• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Private Accommodation you would not miss

GuyA

Time of past OR future Camino
Hi,

Similar to a great posting on Albergues one should not miss I would be interested in hearing about private accommodation i.e. hotels, B&B type that you thought was great...and why.

Any information on the Via Jacobi, Via Gebennensis, Le Puy, French or Finisterre routes welcome.

Thanks for sharing

Guy

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hotel Hostal dos Reis Catolicos

Great breakfast buffet, and central to Santiago.

The rooms upstairs at La Taberna, Castrojeriz. We stayed there twice. The second time they came out and hugged us goodbye.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hostal El Peregrino in El Burgo Ranero. Family run establishment, also a very nice restaurant. Paid 20 € for my own spotless clean bedroom with private toilet and shower. They have four computers for public access. Was there on a sunday and loved the atmosphere : men playing cards, people chatting and children playing.
http://www.infohostal.com/guia/leon/el- ... grino.html

Hotel as Artes
Traversia de Dos Puertas 2,
15707 Santiago de Compostela.

About 100M from the Cathedral. The staff are wonderful, the breakfasts sumptuous, and the rooms luxurious. A wonderful treat after a long camino!

I'll second the Hotel as Artes in Compostela! I've there twice and found the atmosphere much nicer than the overated, to me anyway, Hostel dos Reis Catolicos Parador.

One Parador I feel should not be missed is the Hostal San Marcos in Leon. This is a much nicer set-up than the Santiago de Compostela Parador, staff are far more informative and caring and, even if your room is in the newish annex out the back, you still have the run of the hotel itself including the cloisters. To anyone who might stay there, make your way to the library on the first floor of the cloister and find the little glass door that opens on to the church next door. Step through it and you'll find yourself on a tiny balcony overlooking the body of the church.

I also liked the Meson el Cid in Burgos. This hotel is opposite the west door of Burgos Cathedral, so rooms at the front have a spectacular view day or night. Rooms at the back are quieter and look towards the Meseta.

Trudy

A selection of Camino Jewellery
In Fromista facing the church at 2 plaza San Martin, the Pension Marisa is a simple oasis. Very clean with good food it is where the city workers eat at mid-day. Main meal, breakfast and a heated private room for 30 euros. The toilet/shower is on the landing. Tel. 979 81 00 23. Have stayed there 5 times during 6 Caminos and it was always a pleasure. The three women who run it are a delight.

I've stayed at Meson el Cid in Burgos & recommend it. Not cheap, but worth it. I also recommend the Hotel Portales in Logrono, right outside the wall leading from the old part of town, directly on the Camino. Again, not cheap, but has (or had when I was there) free internet & computers in the lobby for guest use.

A cheaper option in Leon than the San Marcos is the Hostal Albany. It's more like a hotel than a hostal, since you have your own room & bath. TV too, but only Spanish channels.

Kelly

mspath said:
In Fromista facing the church at 2 plaza San Martin, the Pension Marisa is a simple oasis. Very clean with good food it is where the city workers eat at mid-day. Main meal, breakfast and a heated private room for 30 euros. The toilet/shower is on the landing. Tel. 979 81 00 23. Have stayed there 5 times during 6 Caminos and it was always a pleasure. The three women who run it are a delight.

I think it was €18 for a single room in April. A lovely pension.
annie

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...
A promotion started here right now. A step-counting sweater from Wolkswagen records how far you walk, and if you walk 613 km (which is the range of the latest model) before 16th June, you can win...
Past,present and future Thanks for sharing your adventures! This forum will be a touchstone someday in the future ..where you had gone and how far, from where and when A Canterbery tales sort of...
Hi! I just want to know if anyone had any success (or trouble conversely on that matter) using your Visa Debit Card with 6-digit PIN when withdrawing Euros in ATMs in France and Spain? Just want...
Seems to be a lot of people posting about stuff they lost on the Camino recently. I managed to leave a nice new-ish polo shirt somewhere drying and didn't notice for over a week. I hope someone...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back