepoeder to Roncesvalles seems quite steep (according to the Wise Pilgrim app) which...
Hi everyone. My name is Nika. I plan to take my backpack, and go on Camino in the end of the next week. I still don’t know how will I get from Kyiv to France. And what city should I come to… I...
Good morning, all: I'll be starting my first-ever Camino (and first trip to Europe, actually) in one month. I'd appreciate any and all advice regarding the price(s)/price range for lunches on the...
We are in SJPP today While we were standing in line today, one of my pilgrims met 3 people from Taiwan, who could not find a bed. He said he also saw several people on their phones, frantically...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back