• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Puente la Reina/Pamplona to SJPP in April

keoghy

Im walking from SJPP to Puente la Reina in early April

Question : How do i get from Puente la Reina to SJPP on Wednesday 9th of April 2013

It seems that i'm travelling to early for the main bus companies as they only operate this route during the summer. I know there is a daily bus from Puente la Reina to Pamplona. I've been in touch with expressbouricot.com and i'm waiting for a reply.

Anyone got any ideas really dont wanna get stuck with a massive taxi fare.

Any help would be much appreciated.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
ALSA may be operating the bus from Pamplona to SJPdP starting on the first of April. They are a bit coy about announcing it before it starts. Express Bouricot has had some regulatory problems operating between France and Spain, so it may not be an option. There is a daily bus, except Sundays, from Pamplona to Roncesvalles throughout the year. Then a taxi from Roncesvalles to SJPdP may be your only option.

There is more than a daily bus from Puente La Reina:
ORIGEN H. SALIDA DESTINO H. LLEGADA VALIDEZ EMPRESA PRECIO
Puente la R.
(Pamplona-Logroño) 11:15 Pamplona Estación de Autobuses 11:50 LMXJVSD LA ESTELLESA 2.00 €

Puente la R.
(Pamplona-Logroño) 14:30 Pamplona Estación de Autobuses 15:00 LMXJVSD LA ESTELLESA 2.00 €

Puente la R.
(Pamplona-Logroño) 17:38 Pamplona Estación de Autobuses 18:00 LMXJVSD LA ESTELLESA 2.00 €

Puente la R.
(Calahorra-Estella-Pamplona) 20:07 Pamplona Estación de Autobuses 20:35 D LA ESTELLESA 2.14 €

Puente la R.
(Pamplona-Sartaguda) 20:07 Pamplona Estación de Autobuses 20:35 D LA ESTELLESA 2.83 €

Puente la R.
(Pamplona-Logroño) 20:30 Pamplona Estación de Autobuses 21:00 LMXJVSD LA ESTELLESA 2.00 €

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
thanks very much for the info guys

think i might mail alsa see if i can get any info otherwise i'm busing it back to ronce and taking a taxi from there

any ideas on how much a taxi from ronce to sjpp is ?

thanks again for the info

Taxi Rates to St Jean (2012) Weekdays:
From Pamplona to Saint Jean Pied de Port - €96,
from Pamplona Airport to Saint Jean Pied de Port - €100.
If you go onto this taxi website you can use their interactive booking system to put your name down to share a taxi at a specific time with other pilgrims: http://www.taxipamplona.com/comparte.php

Thanks again for the info i filled out the form with the taxi company so i'm going to start a new topic looking for people to share it with me.

I mailed alsa about the bus service and here is the response

"Dear David ;

This route is only available in summer approximately half of June so in this case we recommend that next to your travel date http://www.alsa.es see our website.

Best regards,
Susana"

fair play to them for getting back to me but i was hoping they would confirm what falcon said.

Anyhow heres hoping i can get a few pilgrims to share a taxi with me from Pamplona to SJPP on the 9th of april 2013 the rate is €93 euros.

Thanks again for the help guys

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The cheapest way perhaps, but certainly not the easiest, would simply be to walk back to Pamplona from Puenta and from there take a bus to San Sebastian (€7) then the Euskotren to Hendaye (less than €2) And then either a bus or a train(s) to SJPP (€13 or so by train). If you don't want to walk back to Pamplona you could hitchhike. In any event this is a mere fraction of the €93 you would pay for a taxi.

Not counting the walk you're looking at 1 hour from Pamp to SS, then 40 minutes from SS to Hendaye and then probably 2 hours from Hendaye to SSJP with layovers etc.

If you don't want to walk or hitch hike:
DATOS IDA
SALIDA PUENTE LA REINA
LLEGADA PAMPLONA
FECHA 23/01/2013

* Los tiempos de paso por las localidades en ruta son aproximados, no garantizados
* Se aconseja estar con tiempo de antelación suficiente

POSIBILIDADES DE IDA
SALIDA LLEGADA LINEA Frecuencias PRECIO RUTA
07:10 07:40 ESTELLA-PAMPLONA LABORABLES 2,13 €
08:20 08:50 CALAHORRA-PAMPLONA LABORABLES 2,13 €
09:15 09:45 LOGROÑO- ESTELLA- PAMPLONA LABORABLES 2,13 €
09:15 09:45 SARTAGUDA-PAMPLONA LABORABLES 2,13 €
11:15 11:50 (SEMIDIRECTO) LOG-EST-PNA DIARIO 2,13 €
14:30 15:00 LOGROÑO-PAMPLONA DIARIO 2,13 €
15:35 16:10 SARTAGUDA-PAMPLONA LABORABLES 2,13 €
15:35 16:10 CALAHORRA-PAMPLONA LABORABLES 2,13 €
17:40 18:20 (SEMIDIRECTO) LOG-EST-PNA DIARIO 2,13 €
20:30 21:00 LOGROÑO-PAMPLONA DIARIO 2,13 €

Thanks for all the help guys

I think i'm just going to finish in pamplona that will give me an extra day so then i'll get the bus back to roncevalles and with my extra day walk back to St Jean from there I know i'll be repeating part of the walk but i might take the route via Valcarlos as I'm taking the mountain route on my first day out.

Thanks again

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
If you need to get back to Bayonne, you could walk there from Trinidad de Arre which is just outside Pamplona. You'll have to walk it backwards though!

Ruta del Baztan: ± 100 km Bayonne to Trinidad de Arre and Pamplona
It is possible to walk from Bayonne to the Camino Frances in five to six days, joining the route at Trinidad de Arre about 4.5 km from Pamplona. Although this is considered an ancient route, used by the Romans on the Camino Real, it is not a frequently used route and does not have much in the way of pilgrim accommodation until it reaches Trinidad de Arre. http://tinyurl.com/3nffmjy

falcon269 said:
ALSA may be operating the bus from Pamplona to SJPdP starting on the first of April. They are a bit coy about announcing it before it starts. Express Bouricot has had some regulatory problems operating between France and Spain, so it may not be an option. There is a daily bus, except Sundays, from Pamplona to Roncesvalles throughout the year. Then a taxi from Roncesvalles to SJPdP may be your only option.

I confirmed yesterday (Feb 4, 2013) with Express Bourricot that they are no longer picking up in Pamplona.

Taxi Rates to St Jean (2012) Weekdays:
From Pamplona to Saint Jean Pied de Port - €96,
from Pamplona Airport to Saint Jean Pied de Port - €100.
If you go onto this taxi website you can use their interactive booking system to put your name down to share a taxi at a specific time with other pilgrims: http://www.taxipamplona.com/comparte.php
If you need to get back to Bayonne, you could walk there from Trinidad de Arre which is just outside Pamplona. You'll have to walk it backwards though!

Ruta del Baztan: ± 100 km Bayonne to Trinidad de Arre and Pamplona
It is possible to walk from Bayonne to the Camino Frances in five to six days, joining the route at Trinidad de Arre about 4.5 km from Pamplona. Although this is considered an ancient route, used by the Romans on the Camino Real, it is not a frequently used route and does not have much in the way of pilgrim accommodation until it reaches Trinidad de Arre. http://tinyurl.com/3nffmjy
grate and hlpful information.
tanks

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi guys, I need help because I don’t know where else to turn. I arranged luggage transport from Paris to Santiago with casa Ivar. They gave me an invoice, shipping label, everything. I left it at...
I am trying to book a train from Santiago to Madrid on 7 May and find that all trains are full and also for about the preceding 3 or 4 days. If I go directly to the train station when I arrive...
I'm flying to Madrid on Saturday evening, and then catching a train from Madrid Chamartín early on Sunday morning. To those who have been to both, is it better to spend the night in the airport or...
I'm about to start the Camino Portuguese, and was wondering what rideshare options are available in Europe?
Hi all! I am trying to finish up the last bit of planning for our upcoming Camino, in two and a half weeks, from Sarria to Santiago de Compostela. We are kinda doing things a little backwards, as...
I was looking at Alsa bus tickets to get from Pamplona to SJPDP. We plan to take 1 carry on bag to send from SJPDP to Ivar. The bus ticket mentions size restrictions for an extra bag, etc.. What...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back