• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Puebla de Sanabria - Finisterre

Luka

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Next: Camino Sanabrés (May 2024)
Hi from Zamora! I don't know how much I will post here, but you can also follow me on FindPenguins: FindPenguins.com/caminoluka

Tomorrow I'll catch a train to Puebla de Sanabria and the day after tomorrow I'll start walking from there.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Today I walked my first stage from Puebla de Sanabria to Requejo. I am taking it slow, because I have had problems with my Achilles tendons for a long time and were not able to train. We'll see how it goes. The first stage went well, however my back complained quite a lot about my rather heavy pack (maybe I shouldn't have brought that electric coil and cup).

Albergue Casa Luz was great. Everything a pilgrim could ask for, including duvets on the beds. I didn't meet the owners as I arrived late. We were with 4 pilgrims in total (one biker, 2 other pilgrims walking faster than me).

I am the only pilgrim in albergue Casa Cerviño. In an hour or so 2 girls will arrive by car, the owner just told me. The albergue is totally fine. Fresh sheets, a little kitchen, a balcony, nothing to complain about.

As a vegetarian I had to be creative. There is no supermarket in Requejo. The local bar (a bit of an unfriendly lady) had some stuff, but hardly fresh fruits or vegetables. I bought an onion, garlic, canned beans and tomatoes and made something out of that (I am carrying olive oil and some herbs and spices).

Last edited:
The arrows were a bit misleading in between Puebla de Sanabria and Requejo. There were arrows leading you to the wrong side of the river (past the guardia civil) and it took a while until I figured that out, so I had to walk back. Later on, the arrows keep you longer on the N-525 than necessary.

So tomorrow (Requejo - Lubián) I'll try Wikiloc. That is a bit confusing as well, as I have found many different alternatives on Wikiloc. Also Gronze reports not being up to date because of all the changes. There seems to be a new (marked) route along the river, but apparently that ends up at the AVE with a difficult climb on cement. So it might be a bit of an adventure tomorrow.

Hi Luka
Good reports & Gee I wish I was there ❤️❤️🙏🙏

I think the @wisepilgrim app is pretty well up to date . You could download if you’ve got wifi ?

Or also @geraldkelly Gerald’s VIA app .. is pretty regularly updated.

I’ve attached a screen shot (Gerald’s VIA app) of that section .. but not sure my app has been updated. Worth reading tho. ( I think they posted out of order - start with 2nd pic ).

Let’s know how the ‘coil ‘ goes on your way.

Buen camino
Annie IMG_5465.pngIMG_5464.png

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi Luka.
You could go for the "quick and dirty" option, stay on the N525, over the viaduct and through the tunnel, there is a footpath through the tunnel and as I remember in October last year there were no prohibitions re pedestrians.
Plus there is a coffee stop not far after the tunnel.
The camino was signed off the N525 to the left a few Kms down the road.
Regards
George

This used to be one of my favorite parts of the Sanabres, the walk through Acibero to Lubian. I believe the original route was moved during the Ave construction, but I also think the original route is once again passable. I don’t know what the tracks show, but from Acibero to Lubian used to be an idyllic stroll alongside a stream.

And if you’re in Lubian, looking for a way to spend some afternoon downtime, I would highly recommend a short walk up the hill next to the Medical Center to see the very interesting wolf catcher from the 1800s, I believe.

Thanks all for your suggestions. I read them just now. It all went well and I think I followed the latest tracks. I uploaded them here.

I wanted to stay away as much as I could from the N-525. The cement part near the AVE railway wasn't diffiicult at all. Just hard because it is quite a steep climb with hardly any shade. And yes, I followed the beautiful forest path leading through Aciberos.

No feet left for further sightseeing unfortunately. We are with 8 pilgrims in the municipal of Lubian. Most days it is around 4 pilgrims, so still people on the road on a daily base.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
My Camino unfortunately ended after only 4 (short) days of walking. The problems with my Achilles tendons returned...

I am in Ourense now. Tomorrow I'll start travelling back home... I will need a lot of patience before I can start planning another try...

Hi from Zamora! I don't know how much I will post here, but you can also follow me on FindPenguins: FindPenguins.com/caminoluka

Tomorrow I'll catch a train to Puebla de Sanabria and the day after tomorrow I'll start walking from there.
Great. I am planning that route for April 2024..looking forward tp your reports,,Buen Camino

Most read last week in this forum

After a smooth and uneventful flight from Chicago to Madrid on Iberia, the last three days we have been doing some sightseeing in Salamanca and Zamora, and our days have been sunny, a little cool...
After 13 days of walking I've finished my 337km walk on the Camino Sanabres, and my entire 1400km walk from Almería. Yay! If anyone's interested in a day-by-day report, you can find it on my...
Hello, Has anyone travelled by train or bus from Santiago to Zamora on to Granja de Moreruela, I've checked online and it seems there is a train from Santiago to Zamora. I will be flying from the...
One route looks a bit steeper, one a bit longer (not much). How else are they different? Recommendations?
I left them on the trail about 4-5 k before Cea I expect to be in Santiago on April 27-28. Mu email is written on the sides of the poles (for just this eventuality). If you find them and we can...
I think I’m on day 12, so not quite two weeks in. Thus far the VDLP is definitely a different animal than the CF. And I have to say, I’m struggling to enjoy it as much as the CF last year. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back